Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The New WCHA 2, The Electric Boogaloo (2013-14)

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    The CCHA hasn't had an open week at all, unless you earned a bye. The last weekend of Ferbruary was the final weekend of the regular season. The opening round of the playoffs come the following week. Then come the quarterfinals at the home rinks of the top 4 seeds the second weekend of March, with the league tourney at the Joe the third weekend. Then the following weekend is NCAA regional weekend. Ferris had the time off because they were upset in the quarterfinals by Bowling Green and thus missed the CCHA tourney.
    Week off no week off I do not see it making a difference. Benefit of week off is you rest some legs maybe get a player back. No week off you may be more in the groove of playing. I say no tourney and play best of 3 on campus, and if 3 is too many then play a 2 game aggregate.

Maybe it's the economy or just the gas prices but the NCAA regionals were terrible except in MN and the CCHA tourney was worse. Writing on the wall pretty clear.

Cost for one extra travel date unreasonable? Maybe travel for playoffs is a shared type of cost. Pick the top four teams only is an option as well.

Unfair advantage? Win the season.

Comment

You could forego a postseason altogether and let the RS winner get the AQ. You could do a four-game, two-day tournament hosted by the #1 RS team. You could hang me from a yardarm, although I'm fat and will probably break it.

GFM <-- cranky today ... it's finals week.
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        GFM <-- cranky today ... it's finals week.
        Is it that or the fact that the Bruins lost???
        Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
        FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
        NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
        NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
        NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
        Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
          Is it that or the fact that the Bruins lost???
          Or the fact that my mother had a heart attack last week and my dad had one yesterday. Yeah, I'm already over the Boston thing.

GFM <-- doesn't welcome a Tim Thomas trade, but would support it, if we're going to be completely off-topic.
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Or the fact that my mother had a heart attack last week and my dad had one yesterday. Yeah, I'm already over the Boston thing.

GFM <-- doesn't welcome a Tim Thomas trade, but would support it, if we're going to be completely off-topic.
            Oh, sorry to hear that....... Didn't mean to pile on or anything. Hope everyone is getting better!
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

A thread with this many Tech fans actively reading on topic? HAHA!

And hope everyone is alright!
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Oh, sorry to hear that....... Didn't mean to pile on or anything. Hope everyone is getting better!
                Sorry, Millsy. I could have handled that better.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Unsolicited tournament idea: Royal Rumble style!

All teams on the ice at once and if you're checked through the glass your team is out. Play continues until the automatic qualifier is determined.
                  Originally posted by Jon
                  You call everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 3W View Post
                    Unsolicited tournament idea: Royal Rumble style!

All teams on the ice at once and if you're checked through the glass your team is out. Play continues until the automatic qualifier is determined.
                    Replace the glass with chain link or chicken wire!
                    Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Replace the glass with chain link or chicken wire!
                      Old time hockey!
                      "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
                      - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
                      CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                        Old time hockey!
                        Eddie Shore!
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

AHCA Convention in Naples, FLA is over, and the only thing I can find looking back through twitter is that all the coaches appreciated having John Buccigross at the event.

No word on if I can change UAH from gray to lime green yet, or a tournament location.

More interesting, is the NCHC's silence this week after the AHCA conference since they had a lot of "planned announcements." If you're interested in that more, then go to the NCHC thread.

Speculation: could the NCHC be playing second fiddle to the WCHA's plans?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            AHCA Convention in Naples, FLA is over, and the only thing I can find looking back through twitter is that all the coaches appreciated having John Buccigross at the event. No word on if I can change UAH from gray to lime green yet, or a tournament location. More interesting, is the NCHC's silence this week after the AHCA conference since they had a lot of "planned announcements." If you're interested in that more, then go to the NCHC thread.
                            Speculation: could the NCHC be playing second fiddle to the WCHA's plans?
                            I thought we voted down that there is no tournament location on here already. What are they waiting for.

Comment

Pure speculation on my part but could it also be that the nchc is just being cheap and that the reason no announcement is no funds?
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Word on Twitter is that the NCHC is close to signing an agreement with the Target Center. What this means for the WCHA? There is talk that the tournament could be held at the Amsoil Arena in Duluth.

I'm not quite a fan of the idea, for the fact that it's decked out in tUMD's logo and slogans. But it is a neutral site close to all teams (except for both Alaskas, Ferris, and BGSU) and would be easily traversed to by fans.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X