Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Road trip to Denver.

Originally posted by Hockeyfan0862 View Post
    I am staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Denver Cherry Creek. It is on S. Colorado, it is very close to the DU campus. I would guess about a mile away. If u r a AAA member it is only 99 a night.
    so much for my federal rate ($149) doing me any good... will see.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

only 19 weeks until the Denver trip. I cant wait.

Comment

18 weeks and counting to Denver. I am looking forward to this trip. there are so many thing to do in and around Denver. Cant wait to see everyone at the home opener. Go Riverhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
          Help me out here. I think i have heard of this Ft. Collins thing. Is it the little suburb jammed between Bellvue, Timnath, and New Belgium?
          New Belgium is where they make the beer, right? Fat Tire and a bunch of others? That right there would be worth the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            New Belgium is where they make the beer, right? Fat Tire and a bunch of others? That right there would be worth the trip.
            There's actually quite a few good breweries out in that area.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

If you're coming here, you MUST eat at Casa Bonita
              I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                If you're coming here, you MUST eat at Casa Bonita
                This. So much this.

And New Belgium is brewed in Fort Collins. Fun tour and you not only learn a lot about the process, you learn a ton about the company/how the workplace is (our guide mentioned that they play boot hockey in the parking lot sometimes during lunch ). Don't bother with the Coors tour.

And yes, there are a LOT of breweries in CO.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And if you really want to tour a big brewery where they make gross beer, then while in Fort Collins to check out New Belgium, or any of the several pretty solid breweries in the area, you can always hit up the Budweiser brewery.

My take on food in Denver is that there is a lot of good food, but very few places that are "typical" or that you "have to" go to. Casa Bonita is pretty fun, especially if you have kids, or if you don't and want to get plastered while playing skee-ball, but know that the only good food there (in my experience) is the sopapillas. You don't go there for the food, you go for the experience.

There's a place right on campus where you can get pretty respectable middle eastern food (Jerusalem), if for whatever reason you're specifically a fan of Chipotle, you can go to the first one, which is also right on campus. And which is almost ridiculously small, and featured in a photo in (I think) every Chipotle store (every one I've ever been in, anyway).

My recommendation would be to get here, find some interesting looking places, and check them out. You might find gold.

Comment

Thanks for the advice folks, really appreciated. My trips to Denver (which I think I've made one every year for past 10, maybe missing one year in between) always wind up with me parked at the Falling Rock. Pretty much for the entire trip,each time, except when I head to the sporting event itself (UML @ Denver, Revs @ Colorado, Pats @ Broncos).
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                      And if you really want to tour a big brewery where they make gross beer, then while in Fort Collins to check out New Belgium, or any of the several pretty solid breweries in the area, you can always hit up the Budweiser brewery.

My take on food in Denver is that there is a lot of good food, but very few places that are "typical" or that you "have to" go to. Casa Bonita is pretty fun, especially if you have kids, or if you don't and want to get plastered while playing skee-ball, but know that the only good food there (in my experience) is the sopapillas. You don't go there for the food, you go for the experience.

There's a place right on campus where you can get pretty respectable middle eastern food (Jerusalem), if for whatever reason you're specifically a fan of Chipotle, you can go to the first one, which is also right on campus. And which is almost ridiculously small, and featured in a photo in (I think) every Chipotle store (every one I've ever been in, anyway).

My recommendation would be to get here, find some interesting looking places, and check them out. You might find gold.
                      *****http://i.imgur.com/1dSq8.jpg******

Casa Bonita is my favorite place in the whole world, I'll just die if you don't take me.
                      Originally posted by vizoroo
                      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                      Originally posted by duper
                      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                      Originally posted by dggoddard
                      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Hey Monty, I know there's still time left, but I was wondering what your plans were in regards to flight/hotel. E-mail me at some point. I like to get this set up by mid-July at the latest.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Before DU faces UML, around here right now, all eyes are on the collision course they're on for a one night stand with the UBC Thunderbirds. It will be
                          Denver's one and only only contest with another hockey team (albeit pre-season) before we kick off the regular season with y'all as our guests.
                          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                            *****http://i.imgur.com/1dSq8.jpg******

Casa Bonita is my favorite place in the whole world, I'll just die if you don't take me.
                            And that discount store next to Bonita in South Park really does exist.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hi Patman, I am staying at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Denver Cherry Creek. I am only paying 99 a night with triple A membership. It is about a mile or so for the DU campus. The address is 1680 S. Colorado Blvd. 303-691-2223.

Comment

Hi Lowell Fans, only 17 more weeks until we hit Denver by storm. Cant wait, see you all there. Go Riverhawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X