Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by Stat Man View Post
    New coach Mel Greene graduated from Vermont in 2010 was introduced to the team yesterday.
    Nice to see a full complement of staff behind the bench again!

Great first period for RPI, though they currently only lead 1-0. Also only a 9-7 edge in shots but 2 of RMU's shots came on the only PP of the period and another two came on a 2-on-1 chance. Otherwise it's been a clinic for the Engineers who held the RMU zone for a majority of the period. Liking the energy and the awareness on the ice - team looks a lot more cohesive than they've been in recent games. A much better job holding the zone as well as re-entering the zone when the puck does come out. It's had RMU on their heels for most of a period.

Now, keep it up for another two periods and they might be on to something!

Also, in case anyone is looking to watch the game, RPITV is streaming video at rpitv.org and WRPI is streaming audio at wrpi.org.
    APBWiki

Comment

Thanks for the info on video coverage GR! The quality is quite good!

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
        RPITV is doing a great job! Keep it up!

Comment

RPITV does a great job, it's nice to see them covering women's games when they can. Especially since the games get archived online for later viewing as well.

The second period was pretty much a complete 180 from the first, with RMU owning it essentially start to finish and racking up a 10-3 edge in shots. RPI's only power play didn't manage to gain the RMU zone for the first 1:30, and the Engineers gave RMU back to back power play chances later that somehow the PK managed to fend off. Looked like a combination of RMU coming out on fire after the intermission and RPI getting taken a bit by surprise and having a hard time countering it. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in the third.
          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by Stat Man View Post
            New coach Mel Greene graduated from Vermont in 2010 was introduced to the team yesterday.
            Does anyone know what she has been doing since 2010? I assume that there will be a press release, but I figured that someone would know.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Does anyone know what she has been doing since 2010? I assume that there will be a press release, but I figured that someone would know.
              I think she played in Europe right after college, but I'm not sure for how long.

Comment

Review from the top looked like it hit the crossbar and didn't even go in.

Comment

RPI and RMU going to overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Review from the top looked like it hit the crossbar and didn't even go in.
                    Did the refs do a video review?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                      Did the refs do a video review?
                      They did, after a lot of hemming and hawing. Looked like no goal was the correct call based on the view from RPITV.
                      APBWiki

Comment

• Re: RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

I posted this on the recruit thread in the Men's Hockey forum, but it really belongs here. RPI recruit Katie Rooney had a pretty good game in Buffalo HS's first game of the year with 5 goals and 3 assists in a 9-2 victory. http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/3801807

Edit: It also looks like Buffalo hired the refs. I don't recall ever seeing 8 penalties for one team and 0 for the other before, although it might just have been that Buffalo was vastly superior. (SOGs were 28-2 in their favor in the second period.)

Not a great indicator of how she will do at RPI. Look to the PWHL for a better training ground.

Comment

Originally posted by hammar22 View Post
                          Not a great indicator of how she will do at RPI. Look to the PWHL for a better training ground.
                          Certainly, and it is only game against an opponent whom I, for one, know nothing about. BTW, our other known recruit, Hannah Behounek, a defenseman, has two penalties in three games. The two schools, Minnetonka and Buffalo, play each other on 12/15 in Minnetonka if there are any RPI fans in Minnesota.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Are you able to tell us who that is, or is it still not for public release?
                            I have not seen it in print anywhere so I am reluctant to release the name.

Comment

Assistant coach at Hamilton. Considered but bypassed for head coach position when Brendan Knight went to Syracuse this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                Assistant coach at Hamilton. Considered but bypassed for head coach position when Brendan Knight went to Syracuse this summer.
                                Googled her name and found this link:
                                http://poststar.com/sports/0682644e-...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

Working...
                                X