• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Recruiting - 2012 and 2013

Must mean he's coming to BC this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      With all the talent BC has lined up, I have a hard time seeing where a guy like McMullen, who put up pretty weak numbers in the BCHL, gets much playing time. I feel bad for Brendan Silk as I really think that Achilles injury stunted his development, both mentally and physically, but unless he improves quite a bit, he's also probably looking at lower line duty and/or some time in the stands. So I wouldn't be surprised to see either one de-commit.
      McMullen is a legacy and a role player. I think he comes to BC and sticks even if he sees limited time on the ice. BC has always had some back of the roster fillers and he fits the bill. He's a checking line guy that fits well with the rest of the roster.

Comment

Sounds like the situation with Sam Piazza has gotten complicated:
        https://twitter.com/SamPiaz
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
          Sounds like the situation with Sam Piazza has gotten complicated:
          https://twitter.com/SamPiaz
          Hmmm, I wonder what the kick in the teeth reference is to? Hopefully not another concussion.....

Seems like once you get that first real bad one, you're pretty much damaged goods for life (see Crosby, Horton, Savard, etc)
          Last edited by carltonbarrett; 06-20-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder what the kick in the teeth reference is to? Hopefully not another concussion.....
            I can't say for sure what it's in reference to, but Piazza got cut at Sioux City camp last weekend.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              I can't say for sure what it's in reference to, but Piazza got cut at Sioux City camp last weekend.
              WOW, hard to imagine he's ready for BC if he can't make a USHL roster!

Comment

WOW, hard to imagine he's ready for BC if he can't make a USHL roster!

I guess I should say he won't be with Sioux City next year. Probably more to the situation than meets the eye with a player that talented.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Very surprised Franki Vatrano was not drafted, who just a couple years back was being discussed as a possible 1st rd pick. Didn't tear it up for the NTDP this past year, but still had real solid numbers and was something like 4th or 5th in team scoring; plus I think he had an excellent plus/minus. He's not tall but at 5'10", 215 lbs I don't see him getting pushed around much. Also a good kid who isn't injury prone. Biggest knock I heard was average skating but also has a cannon for a shot. Final CSB ranking something like 88th, so again something doesn't add up to me?

Comment

Very surprised Franki Vatrano was not drafted, who just a couple years back was being discussed as a possible 1st rd pick. Didn't tear it up for the NTDP this past year, but still had real solid numbers and was something like 4th or 5th in team scoring; plus I think he had an excellent plus/minus. He's not tall but at 5'10", 215 lbs I don't see him getting pushed around much. Also a good kid who isn't injury prone. Biggest knock I heard was average skating but also has a cannon for a shot. Final CSB ranking something like 88th, so again something doesn't add up to me?
                    Was he even invited to the combine? He's got strange measurables if you look at it from an NHL scout perspective. Some guys can just play... we'll see, but I bet he is one of those types of guys.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Was he even invited to the combine? He's got strange measurables if you look at it from an NHL scout perspective. Some guys can just play... we'll see, but I bet he is one of those types of guys.
                      Great shot but not a great skater. We'll see how he fits in with the speed of the BC forwards. I could see him on a line with hayes and straight.

Comment

Still, he's competed against the best players in his age group in the world on several occassions and never looked out of place, so again am just surprised that if he's strong in all other aspects of his game, why nobody would risk a late rd pick on him. I've seen guys drafted that didn't have 10 percent of Vatrano's talent. BTW, I'm not a relative, just somewhat baffled....

Comment

It seemed like teams really went after dmen this year and I think a guy has to have good size or speed to get drafted. Maine's Will Merchant didn't get drafted either if it makes you feel any better.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Maine's Will Merchant didn't get drafted either if it makes you feel any better.
                            Who?
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Larry's grandson?

Comment

Can anyone say with 100% certainty yet whether Evan Richardson is coming in this fall or is it still up in the air? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X