Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    That's too bad - good coach, nice person.
    The new coach was supposed to be announced today. Anyone know who it is?

Comment

Anyone else extremely excited for the season to finally open tomorrow? UConn lost 3-2 to Union last week, so hopefully we can start the season off with some wins!

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
        Anyone else extremely excited for the season to finally open tomorrow? UConn lost 3-2 to Union last week, so hopefully we can start the season off with some wins!
        Excited, yes, but I'm not sure that those of us who live outside the region are going to have much access to games. On the WRPI schedule it shows them broadcasting all of the men's games but so far none of the women's games show up as scheduled for broadcast. On the team's webpage it says that WRPI does "select" women's games, and makes no mention of any video coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
          Excited, yes, but I'm not sure that those of us who live outside the region are going to have much access to games. On the WRPI schedule it shows them broadcasting all of the men's games but so far none of the women's games show up as scheduled for broadcast. On the team's webpage it says that WRPI does "select" women's games, and makes no mention of any video coverage.
          Typically if the men aren't broadcasting simultaneously, they'll cover the women's games. I haven't heard it on WRPI yet. At least the music is good on Friday night.

EDIT: DJ Scooter mentioned they're not covering it tonight. We'll see if RPITV is doing SD.
          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

2-0 Engineers after one. Freshmen leading the charge with Gruschow and Mari Mankey notching the two goals.

Team looked pretty fluid at first but there was a lot of stumbling and falling by both teams as the period wore on. Gruschow has some quick hands and wheels to match. She's out on a line with Smelker at the moment and I can see that being a dangerous combination.

Mankey's goal was a nice cash-in on a rebound. Piper is in net but hasn't been tested much as the shots are 14-2 RPI. Scary moment early in the period as a defensive lapse sprang UConn on a 2-on-0 but they shot it wide of the net.

Edit: As a reminder, we live tweet all home games and whatever we are able from away games, http://www.twitter.com/without_a_peer
            APBWiki

Comment

Who is the new assistant coach?

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                Who is the new assistant coach?
                They only announced Brent Hill at the game. Don't see a third coach behind the bench.
                APBWiki

Comment

An offer was made very recently to the final candidate. Ask Brent tonight.

Comment

tough tie for the women (4-4) as UCONN tied it with 35 seconds left. I'll bet Piper wish she had the 2nd & 4th goals back. The 2nd hit her stick blade & bounced up over her head where it either went in or the UCONN player that was standing there, tapped it in. On the 4th, the shot appeared to hit Piper in the left shoulder, bounced over her shoulder & as she made a diving attempt to get the puck.....it trickled over the goal line. You're right about Alexa Gruschow GR. She looks like she's going to be fun to watch....she sure was tonight.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Women won 5-3 over UConn today. I noted that Eleeza Cox wasn't in the line up. Any info?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Women won 5-3 over UConn today. I noted that Eleeza Cox wasn't in the line up. Any info?
                        "healthy scratch"

Comment

Originally posted by Stat Man View Post
                          "healthy scratch"
                          I've heard that those can be quite painful.

Comment

Alexa Gruschow named ECAC RotW.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any news on the Assistant Coach?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                Any news on the Assistant Coach?
                                The Poly printed a the roster and staff for both teams today, and Colette was still there, but I assume they're just out of the loop.
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X