Franklin Pierce Women's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin Pierce Women's Hockey

A new day dawns in Rindge New Hampshire. Go Ravens! This makes 4 Division II women's hockey teams. This year they will play as independents. It is beleived they will join the ECAC East disvision in 2013-14.

Re: Franklin Pierce Women's Hockey

Originally posted by FPRaven Fan View Post
    A new day dawns in Rindge New Hampshire. Go Ravens! This makes 4 Division II women's hockey teams. This year they will play as independents. It is beleived they will join the ECAC East disvision in 2013-14.
    What are the other 3 Division 2 teams?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
      What are the other 3 Division 2 teams?
      Saint Michael's and Saint Anselm are Division II.

Holy Cross is Division I as is Sacred Heart.

Is it time for those four plus Franklin Pierce to form their own league?

The ECAC East cannot handle two more teams (UNE is also applying for admission). It already has 12 teams, 14 will not work.
      Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 05-18-2012, 11:05 AM.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Saint Michael's and Saint Anselm are Division II.

Holy Cross is Division I as is Sacred Heart.

Is it time for those four plus Franklin Pierce to form their own league?

The ECAC East cannot handle two more teams (UNE is also applying for admission). It already has 12 teams, 14 will not work.
        Why not? You could very easily make it work by having two 7 team divisions within the East. Play the 6 other teams on your side twice, and the 7 on the other side once for 19 games and then go get 6 OOC games.

Comment

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
          Why not? You could very easily make it work by having two 7 team divisions within the East. Play the 6 other teams on your side twice, and the 7 on the other side once for 19 games and then go get 6 OOC games.
          How do the divisions get split?

If you put 3 of the non-DIII teams in one division that's not fair to the other four teams in that division because they would have 7 games that don't count for NCAA's. Even if it's split it's still 6 games that don't count for every team.

It's time for the D-II's and D-I's to poop or get off the pot IMHO.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            It's time for the D-II's and D-I's to poop or get off the pot IMHO.
            Especially when you hear rumblings about Merrimack "fielding a team in the future..." If you look at the Northeast 10 schools you already have St. A's, St. Mikes and Franklin Pierce with teams. Merrimack investigating. Stonehill, Bentley, Assumption and/or AIC could easily field teams and create their own league.
            Last edited by futurestar; 05-18-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by futurestar View Post
              Especially when you hear rumblings about Merrimack "fielding a team in the future..." If you look at the Northeast 10 schools you already have St. A's, St. Mikes and Franklin Pierce with teams. Merrimack investigating. Stonehill, Bentley, Assumption and/or AIC could easily field teams and create their own league.
              I hadn't heard the Merrimack rumblings yet but I'm curious where they would fall in line as to whether they could be Division I like their male counterparts or they would compete Division II/III.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

I can guarantee you it will never happen at Stonehill or Bentley. I wouldnt be surprised if the NE-10 lost some of it's men's programs long before adding women's programs was ever in the discussion.

I don't know the answer to this but how many ECAC East teams are playing Franklin Pierce next year? You'd think geographically many of them might be on their schedule...and if so it doesn't really say much about those teams being concerned about taking on an extra game or two that won't count for NCAA purposes. Sounds like you're basing your thoughts based solely on what's best for Norwich and Manhattanville and maybe not for sport, athletes, or league as a whole. The ECAC West already blew it by not taking on Stevenson, IMO. Would be unfortunate if the East made the same mistake.

Comment

I can guarantee you it will never happen at Stonehill or Bentley. I wouldnt be surprised if the NE-10 lost some of it's men's programs long before adding women's programs was ever in the discussion.

I don't know the answer to this but how many ECAC East teams are playing Franklin Pierce next year? You'd think geographically many of them might be on their schedule...and if so it doesn't really say much about those teams being concerned about taking on an extra game or two that won't count for NCAA purposes. Sounds like you're basing your thoughts based solely on what's best for Norwich and Manhattanville and maybe not for sport, athletes, or league as a whole. The ECAC West already blew it by not taking on Stevenson, IMO. Would be unfortunate if the East made the same mistake.
                  Stevenson atleast is a Division III school. Franklin Pierce is not.

It's very unfortunate the ECAC West shot down Stevenson. They aren't going to go through the motions adding the sport. They are looking to become a legitimate program.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Since we are on the topic...just saw this up on the website tonight:

http://athletics.franklinpierce.edu/...1712Croussette

Comment

Since we are on the topic...just saw this up on the website tonight:

http://athletics.franklinpierce.edu/...1712Croussette
                      I always thought highly of Crousette as a player. Good luck to her as she makes the transition, and Franklin Pierce joins the women's hockey crowd.
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Sounds like you're basing your thoughts based solely on what's best for Norwich and Manhattanville and maybe not for sport, athletes, or league as a whole.
                        Well you might have a point there. The tough part of both Norwich and Manhattanville's schedule are the non-conference teams. There is no challenge playing two games against teams like Southern Maine or a start up that may or may not have recruited well.

Comment

Well you might have a point there. The tough part of both Norwich and Manhattanville's schedule are the non-conference teams. There is no challenge playing two games against teams like Southern Maine or a start up that may or may not have recruited well.
                          I don't think playing weaker teams hurts anyone. I think they are good as tune-up games and other girls get to see ice time. It's also good for the weaker team who gets to see what separates them from the elite teams. Norwich has the out of conference games to play tougher opponents.

Comment

Manhattanville was a bit off form last season (0-0 tie with Southern Maine and loss to Salve), but the problem for Norwich was not so much the tough non-conference contests, it was staying sharp and getting prepared for those games after playing (and walking all over) the day to day non competition in the ECAC-East (prior to their 2-0 loss to Amherst they played 4 games outscoring opponents 30-1 or the run before their 1-1 tie at Salve when they outscored 6 opponents 47-1).

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                              I always thought highly of Crousette as a player. Good luck to her as she makes the transition, and Franklin Pierce joins the women's hockey crowd.
                              Congrats and good luck to Crousette. I'm sure her passion as a player will translate over to coaching

Comment

Working...
                              X