Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    So I was riding my bike today wearing my RPI cycling jersey. Someone sees it and asks if I went to RPI. i answered, yes, a long time ago. He said, Mark Messier went there. I said, no, did you mean Adam Oates? He said, no I didn't mean him. i said, perhaps you meant Joe Juneau. He said, never heard of him. I shut up.

According to Wikipedia, Mark Messier was a teammate of Paul Stewart for the Cincinnati Stingers of the WHA...and that's the only connection I can see with RPI. Unless you count this Union-Qpac game where one of the referees was Mark Messier...

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      At the point he said Mark Messier went there, I would have been like yeah and so did Wayne Gretzky...
      After riding for many hours, I don't think of the snappy comebacks.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Fair enough. But next time someone asks you if you went to RPI, just respond with "not now chief im in the zone" and keep riding.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

He probably meant Mark Messier the chemical engineer.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Here in south Jersey Jenny and I have a slightly different problem. We have big 'R' stickers in the windows of most of our cars. Everyone here of course thinks we are supporters of Rutgers and either waves or toots the horn at us. They have no clue of course what Rensselaer is and I doubt most of them could spell it.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post

Mark Messier was a teammate of Paul Stewart for the Cincinnati Stingers of the WHA[/URL]...
              I'm sure Mess doesn't mention this to many people. Have I mentioned I'm not a big fan of the Dir. of Officiating.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                He probably meant Mark Messier the chemical engineer.
                Wow, all those cups in Edmonton and the one with NYR and he still had time to get his degree in Chemical Engineering.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Today is 23 July 2012. There are 75 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Im ready now!QUOTE=Ralph Baer;5475621]Today is 23 July 2012. There are 75 days until RPI's next game.

[/QUOTE]
                    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

FWIW, Nick Bailen is InCH's featured RPI player this year. http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../23/az_bailen/
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 24 July 2012. There are 74 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So I was riding my bike today wearing my RPI cycling jersey. Someone sees it and asks if I went to RPI. i answered, yes, a long time ago. He said, Mark Messier went there. I said, no, did you mean Adam Oates? He said, no I didn't mean him. i said, perhaps you meant Joe Juneau. He said, never heard of him. I shut up.
                          Aww what the heck, let's put "Mess" in the Ring of Honor....
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hmmm... Oates 'no, I didn't mean him' and Juneau 'never heard of him'. Wow, he's neither a casual NHL fan nor a casual Washington Caps fan! But somehow he connected RPI with hockey though he couldn't recognize the names of two of our greatest ever, even as each did some time with the Caps.
                            Here we come!

Comment

Today is 25 July 2012. There are 73 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just want to make the pitch for golf tourney again. Every year it is an awesome time. Doesn't matter if your a good golfer like me or you're a hacker like tb.. it is well worth it. SA is a great host and the raffle that our great equipment manager and our great dir. of hockey ops puts together is awesome. Here is the brouchure.

http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...rm.pdf?id=1283

Comment

Working...
                                X