Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012 Part II: (Insert Title Here)

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Congrats to Tyler Helfrich who has resigned with the Bakersfield Condors, following a great season where he led the team in scoring. Also, Eric Burgoderfer has been given a qualifying offer to remain with B'field.
    I assume that you meant re-signed, not resigned.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Wow... and I thought I was on the alumni thread for a second.
      Since you're manning that fort, I'll post this about PK going to Muskegon http://blog.insidemuskegonlumberjack...this-week.html. (scroll down a bit)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, for the second time in recorded history my picture got on the internet. http://twitter.com/EmptyMaybe/status.../photo/1/large Interestingly, the other time was at the same location at the USCHO posters game at the DC Frozen Four.

Serves me right for getting there early. The place filled up after a while. That's me seated at the bottom looking in the dierction where I expected to see Koudys Sr.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-13-2012, 02:56 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There's a short piece on Ryan Haggerty in our local paper today. It's part of a larger article that talks about several local players. For some reason the beginning of the Haggerty section is missing from their website but it begins:

Still Learning:The hockey education of Ryan Haggerty continues.

The former Trinity Catholic High School standout has made his own hockey path with his ultimate end point the NHL.

After three years in Stamford with the Crusaders.....

see the rest at http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article...er-3703305.php

Comment

Today is 14 July 2012. There are 84 days (12 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              To the best of my knowledge, for the second time in recorded history my picture got on the internet. http://twitter.com/EmptyMaybe/status.../photo/1/large Interestingly, the other time was at the same location at the USCHO posters game at the DC Frozen Four.

Serves me right for getting there early. The place filled up after a while. That's me seated at the bottom looking in the dierction where I expected to see Koudys Sr.
              that white beard of yours is coming in rather well
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                There's a short piece on Ryan Haggerty in our local paper today. It's part of a larger article that talks about several local players. For some reason the beginning of the Haggerty section is missing from their website but it begins:

Still Learning:The hockey education of Ryan Haggerty continues.

The former Trinity Catholic High School standout has made his own hockey path with his ultimate end point the NHL.

After three years in Stamford with the Crusaders.....

see the rest at http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article...er-3703305.php
                in reading the article I see he participated in the Big Assist IV....he was in quite good company http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=45562
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  that white beard of yours is coming in rather well
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 15 July 2012. There are 83 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I don't think that Koudys Sr. was there. Of course with my legendary ability to connect names and people (just ask GLM), I might have walked right by him. (There were about 1000 people there, so I could have missed him, but I know where he was watching last year.) I did see Adam oates behind one of the benches.

BTW, the power outage was cancelled.
                      From Brian McNally, Caps beat reporter:

Real nice crowd here at Kettler Iceplex. Not sure I've ever seen a standing "O" at development camp before. But Adam Oates just got one.

Comment

Today is 16 July 2012. There are 82 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I know several current and former Pep Band members are regulars here.....not sure if this information would be of any use, or not.....

There's a syndicated radio program called "Classics for Children" and last week's program was about the bands for the various branches of our Armed Forces....John Philip Sousa founded and directed the first US military band, the Marine Corp band, for example, after which the host described the other bands and each branch's "theme song" if you will.

Anyway, she mentioned at the close of her show that people who want to join a band for a branch of the service audition for the band first, after which a decision is made on their application to join that branch of the service.

FYI if it fits for anyone's extended group of friends and contacts....
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

is he Paul Stewart going to be Director of Officiating for 2 leagues......or is he leaving the ECAC. He's been hired to run the AJHL (officials) but reading the article it states, "he ALSO runs the ECAC" http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...nior+Hockey%29

Comment

is he Paul Stewart going to be Director of Officiating for 2 leagues......or is he leaving the ECAC. He's been hired to run the AJHL (officials) but reading the article it states, "he ALSO runs the ECAC" http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...nior+Hockey%29
                              Perfect. Things are running so well in the ECAC, he has time for a second gig. You can't make this **** up.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

So he's going to commute between Albany and Alberta?

Comment

Working...
                                X