Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MN Hockey - "We're So SPECIAL!"

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    But news flash for you, SCSU and Bemidji just finished ahead of you in the standings, and I challenge you to find the last time the Gophers finished 10th in the conference. So, it's my OPINION that we're to good to play you.
    The Gophers finished 10th in 1971-1972, which was dead last in the league. Minnesota has finished dead last twice (the other time being 1966-1967). Wisconsin has never finished dead last, although they did tie with 3 other squads (including Denver and North Dakota) for 7th in a 10 team league (and technically the bottom of the league) in 1975-1976.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
      That's not my opinion, but you seem to only read what you want anyway.

You can have what ever opinions you want, expressing them in a trolling and inflammatory way is unnecessary and in violation of the general board rules.

Please stop trolling in the UW recruiting and general threads and express your opinions elsewhere.
      So, because my opinions differ from yours, I'm trolling? Got it

I'm sorry, but I was responding to something I read in the thread, so it was on topic. And I didn't personally attack anyone. I don't have a problem with you or anyone else here. I just expressed my opinions on the topic. And you didn't like my opinions.

That's not trolling. But here is a novel concept. If you want People to stop discussing it, then drop it. Don't start threads like this that keep the topic alive.

Comment

My goal is not and has never been to upset you or anyone else Almington.

Comment

So, because my opinions differ from yours, I'm trolling? Got it

I'm sorry, but I was responding to something I read in the thread, so it was on topic. And I didn't personally attack anyone. I don't have a problem with you or anyone else here. I just expressed my opinions on the topic. And you didn't like my opinions.

That's not trolling. But here is a novel concept. If you want People to stop discussing it, then drop it. Don't start threads like this that keep the topic alive.
          I don't care THAT it is discussed, it is WHERE it is discussed. The ONLY thing I want is for the woofing and blathering about the history, tradition, and any supposed superiority of the Minnesota Gopher program kept out of the UW recruiting and general threads. Feel free to start a "Gopher Hockey is Superior to all other Programs" thread and argue and debate with those who want to argue and debate and leave the rest of us bystanders out of it. I don't ask this because I believe that your opinion is wrong or that you shouldn't be allowed to express it but because once a flame war starts any reasonable discussion stops and everyone has to sift through pages of worthless nonsense to find actual information. Every fan base has lost quality posters who simply became fed up with the nonsense and stopped posting and the boards are worse for that loss.

Comment

Almington - Please save it. The comments were made in a condesending way. If you don't think SCSU and Bemidji are the "best programs" to play moving forward, that's fine. That's your OPINION and you're entitled to it.
            It wasn't his opinion. In fact, I believe that he was in support of playing our old conference mates.

I am the one who said that I'd rather pull off my own balls than sit through another game against Mankato or BSU.

Glad that's cleared up.

Comment

I don't care THAT it is discussed, it is WHERE it is discussed. The ONLY thing I want is for the woofing and blathering about the history, tradition, and any supposed superiority of the Minnesota Gopher program kept out of the UW recruiting and general threads. Feel free to start a "Gopher Hockey is Superior to all other Programs" thread and argue and debate with those who want to argue and debate and leave the rest of us bystanders out of it. I don't ask this because I believe that your opinion is wrong or that you shouldn't be allowed to express it but because once a flame war starts any reasonable discussion stops and everyone has to sift through pages of worthless nonsense to find actual information. Every fan base has lost quality posters who simply became fed up with the nonsense and stopped posting and the boards are worse for that loss.
              I understand. I will do my best. My intention was never to start a flame war. I read some comments I didn't like, and responded. The result was all this. Perhaps in the future I will post remarks I anticipate to be "controversial" in a seperate thread. Would that be better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                It wasn't his opinion. In fact, I believe that he was in support of playing our old conference mates.

I am the one who said that I'd rather pull off my own balls than sit through another game against Mankato or BSU.

Glad that's cleared up.
                Thank you for clearing that up.

Comment

I understand. I will do my best. My intention was never to start a flame war. I read some comments I didn't like, and responded. The result was all this. Perhaps in the future I will post remarks I anticipate to be "controversial" in a seperate thread. Would that be better?
                  Maybe find a less inflammatory way to get your point across than "Many Gopher fans don't want to play an inferior program like UW" When, arguably, the difference between the achievements of UMN and UW is narrower than the difference in achievements between UW and any of the other WCHA schools not named UND or DU.

The problem isn't that you post at all, the problem is that it appears that you intentionally post inflammatory statements. If you want to stir up a hornet's nest feel free to start a new thread or resurrect an old thread but leave the nonsense out of the active long lasting general information threads. Start your own thread: "Reasons why the University of Minnesota Golden Gopher program is God's gift to college hockey" and set off all the grenades that you want in there; people who disagree and want to argue will find you and those who don't can just stay out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    Maybe find a less inflammatory way to get your point across than "Many Gopher fans don't want to play an inferior program like UW" When, arguably, the difference between the achievements of UMN and UW is narrower than the difference in achievements between UW and any of the other WCHA schools not named UND or DU.

The problem isn't that you post at all, the problem is that it appears that you intentionally post inflammatory statements. If you want to stir up a hornet's nest feel free to start a new thread or resurrect an old thread but leave the nonsense out of the active long lasting general information threads. Start your own thread: "Reasons why the University of Minnesota Golden Gopher program is God's gift to college hockey" and set off all the grenades that you want in there; people who disagree and want to argue will find you and those who don't can just stay out of it.

You're not seriously buying his line are you?

His only intent is to troll when in our thread. Nearly every post is an attempt to say how great the Gophers are and how we should all agree with that premise. Coz of course, he'll stop responding once we accept his final thought on the (any) subject. Otherwise, we just won't let it go, so he has to keep responding. he was perfectly willing to let it go, but so and so brought it back up.

Keep wasting your time on educating him on message board etiquette though, coz he honestly wants to do things the right way.

He's either the greatest troll ever or is actually clueless about how big of a d-bag he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      You're not seriously buying his line are you?

His only intent is to troll when in our thread. Nearly every post is an attempt to say how great the Gophers are and how we should all agree with that premise. Coz of course, he'll stop responding once we accept his final thought on the (any) subject. Otherwise, we just won't let it go, so he has to keep responding. he was perfectly willing to let it go, but so and so brought it back up.

Keep wasting your time on educating him on message board etiquette though, coz he honestly wants to do things the right way.

He's either the greatest troll ever or is actually clueless about how big of a d-bag he really is.
                      You may be right that nothing will change, but only by trying will any change happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                        You may be right that nothing will change, but only by trying will any change happen.

It's not his intent or motivation to be anything other than a dingle-berry on our ***, so nothing will change because he has no desire to be anything other than what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          That's a **** powerful statement, and it got me thinking. Is there a not-too-painful way for a guy to pull off his balls that we don't know about? If not, then you definitely have a pair--for now.

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                            Last word. Oh, and Minnesota, for all its history, doesn't have the most NCAA titles. Sounds like a history of underachieving to me. There, last word.
                            JFR, the Gophers underachieved with Minnesotans and that my friends is more important than anything else. Win or lose the grandfathers of Gopher hockey believed they did it the right way.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I agree, I could have been more tactful, but I was just being honest. And I found some of your fanbase's remarks to be equally callous. Again, I didn't post what I did to get a rise out of people, but I am not going to lie about what I think.

I think I am being pretty reasonable and open-minded here, yet I am still getting personally attacked by some. I guess that's fair though, ha?
                              Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 04-28-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                                I agree, I could have been more tactful, but I was just being honest. And I found some of your fanbase's remarks to be equally callous.
                                Who cares? That's the point - you don't need to have a nutter every time another fan dares besmirch the M. Opposing fans are going to take shots until the end of time - some reasonable, some downright full of crap. If they lie about something I can see stepping in, but otherwise you're just never going to 'win' an argument in which the other poster either 1) Is trolling or 2) Firmly believes their position.

Comment

Working...
                                X