This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

Figured we could all collect together to discuss league issues like conference tourney venue, schedule (still never heard if teams are pairing off where you must play your podmate four times every year and rotate with the rest), shootouts, conference hirings, etc.

The Big 10 announced they will get the X the first and 3rd years out of the game... so if the NCHC wants it the best they could do for the first four years is every other. Where do people want it, and where do people think it'll end up? Target Center? Pepsi Center? The Ralph? Omaha?

Also, I know we probably know nothing about this yet, but I'm really curious to figure out where we get our refs from.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

The only reason I want TargetCenter is because it is so close to where I live. Plus I would not mind going to all the sweet bars down there. I've heard good things about Omaha and wouldn't mind it bring there. I do not want it in Colorado. I imagine they will rotate it around until they find a place that works the best.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Figured we could all collect together to discuss league issues like conference tourney venue, schedule (still never heard if teams are pairing off where you must play your podmate four times every year and rotate with the rest), shootouts, conference hirings, etc.

Also, I know we probably know nothing about this yet, but I'm really curious to figure out where we get our refs from.
      When are they going to announce the hiring of the Director of Hockey operations?

No idea on how the reffing and schedule will work out.

Great thread title . I would have also accepted: Haters welcome.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

you rang?
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3...4M&h=fAQHLSkjU

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

From what I have been told the Big Ten will pay the best and likely hire the best refs the other two leagues will get everybody else.
            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              From what I have been told the Big Ten will pay the best and likely hire the best refs the other two leagues will get everybody else.
              I will say this... with the leaguesplosion maybe this will be the time to jettison some of the more useless refs... though the other problem is who wants to do it. Do they recruit refs from the USHL or low minors? Either way, some old boy systems are about to fall apart.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                I will say this... with the leaguesplosion maybe this will be the time to jettison some of the more useless refs... though the other problem is who wants to do it. Do they recruit refs from the USHL or low minors? Either way, some old boy systems are about to fall apart.
                You are absolutely correct. IMO, since the Big Ten will pay the best the best college refs likely will want to ref in the Big Ten.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

My buddies suggested we go to omaha this year to watch St. Cloud. I think it would be a decent spot. It isn't too far to drive for UND, UMD, SCSU, DU or CC.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

There are refs that qualify as the best?
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      There are refs that qualify as the best?
                      Someone has to be the best, even if none of them are particularly good.

Comment

I think we should help,out the new WCHA, by letting them keep all their refs.
                        Bob is making me concerned
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

You are absolutely correct. IMO, since the Big Ten will pay the best the best college refs likely will want to ref in the Big Ten.
                          Do you (or anyone) know who pays the most for refs now?
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                            My buddies suggested we go to omaha this year to watch St. Cloud. I think it would be a decent spot. It isn't too far to drive for UND, UMD, SCSU, DU or CC.
                            I went to Omaha for both series since they joined the WCHA, its a great time but you'll have to wait a year, we won't travel there this coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              you rang?
                              If you don't have a team here you should be posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't work.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X