Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    For RFAlph: BML = Blue Mountain Lake.
    That didn't even make it here http://www.acronymfinder.com/BML.html.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I remember that blizzard. I think I still have a weather short on it from Gib Brown (weekend meteorologist on WPTZ).
      I remember that blizzard too; it was so bad they delayed the Clarkson/SLU playoff game for a day
      Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
      Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        All it has is the western terminus of NY 28N, and one of the last times (at least on the northern end) you see east/west NY 28.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          What can you expect from a town with a population of 154? It is the geographic center of the Adirondack park. Just a lovely little town in the middle of nowhere. And if you don't have AWD, don't even try to get around there in the winter. The hill heading north out of town towards Long Lake has claimed a slew of drivers who were not prepared.
          Last edited by DrDemento; 08-01-2012, 05:34 PM.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            What can you expect from a town with a population of 154? It is the geographic center of the Adirondack park. Just a lovely little town in the middle of nowhere. And if you don't have AWD, don't even try to get around there in the winter. The hill heading north out of town towards Long Lake has claimed a slew of drivers who were not prepared.
            AWD won't help, as you can't use that on anything but pavement. You need 4WD.

Comment

I can make a case for either up there but we have gone off the road in 4WD in the past in a Jeep and a Suburban. Have had much better luck (and traction) in AWD with the Audi system. The roads are plowed quickly (routes 30 and 28) and usually in passable shape in a few hours-unlike down here in NJ where just a few inches and the entire area is shut down for days. Even during that monster storm of March 1993 we were able to at least get out of BML within about 6 hours-arriving at RPI only to find the hills of Troy unplowed and impossible to go around all the stranded cars. IIRC we lost to Colgate that first night-then had a game cancelled due to the storm (Troy got 28 inches+) and then won the next two.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It's snowing on both RPI threads... on August 1st. Am looking into going to the golf outing for dinner.
                Here we come!

Comment

Today is 2 August 2012. There are 65 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I can make a case for either up there but we have gone off the road in 4WD in the past in a Jeep and a Suburban. Have had much better luck (and traction) in AWD with the Audi system. The roads are plowed quickly (routes 30 and 28) and usually in passable shape in a few hours-unlike down here in NJ where just a few inches and the entire area is shut down for days. Even during that monster storm of March 1993 we were able to at least get out of BML within about 6 hours-arriving at RPI only to find the hills of Troy unplowed and impossible to go around all the stranded cars. IIRC we lost to Colgate that first night-then had a game cancelled due to the storm (Troy got 28 inches+) and then won the next two.
                    I stopped going that way not only because it takes an hour and a half longer, but Essex County 2 is in horrible shape between Newcomb and I-87 the last time I went that way (I think 2002). I've been taking NY 8 lately.

Comment

Ummmm. No
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
                        Am looking into going to the golf outing for dinner.
                        Left message for you with church secretary. Call me when you get a chance, left my number. trying to get my table together, would love to have you with us.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Left message for you with church secretary. Call me when you get a chance, left my number. trying to get my table together, would love to have you with us.
                          hope I'm at that table
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            Because I hate to assume anyuthing, will your foursome be at your table?
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

To be more accurate it would have to be ochsen. Jenny surprised me with something German. Technologically so far advanced it took me 45 minutes to figure out how to unlock and lock the doors.
                              So how's the Trabant?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                Because I hate to assume anyuthing, will your foursome be at your table?
                                Yes. Talked to Father Joe and he will be there with us as well as #1 RPI fan Turk.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X