RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

What's up with Cox being out of the line-up?

Comment

Academic probation.

Comment

• Originally posted by hkymom12 View Post
        Academic probation.
        Hopefully she gets back soon because she is a good player. But the fact that RPI puts players on academic probation is encouraging.

Comment

No posts in over a week? Allow me to fix this with an update on those projected standings I mentioned about a month ago. We've passed the halfway point of the ECAC schedule, so these are bound to be a little bit closer to what we will see at season's end. Here they are:

1. Harvard (41)
          2. Cornell (37)
          3. Clarkson (33)
          4. Quinnipiac (28)
          -----
          5. St. Lawrence (27)
          6. Dartmouth (25)
          7. RPI (16)
          8. Colgate (14)
          =====
          9. Princeton (13)
          10. Brown (11)
          11. Union (10)
          12. Yale (9)

(Rounding error: 0)

Not much has really changed in the last month in the projections. We jumped into 7th, but it's unlikely we'll get any higher. Princeton fell out of the playoffs in favor of Colgate. The moral of this story is beat Union, Brown, and Yale, and get into the playoffs.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            No posts in over a week? Allow me to fix this with an update on those projected standings I mentioned about a month ago. We've passed the halfway point of the ECAC schedule, so these are bound to be a little bit closer to what we will see at season's end. Here they are:

1. Harvard (41)
            2. Cornell (37)
            3. Clarkson (33)
            4. Quinnipiac (28)
            -----
            5. St. Lawrence (27)
            6. Dartmouth (25)
            7. RPI (16)
            8. Colgate (14)
            =====
            9. Princeton (13)
            10. Brown (11)
            11. Union (10)
            12. Yale (9)

(Rounding error: 0)

Not much has really changed in the last month in the projections. We jumped into 7th, but it's unlikely we'll get any higher. Princeton fell out of the playoffs in favor of Colgate. The moral of this story is beat Union, Brown, and Yale, and get into the playoffs.
            I think RPI will be a solid 7th, closer to Dartmouth and SLU than to the number 8 spot, with Colgate slipping in to #8. I agree that games against the bottom half teams are critical, it also helps to pick up points against the top 6. Colgate has 4 points against the top 6 teams and has the most remaining games against the bottom 6 (7) while RPI has 3 points against the top teams and 6 remaining games against the bottom half. Princeton, Brown and Yale have failed to pick up a point against the top 6 teams and have only 5 games left against the bottom 6. The big wildcard, though, is the incredibly inconsistent Colgate who have done well against good teams and terribly against the bottom ECAC teams (actually lost both games of a home weekend against Brown and Yale). Could finish anywhere from seventh to 12th. Would the real Raiders please stand up?

I base this on a different approach: ignore non-conference games, and assume that for the rest of the season each team has the same winning percentage against top 6 teams and against bottom 6 teams as they had in the season so far. Here are the raw results, before making my bet that the real Colgate is better than this:
            Harvard 44
            Cornell 37
            Clarkson 33
            Quinni 28
            Darty 23.4
            SLU 22.7
            RPI 19.5
            Prince. 12
            Brown 12
            Colgate 10.6* (I think they're better than this)
            Yale 10
            Union 9.5
            Not much difference in the order of finish but I show RPI finishing with a few more points than you do. Probably explained mostly by the fact that they have been dismal out of conference, which my approach ignores.
            Last edited by hab; 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
              The big wildcard, though, is the incredibly inconsistent Colgate who have done well against good teams and terribly against the bottom ECAC teams (actually lost both games of a home weekend against Brown and Yale). Could finish anywhere from seventh to 12th. Would the real Raiders please stand up?
              Part of the issue with Colgate is that their head coach is new and coming from D-III. So it took a while for him to get his team heading in the direction that he wanted. Also, the primary goaltender is a rookie, played versus Minnesota in her first college game and got lit up; that may have shaken her confidence, as she's had better results of late. Most of Colgate's bad results in conference came in the first couple of months.
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Part of the issue with Colgate is that their head coach is new and coming from D-III. So it took a while for him to get his team heading in the direction that he wanted. Also, the primary goaltender is a rookie, played versus Minnesota in her first college game and got lit up; that may have shaken her confidence, as she's had better results of late. Most of Colgate's bad results in conference came in the first couple of months.
                Very good points! Makes me more comfortable predicting they will make the playoffs.

Comment

The game right now is on WRPI. The PLAN is to bring you the game tomorrow as well.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    The game right now is on WRPI. The PLAN is to bring you the game tomorrow as well.
                    Very pleased with the announcers! Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeydad4two View Post
                      Very pleased with the announcers! Keep it up!
                      Much better than Union's video stream which didn't start until 3 minutes left in the first intermission, then switched to women's basketball right after the puck dropped for the second, shut back down once the basketball game ended, and finally started showing the game as the third period started.

Oddly enough, the Union video was using WRPI as its audio, except it sounded like it was being filtered through a 100-year-old radio transmitter that was also submerged under a couple feet of water.
                      APBWiki

Comment

We just turned down the audio on the video feed and listened to them on WRPI. Much better.

Comment

I look forward to seeing these fine ladies play in Hamilton on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I look forward to seeing these fine ladies play in Hamilton on Friday.
                            Should be an interesting game...the Engineers should win but Colgate is the most unpredictable team in the NCAA, so you never know. If you are goint to a game at Starr, however, you will not have a lot of company (as I remember it, the place is usually empty except for a few fans of the visiting team).

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                              Should be an interesting game...the Engineers should win but Colgate is the most unpredictable team in the NCAA, so you never know. If you are goint to a game at Starr, however, you will not have a lot of company (as I remember it, the place is usually empty except for a few fans of the visiting team).
                              Last two years we went there, there were quite a few fans. I'd say well over 500 each time. Now this was in the fall when the weather is nice and the hills around campus beautiful in full fall colors.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                                Last two years we went there, there were quite a few fans. I'd say well over 500 each time. Now this was in the fall when the weather is nice and the hills around campus beautiful in full fall colors.
                                Also, last year was their Autism Awareness game, so I'm sure the cause brought more.

Comment

Working...
                                X