It's Awesome.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Awesome.....

......to have a local NHL team to cheer for. I would HATE to be one of the guys who just follows ex-players of my college team in the NHL.

Anyone else think that's a bit creepy?

Re: It's Awesome.....

It isn't any more creepy than your obsession over all things Minnesota.

Each to his own, no?

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
      It isn't any more creepy than your obsession over all things Minnesota.

Each to his own, no?
      Civic pride is much different than obsessing over athletes in my opinion.

Comment

We have an NHL team? I thought they left halfway through December last year...
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          Civic pride is much different than obsessing over athletes in my opinion.
          If you say so.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            We have an NHL team? I thought they left halfway through December last year...
            They aren't much, but they are a wonderful alternative to slobbering over Okposo, Vanek, etc.... or making up stupid phrases like #NHLUniversity

More like #StalkerUniversity

Comment

You have to at least give him props for not posting this in the North Dakota thread. I don't have an obsession, but i'm proud of players who went through UND's system and are in the NHL. May they have continued success.
              "My greatest achievement."
              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                You have to at least give him props for not posting this in the North Dakota thread. I don't have an obsession, but i'm proud of players who went through UND's system and are in the NHL. May they have continued success.
                To be honest, this wasn't directed towards UND fans as much as it was towards another fanbase. There is a certain fanbase that has an extraordinary ex-player fetish. I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                  To be honest, this wasn't directed towards UND fans as much as it was towards another fanbase. There is a certain fanbase that has an extraordinary ex-player fetish. I just don't get it.
                  I see. Well I'll let you continue.
                  "My greatest achievement."
                  Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 05-04-2012, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Agreed. Sacred Heart fans are terrible. No one cares that you have one player each year who makes it to the CHL, stop obsessing over it.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I don't read these types of threads that much, but from what I've seen of JDUBBS, I can't imagine he's a day older than 15. Grow up!

Comment

The only way to stop that type of behavior is to create and enforce a strict code of conduct for college hockey fans, not just at games but at home, on line, and in bar rooms. Of course there will have to be special exceptions written in for MN fans.

Comment

While obsessing over how ex-players do in the pros is probably unhealthy, following ex-players in the pros is no different than say...obsessing over how ex-players from a certain state helped win a gold medal 30+ years ago.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              While obsessing over how ex-players do in the pros is probably unhealthy, following ex-players in the pros is no different than say...obsessing over how ex-players from a certain state helped win a gold medal 30+ years ago.
                              those role players who helped the BU4 should have a lot of pride for that they helped accomplish
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X