Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Recruiting - 2012 and 2013

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Can anyone say with 100% certainty yet whether Evan Richardson is coming in this fall or is it still up in the air? Thanks!
    he is coming this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
      Who?
      Maybe Who now,but you'll remember the name.

Comment

Guys anyone hear anything about the 3rd Whitney (Tyler) joining BC in 2013? He is not the player his brothers were/are but I am hearing from a local source that he was offered. I would be surprised because he a D3 type talent and have seen no talk about it here.

Comment

Kerfoot to Harvard per USHR

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            Guys anyone hear anything about the 3rd Whitney (Tyler) joining BC in 2013? He is not the player his brothers were/are but I am hearing from a local source that he was offered. I would be surprised because he a D3 type talent and have seen no talk about it here.
            They certainly haven't been shy about adding brothers, even if it's an Adam Reasoner, Joe Adams, etc. Wouldn't surprise me even if he's just a walk-on.

As for Kerfoot, bigger get for Harvard than it is a bigger loss for BC. Can't win every recruiting battle especially when an Ivy is involved.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              They certainly haven't been shy about adding brothers, even if it's an Adam Reasoner, Joe Adams, etc. Wouldn't surprise me even if he's just a walk-on.

As for Kerfoot, bigger get for Harvard than it is a bigger loss for BC. Can't win every recruiting battle especially when an Ivy is involved.
              Do the less talented brothers generally get full or partial schloarships or just walk-ons? I dont see Tyler taking a walk-on for financial reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                Do the less talented brothers generally get full or partial schloarships or just walk-ons? I dont see Tyler taking a walk-on for financial reasons.
                I don't believe the lesser talented brothers like the ones I mentioned got full rides. As for if they got a partial scholarship...that I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  Kerfoot to Harvard per USHR
                  I guess BC will only be bringing in 12 forwards next year, as oppose to the 13 they would have had with Kerfoot. All kidding aside, it seems a little excessive for the Fall of 2013 and not enough for 2012, especially given the losses of Kreider, Carey and Almeida.

Comment

Looking at Heisenberg's site:

McMullen
                    Silk
                    Vatrano

They lost the three guys you mentioned and Tommy Atkinson. He didn't play in a single game as a freshman but I'm assuming he's moved on.

Comment

Looking at Heisenberg's site:

McMullen
                      Silk
                      Vatrano

They lost the three guys you mentioned and Tommy Atkinson. He didn't play in a single game as a freshman but I'm assuming he's moved on.
                      I meant in terms of production, not bodies. I, for one, am not expecting anything from Silk or McMullen. I do expected Vatrano to log a lot of minutes, especially on the power play.

Comment

The perils of getting early commitments. I'm not expecting anything from Silk either. At this point, I'd take him developing as a four year player into a Matt Lombardi type. Vatrano should be able to contribute right away and find a role in the top nine.

Comment

The perils of getting early commitments. I'm not expecting anything from Silk either. At this point, I'd take him developing as a four year player into a Matt Lombardi type. Vatrano should be able to contribute right away and find a role in the top nine.
                          Ironically, the exact type of player the 2010-11 team was missing.

Agreed on Vatrano. Will be interesting to see who York pairs him with early on as he's not the prototypical BC forward (5'10 220)

Comment

I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised with Silk. Most of my people at Egganus last year said he stood out more than Vatrano did when the US team visited; mostly banging bodies and causing havoc. I don't think we should pencil him in for a Hobey Baker nomination but this guy could be a very valuable player for BC.

When you add in another class like this on top of last year's class, which was a bridge class for a long time before adding Gaudreau (and to a lesser extent Linell), these guys will be experienced as BC throws in some absolutely disgusting classes on paper over the next 2-3 years on top of them. Typically BC has done very well when the lesser classes are upperclassmen and the huge recruiting classes come in and round into form as freshmen late in the season.

Basically I'm not expecting a national title this year but I wasn't last year either and BC seems to have just as good of a chance as many other programs except for a few. Milner will be key to the early season. Hayes/Mullane/Gaudreau will be the key to the end of the season.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Let's face it, this team can't compete with Minnesota

Comment

Let's face it, this team can't compete with Minnesota
                                Won't even make the tourney!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X