Boston College Recruiting - 2012 and 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston College Recruiting - 2012 and 2013

The BC recruits for 2012 and 2013 are looking good. The defense is the 2012 class will have a big impact. 2013 is shaping up to be a great class for the forward ranks. Just so much to work with. How will they deal with the numbers? Will Hays, Arnold, Gaudreau go pro by 2013?

Doherty, Teddy D 5-11 175 4/94
    Jeke, Travis D 5-10 185 6/93
    Matheson, Mike D 6-2 175 2/94
    McMullen, Peter C 6-2 205 2/93
    Piazza, Sam D 6-0 180 1/94
    Silk, Brendan RW 6-2 188 1/94
    Vatrano, Frankie C 5-10 216 3/94

Calnan, Chris RW 6-2 188 5/94
    Cangelosi, Austin C 5-8 165 8/94
    Fitzgerald, Ryan F 6-2 176 10/94
    Gaudreau, Matt C 5-7 130 12/94
    Gilmour, Adam RW 6-2 193 1/94
    McGlynn, Conor LW 6-2 195 6/95
    Richardson, Evan C 5-8 170 5/94
    Santini, Steve D 6-2 205 3/95
    Savage, Scott D 6-0 160 4/95

Re: Boston College Recruiting - 2012 and 2013

Evan richardson is coming in 2012. Not sure about Silk.

Comment

I believe that Sam Piazza has been pushed back to 2013 due to missing most of this past season with a bad concussion. With Silk now projecting to be more of a grinder type, I think it was important to get Richardson in this year as we're going to need some scoring depth after losing Almeida, Carey and Kreider up front. Richardson and Vatrano should both be able to contribute from the get go; as will Michael Matheson on D. Something has definitely got to give at the forward position for 2013 as there are just going to be too many bodies as things stand now.

Comment

What about Cangelosi? He's another kid who could help fill that gap. Is he still in high school? The other 2013's all have another year before they graduate. I did see McGlynn at the Mass Festival last weekend. He's from Canada but somehow ends up here via Hingham. Was probably the best forward in the 95 group. Very smart player with great size.

Comment

I believe Cangelosi finished his Sophmore year at NMH before moving to the USHL this past season, so that would make him a Junior right now. He and Richardson had similar point production this year (Cangelosi had a lot more goals, Richardson more assists) and with the BCHL being a much higher scoring league and not considered as competitive as the USHL, one would have to think that Cangelosi would make the bigger impact next year. The fact that he's not coming until 2013 tells me that they probably couldn't get him accelerated.

Comment

Supposedly, Colin Sullivan is coming in as a defenseman.

I'm not sold on Richardson coming in and tearing it up right away. He's in a similar situation as Destry Straight was this past year-- coming in a year early than expected. Straight was slow out of the gate, but really improved as the year went on (put up about 10 points). Of course, Richardson might be better suited to come in and contribute on the score sheet, due to his stature (smaller, quicker, faster than Straight).

Comment

good to see a BC recruiting thread, nice goin

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                I'm not sold on Richardson coming in and tearing it up right away. He's in a similar situation as Destry Straight was this past year-- coming in a year early than expected. Straight was slow out of the gate, but really improved as the year went on (put up about 10 points). Of course, Richardson might be better suited to come in and contribute on the score sheet, due to his stature (smaller, quicker, faster than Straight).
                You may be right on that one, but as you pointed out, the smaller guys do tend to adjust more quickly. Speaking of Straight, I really think he could make a VERY big jump this year in his scoring as he was a totally different player by the time the NCAA's rolled around.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                  Supposedly, Colin Sullivan is coming in as a defenseman.
                  Several people have mentioned that but it's strange that it hasn't been "officially" noted in places like USHR or on Heisenberg's site?

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonfan999 View Post
                    I did see McGlynn at the Mass Festival last weekend. He's from Canada but somehow ends up here via Hingham. Was probably the best forward in the 95 group. Very smart player with great size.
                    I believe he was born in MA. Didn't put up great numbers this year in the OJHL, but was young and is probably still growing into his body.

Comment

I looked up McGlynn. An interview posted by a TV show mention that his Jr team leans on "vets" but did say he is a very good prospect. He's 16 so there is plenty of time for him to develop. He also played in the USHL for Sioux City. Posted 2 points in five games. One game winner and got second star of the game. Not bad for a guy filling in for a few games. No mention if he will play in the USHL or OJHL next season.

Comment

I looked up McGlynn. An interview posted by a TV show mention that his Jr team leans on "vets" but did say he is a very good prospect. He's 16 so there is plenty of time for him to develop. He also played in the USHL for Sioux City. Posted 2 points in five games. One game winner and got second star of the game. Not bad for a guy filling in for a few games. No mention if he will play in the USHL or OJHL next season.

Comment

With him being a 95 and with the logjam at forward in 2013, he may be someone they push back to 2014? Seems like the bigger guys (Boyle, the Hayes brothers, Straight, etc) often take more time to develop, so maybe not a bad idea to bring him in as a 19 year old.

Comment

I agree. No rush to bring him in unless he puts up big point next season. Its going to come down to money. Having roster spots in one thing. Having the necessary room in the scolly budget is another. We may also see some de-comits coming. These kids are going to want to play and have other options if limited ice is in their future.

Maybe to much of a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonfan999 View Post
                              I agree. No rush to bring him in unless he puts up big point next season. Its going to come down to money. Having roster spots in one thing. Having the necessary room in the scolly budget is another. We may also see some de-comits coming. These kids are going to want to play and have other options if limited ice is in their future.

Maybe to much of a good thing?
                              I, too, was thinking about possible decommitments.

I also have to think a lot of these kids aren't receiving full scholarships. There are just too many of them. Plus, BC is so hot right now, I'm not sure they have to offer full rides. If offered a 3 for 4 from BC and a full ride from another Hockey East school, I would have to like BC's chances (at this point in time).

Comment

Working...
                              X