No announcement yet.

UML Road trip to Denver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope all the wildfires are out before we get out to Denver.

Comment

Re: UML Road trip to Denver.

Apparently the school is trying to put together an alumni event out there. They'll let us know more as they find out.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Thanks for the advice folks, really appreciated. My trips to Denver (which I think I've made one every year for past 10, maybe missing one year in between) always wind up with me parked at the Falling Rock. Pretty much for the entire trip,each time, except when I head to the sporting event itself (UML @ Denver, Revs @ Colorado, Pats @ Broncos).
        Really? Hadn't noticed. I would actually strongly consider doing a long weekend in Denver, solely to go to the Falling Rock.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan0862 View Post
          I hope all the wildfires are out before we get out to Denver.
          Denver should be fine. CO Springs is in serious trouble.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Denver should be fine. CO Springs is in serious trouble.
            Thanks for that live, up-to-the-minute, on the scene update anchorman Hoven.
            sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
              Thanks for that live, up-to-the-minute, on the scene update anchorman Hoven.

I'm getting daily pics from friends who live there. From their drives home from work. It's friggin' scary. Some of them could be evac-ed this week.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I'm getting daily pics from friends who live there. From their drives home from work. It's friggin' scary. Some of them could be evac-ed this week.
                We have friends living throughout the Monument-C Spgs corridor. Dear friends of ours in Monument--14 miles north of downtown C Spgs--have received pre-evac orders. The entire state needs rain right NOW.
                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                  We have friends living throughout the Monument-C Spgs corridor. Dear friends of ours in Monument--14 miles north of downtown C Spgs--have received pre-evac orders. The entire state needs rain right NOW.
                  Very much so. This sh* just got REAL. It's not just wilderness anymore. It's cities.

Comment

Wishing the best for you guys out there, seen some pictures of what's going on ... wow.
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Has anyone heard what is going on with the wildfires. Havent seen much in the news lately. hopefully they are contained and will be out by the time we get out there. See you all in Oct.

Comment

Non-stop round trip flights from Boston to Denver are still around $230.00 for that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Non-stop round trip flights from Boston to Denver are still around $230.00 for that weekend.
                          That's dam cheap. From MN, they ran from 190-220 until this year (have gone 1-2 times a year since 2008 or so). Ended up paying around 260 in March for a trip. That was the price since about last December, from what scouted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyfan0862 View Post
                            Has anyone heard what is going on with the wildfires. Havent seen much in the news lately. hopefully they are contained and will be out by the time we get out there. See you all in Oct.
                            I wouldn't worry too much about it. By October, it should be fine.

Comment

I email Scott this week to find out any more info on the pregame get togethers. He told me they are still working on them and that they will have a meeting in August for those of us who are going and those who are interested in going. If I hear anything else I'll let you know.

Comment

Where is everyone staying. Is anyone else staying at the Fairfield Inn at Cherry Creek.

Comment

Working...
                                X