PDA

View Full Version : RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

hammar22
11-17-2012, 06:40 PM
I posted this on the recruit thread in the Men's Hockey forum, but it really belongs here. RPI recruit Katie Rooney had a pretty good game in Buffalo HS's first game of the year with 5 goals and 3 assists in a 9-2 victory. http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/3801807

Edit: It also looks like Buffalo hired the refs. I don't recall ever seeing 8 penalties for one team and 0 for the other before, although it might just have been that Buffalo was vastly superior. (SOGs were 28-2 in their favor in the second period.)

Not a great indicator of how she will do at RPI. Look to the PWHL for a better training ground.

Ralph Baer
11-18-2012, 01:24 AM
Not a great indicator of how she will do at RPI. Look to the PWHL for a better training ground. Certainly, and it is only game against an opponent whom I, for one, know nothing about. BTW, our other known recruit, Hannah Behounek, a defenseman, has two penalties in three games. The two schools, Minnetonka and Buffalo, play each other on 12/15 in Minnetonka if there are any RPI fans in Minnesota.

Stat Man
11-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Are you able to tell us who that is, or is it still not for public release?

I have not seen it in print anywhere so I am reluctant to release the name.

HockeyEast33
11-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Does anyone know what she has been doing since 2010? I assume that there will be a press release, but I figured that someone would know.

Assistant coach at Hamilton. Considered but bypassed for head coach position when Brendan Knight went to Syracuse this summer.

Hockeynorth
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Assistant coach at Hamilton. Considered but bypassed for head coach position when Brendan Knight went to Syracuse this summer.

Googled her name and found this link:
http://poststar.com/sports/0682644e-4ad9-11e0-b596-001cc4c002e0.html

FlagDUDE08
11-20-2012, 02:48 PM
I have not seen it in print anywhere so I am reluctant to release the name.

I don't know if Chris Heisenberg tracks women's players, or if there is someone like him that does so...

Ralph Baer
11-20-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't know if Chris Heisenberg tracks women's players, or if there is someone like him that does so... He doesn't. The best thing is the thread on this forum. Conceivably there is a mention on this forum also: http://www.network54.com/Forum/679250/. It's for Ontario women's hockey. I didn't find any mention of RPI or Rensselaer yesterday, but Rensselaer has been known to have been misspelled. :D

FlagDUDE08
11-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Anyone coming out for this weekend's games? I look forward to seeing you all. I'll be the large dude with the long hair and the RPI jersey.

Stat Man
11-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Anyone coming out for this weekend's games? I look forward to seeing you all. I'll be the large dude with the long hair and the RPI jersey.

If you were at last years games in Niagara then we met.

Hockeydad4two
11-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Just to give everyone a head's up, here's the link for this weekend's games:

http://www.americaonesports.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=cha

Hope B2/Americaone have there act together!

jericho
11-23-2012, 12:18 PM
We'll also have the game on WRPI. No video, but you can have audio.

FlagDUDE08
11-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Tough game for sure. There wasn't any urgency out there; no motivation to take it to the 'cuse. Nothing happened on the power play, just pass-pass-pass-turnover (almost like I was watching a men's game). I certainly we come out with the pistons firing today.

REDaero91
11-24-2012, 05:15 PM
The team lost 4-0 to Syracuse again today. Hopefully they have a similar result next weekend to the one the men had after two 0-4 decisions in a row.

FlagDUDE08
11-24-2012, 08:48 PM
The team lost 4-0 to Syracuse again today. Hopefully they have a similar result next weekend to the one the men had after two 0-4 decisions in a row.

This looked a lot different than what I at least saw at Dartmouth. Obviously I already spoke my peace regarding Friday. Today, I thought there was some promise when the girls really came out, started to attack, and made some plays but just ran into some good goaltending, but then the third period came along, and they slipped right back into Friday mode. I don't think it has anything to do with the players, because they really played their hearts out that entire game, regardless of the difficulties experienced in the third period.

Ralph Baer
11-25-2012, 02:13 AM

I suspect that the competiton has been quite poor, but recruit Katie Rooney could help next season. Her current line is 3-9-11-20-2. :eek:

FlagDUDE08
11-25-2012, 07:02 AM
I suspect that the competiton has been quite poor, but recruit Katie Rooney could help next season. Her current line is 3-9-11-20-2. :eek:

It's not like we don't have talent on the current team. I'm more concerned with how it's being used. After watching a load of uninspired hockey, I think we're due for a coaching change.

hockeymascot
11-26-2012, 07:20 AM
It's not like we don't have talent on the current team. I'm more concerned with how it's being used. After watching a load of uninspired hockey, I think we're due for a coaching change.

I marvel how you would come on this thread and make a statement like this!? What makes you such an expert on how players should be used? You would never post this suggestion on the men's side, where it seems that all you like to do is engage hockey moms in battle, and then turtle!!

Your idol must be the lion from the Wizard of Oz........he didn't have any courage either!!:)

FlagDUDE08
11-26-2012, 07:44 AM
I marvel how you would come on this thread and make a statement like this!? What makes you such an expert on how players should be used? You would never post this suggestion on the men's side, where it seems that all you like to do is engage hockey moms in battle, and then turtle!!

Your idol must be the lion from the Wizard of Oz........he didn't have any courage either!!:)

Did you ever think that, maybe, I wouldn't post something like this on the men's thread because I don't believe it to be true for the men's team? If I thought someone was doing a ****poor job, I'd make it known.

hockeymascot
11-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Did you ever think that, maybe, I wouldn't post something like this on the men's thread because I don't believe it to be true for the men's team? If I thought someone was doing a ****poor job, I'd make it known.

This post confirms your lack of credibility, and is somewhat laughable!!! Thank you.

FlagDUDE08
11-26-2012, 08:29 AM
This post confirms your lack of credibility, and is somewhat laughable!!! Thank you.

What's funny is that you're attacking me about a series of games where I don't recall seeing you present. There's more to a hockey team than what happens in a 200x85 area.