Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread.

I figured it was time to let the "Jutting Unemployment" thread fade into oblivion. When there's something to dicuss this off-season, do it here.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: Minnesota State Mankato Offseason Thread.

Congrats.........you've got a "natural" as your new head coach. I have known Mike Hastings when he was Head Coach & GM of one of the best programs in the USHL, the Omaha Lancers.
    I have recruited with him back East and he's a class act who will wear well with your program!!!

Comment

Funny MF, I was just going to start this thread

Apparently Darren Blue will stay with the staff this year at least. Whether Knott does or not is up in the air.

Mike Hastings and Darren Blue both went over to Latvia this week to talk with the parents of Shattuck recruit Teddy Blueger. He is a huge recruit that we need in the incoming class, glad to see Mike getting right to work.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer's post about Mankato http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/06/...ota-state.html.

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          RPI blog Without a Peer's post about Mankato http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/06/...ota-state.html.

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
          Good article, I don't disagree with anything written there.
          AF 99

Comment

Got my season ticket brochure in the mail today.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
              Got my season ticket brochure in the mail today.
              I'm at home right now, saw ours came through as well. Dad is thinking of joining the Blue Line Club again.
              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                I'm at home right now, saw ours came through as well. Dad is thinking of joining the Blue Line Club again.
                When I was in the athletic office about 2 months ago (just a couple days after the Hastings news) that seemed to be a common theme. I think there are going to be a good jump in attendance this year.
                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Teddy Blueger was drafted in the second round by the Pittsburgh Penguins. That's probably not good; it means that if he plays well this year, he may well be "one and done."

Comment

The Blue Line Club had its annual golf tournament today, a wild success. The excitement surrounding the program right now is just awesome. Even in listening to Coach Hastings speak, you can tell he expects to come here, and expects full effort towards winning and devoting young men. It got me very excited to hear the passion he has for the game and his players.

He talked about how he wants the team and it's fans to become a family, and support each other for te cause. He guaranteed his team will always give one hundred percent effort to make the community proud of this team.

It was a very cool, emotional, and motivating speech Mike gave us.

It was fun seeing guys like Shane Joesph and Tim Jackman back in town.

Was told season ticket sales have increased at a high rate.

The biggest thing that has benefited us from hiring Hastings is that we went from being irrelevant, with no body talking about the program, to having some buzz around the possibilities the next few years and into the future.
                    AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      The Blue Line Club had its annual golf tournament today, a wild success. The excitement surrounding the program right now is just awesome. Even in listening to Coach Hastings speak, you can tell he expects to come here, and expects full effort towards winning and devoting young men. It got me very excited to hear the passion he has for the game and his players.

He talked about how he wants the team and it's fans to become a family, and support each other for te cause. He guaranteed his team will always give one hundred percent effort to make the community proud of this team.

It was a very cool, emotional, and motivating speech Mike gave us.

It was fun seeing guys like Shane Joesph and Tim Jackman back in town.

Was told season ticket sales have increased at a high rate.

The biggest thing that has benefited us from hiring Hastings is that we went from being irrelevant, with no body talking about the program, to having some buzz around the possibilities the next few years and into the future.
                      With help of Shane's blog: * I was told Monday that the Dan Meyer Golf Classic, a fundraiser for the MSU Blue Line Club, had a record turnout with 38 foursomes, as well as a big jump in sponsors. Surely this is a reaction to the hiring of Mike Hastings. While officials didn't have exact numbers, they said season-ticket sales are also up.
                      AF 99

Comment

One more note from Shane....both Darren Blue and Todd Knott will be back for the upcoming season. Not a surprise, just made official.
                        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                          One more note from Shane....both Darren Blue and Todd Knott will be back for the upcoming season. Not a surprise, just made official.
                          Thanks Bale, totally forgot to mention that Mike made that public yesterday.
                          AF 99

Comment

Shouldn't we be seeing our season ticket packages in the mail pretty soon?

Comment

Excellent article by Shane Frederick in the latest edition of "Today", on Mike Hastings and where the University wants to go with the hockey program.

Comment

Working...
                              X