RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2012-2013 Season Thread

From the recruits thread, it looks like we have our third commitment for next year: Laura Horwood of Durham West Lightning of the PWHL (also a member of Ontario Blue team that recently won the U18 Canadian championship). Laura is a forward, with 18 goals and 21 assists in 29 games this year (8 goals and 9 assists in 15 league games). http://durhamlightning.webplus.net/page19.html

This is probably the player that was referred to by Stat Man earlier on this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
      From the recruits thread, it looks like we have our third commitment for next year: Laura Horwood of Durham West Lightning of the PWHL (also a member of Ontario Blue team that recently won the U18 Canadian championship). Laura is a forward, with 18 goals and 21 assists in 29 games this year (8 goals and 9 assists in 15 league games). http://durhamlightning.webplus.net/page19.html

This is probably the player that was referred to by Stat Man earlier on this thread?
      Hopefully, he will now post to reveal whether it is, but it would be a coincidence if we were getting commitments from two players fitting that description.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Hopefully, he will now post to reveal whether it is, but it would be a coincidence if we were getting commitments from two players fitting that description.
        Yes this is the palyer I was talking about.

Comment

Will be looking to see what the Engineers can do tonight at Princeton to turn around the funk they have been in for the last 3 games. Although their win-loss record earlier was nothing to cheer about they looked good and lost a lot of one goal games, including a couple against strong teams. You can't say that about the last three games: outscored 12-1 and outshot 105-47 by a couple of teams that are good, but by no means powerhouses.

Comment

Congrats to the Engineers on an important 4-3 win at Princeton. I wasn't able to see the game, but based on Livestats it looks like it was a wild one. RPI outshot Princeton 27-16 but almost let it get away after taking a 3-0 lead into the third period. Kelly Cooke scored a natural hattrick for the Tigers including 2 shorthanded goals on the same penalty. This should be a big morale boost to the Engineers. With Colgate also upsetting Clarkson today the conference got a whole lot more interesting.

Comment

Congrats to the Engineers on an important 4-3 win at Princeton. I wasn't able to see the game, but based on Livestats it looks like it was a wild one. RPI outshot Princeton 27-16 but almost let it get away after taking a 3-0 lead into the third period. Kelly Cooke scored a natural hattrick for the Tigers including 2 shorthanded goals on the same penalty. This should be a big morale boost to the Engineers. With Colgate also upsetting Clarkson today the conference got a whole lot more interesting.
              The second shorty was awarded to another player. Would it be considered a natural hattrick since RPI scored a goal during that time?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                The second shorty was awarded to another player. Would it be considered a natural hattrick since RPI scored a goal during that time?
                I always thought a "natural" was when you scored 3 in a row without the other team scoring.

Comment

Yeah, you're both right RB and HD42, it wasn't even close to a natural hat trick . Livestats originally gave all three goals to Cooke, but I see that the box scores now show Cooke with only an assist on the second, and in any event the RPI goal between the second and third Tiger goals makes it all moot. Would be interested in hearing an account from anyone who saw the game as to what happened on that RPI power play in the third.

Big weekend coming up for the four bottom teams in the ECAC, all with 2 points and playing each other (Yale and Brown at Union and RPI). A four point weekend for any one of them will position them well for a run at the playoffs, and anyone who comes out empty handed will have dug a deep hole for themselves.

Comment

Anyone know of the status of Kristen Jakubowski? She was sidelined for much of last season and the early part of this season recovering from a concussion, came back Nov.9 and scored a goal against Princeton and then was injured in the next game against Quinnipiac and I don't think we have seen her in the lineup since. It would be great to see her back on the ice, but in any event we hope she is doing okay.

Comment

FOUR POINT WEEKEND!!!

This is big. We're going to have to scrap for points all season, so taking the four "easiest" we'll have all year is big. Hopefully we can steal some along the way to keep us in the playoff hunt.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Trivia time: I suspected that this combined 7-point weekend for the men's and women's Engineers teams was a rare event (during the 8-year Div 1 era for the women), so I went back and checked. They have had 3 other 7-point weekends and one 8-pointer. The last 7 point weekend was Jan 22-23, 2010, when the women beat Dartmouth and Harvard on the road while the men beat Dartmouth and tied Harvard at home. The only 8 point weekend was a non-conf weekend, Oct. 19-20, 2007 when the women beat Maine twice and the men beat Army and Sacred Heart. They followed up the following weekend with 7 points when the women tied Yale and beat Brown while the men beat Union and Colgate. The other 7-pointer was Oct 24-25, 2008 when the women beat Niagara twice and the men tied Union and beat RMU.

Comment

Trivia time: I suspected that this combined 7-point weekend for the men's and women's Engineers teams was a rare event (during the 8-year Div 1 era for the women), so I went back and checked. They have had 3 other 7-point weekends and one 8-pointer. The last 7 point weekend was Jan 22-23, 2010, when the women beat Dartmouth and Harvard on the road while the men beat Dartmouth and tied Harvard at home. The only 8 point weekend was a non-conf weekend, Oct. 19-20, 2007 when the women beat Maine twice and the men beat Army and Sacred Heart. They followed up the following weekend with 7 points when the women tied Yale and beat Brown while the men beat Union and Colgate. The other 7-pointer was Oct 24-25, 2008 when the women beat Niagara twice and the men tied Union and beat RMU.
                          Our Minnesota teams do not have any 8 point weekends this season either, but you sure can't put ANY of the blame for that on the women!
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Our Minnesota teams do not have any 8 point weekends this season either, but you sure can't put ANY of the blame for that on the women!
                            Not true. Oct. 12/13 and Nov. 23/24/25.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              Not true. Oct. 12/13 and Nov. 23/24/25.
                              I was referring to league points that count in the WCHA standings.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                I was referring to league points that count in the WCHA standings.
                                In that case, Minnesota had eight points a week ago (it helps that the women get 6 points for a sweep ).
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X