Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

I think NBC Sports is just clueless about the geography of college hockey's fanbase and didn't do much research to figure out which games would get the most viewers. I would expect to see a lot more Minnesota and Michigan teams, a lot less Nebraska-Omaha and a little less small market east coast teams. It would be pretty easy to pick of slate of games that would get higher Nielsen ratings.

Nebraska ranks 30th in per capita hockey players.

See http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...tate-by-state/

Comment

• Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
      I think NBC Sports is just clueless about the geography of college hockey's fanbase and didn't do much research to figure out which games would get the most viewers. I would expect to see a lot more Minnesota and Michigan teams, a lot less Nebraska-Omaha and a little less small market east coast teams. It would be pretty easy to pick of slate of games that would get higher Nielsen ratings.

Nebraska ranks 30th in per capita hockey players.

See http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...tate-by-state/
      Michigan and Minnesota are covered by the B1G Network; if you notice, the only B1G teams televised (MSU and Wisco) are when they are the road teams.

I also read somewhere that UNO and DU have contracts with NBC Sports, kinda like how Note Dame football is. As for the eastern teams, I can't explain why the EZAC bias over Hockey East, unless NESN had rights to the good games?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        you have to wonder just who uno umm.. took care of... that they are on tv so much. Certainly no one ever heard of them out side of omaha.
        UNO has a contract with NBC Sports...that's why they're on so much. It's not like Alberts blew Milbury or something...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Saw this in the Akron to D1 thread and thought it should be posted here for those that haven't seen it re: WCHA's trip to UAH.

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          From whom? Not me.

The WCHA will be in town late the week of October 8th, and they will take in the Friday night game against Mankato. It's nice that Akron wants to consider moving to varsity, but ...

GFM

Comment

They arrive the 11th and leave the 13th. They will take in our game against Mankato on the 12th. New coach and all, we hope to beat them.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              They arrive the 11th and leave the 13th. They will take in our game against Mankato on the 12th. New coach and all, we hope to beat them.
              GFM
              Maybe the WHCA could make it a "Win and you're in" scenario.
              It's only Jan Brady for crying out loud - that's like playing MTU circa 2008-2011.
              Ryan J
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Maybe the WHCA could make it a "Win and you're in" scenario.
                It's only Jan Brady for crying out loud - that's like playing MTU circa 2008-2011.
                Ryan J
                Jan is St. Cloud. I believe that MSU-M is Cindy.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  Jan is St. Cloud. I believe that MSU-M is Cindy.
                  .....and Bemidji is Alice, the maid.

Comment

Originally posted by UpNorthHockey View Post
                    .....and Bemidji is Alice, the maid.
                    Duluth is Alice... Bemidji is cousin Oliver.
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Mankato is the family dog. Did they have a dog? I never watched the show.
                      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                        Yes they did named Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                          go with Sam the Butcher.
                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Cousin It.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              Cousin It.
                              Itt. Two t's.
                              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

I didn't think that looked right.
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X