Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten officially announces tournament sites

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Omaha would be a good choice. The Gopher fans that went there this year said it was awesome and they're sad that it will be going away soon.
    i'm sure if the gophs called, omaha would be more than happy to host them for an ooc weekend every year.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      B. S. BSBSBSBSBSBS. I call BS.

People around here were rejoicing that the big bad big ten schools were absent in tournaments past. Spout your revisionist history elsewhere.
      There were a group of Wisconsin and Minnesota fans with signs saying Thanks for nothing B1G.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

I'm curious about another thing, has the conference gathered input from the coaches on what they think about venue possibilities?

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          You guys constantly bring this up like you want some sort of award or honor for it. You were as effective in defense as the Dutch army in WWII. Congrats.
          At least the Dutch gov't went into exile after the ocupation. I didn't see any UM Admin resign over this. I think a more accurate analogy would be Austria.
          No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            My only question is what will they do after this 4 year "trial" period is over? Do they have any firm ideas at this point or will be waiting to see what attendance and fan response will be before deciding future venues?
            Logic would dictate the latter but I don't have much belief those runing the Big Ten have even half a brain between them to even consider logic to be possible for them.
            My best guess is that the two Michigan schools are more concerned about the perception of taking "business" out of the state of Michigan than the disadvantage of playing in St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              You guys constantly bring this up like you want some sort of award or honor for it. You were as effective in defense as the Dutch army in WWII. Congrats.
              You sound sad. Why is any non-Big Ten fan even in this thread? They really have no business even in here. Just sayin.
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                You sound sad. Why is any non-Big Ten fan even in this thread? They really have no business even in here. Just sayin.
                8 hours and the best you could come up with is to channel uaafanblog? THAT sounds sad.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  There were a group of Wisconsin and Minnesota fans with signs saying Thanks for nothing B1G.
                  No doubt Gopher and Badger fans might care, but you aren't going to convince me that the majority of other teams fans give a hell.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                    Why are you posting in the NCHC and WCHA threads? Do you really have any business there? I'm just sayin.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 04-20-2012, 06:12 AM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I'm curious about another thing, has the conference gathered input from the coaches on what they think about venue possibilities?
                      This is the world of NCAA hockey. They don't bother to consult with hockey people on hockey matters. It's only administrators and bean counters.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        This is the world of NCAA hockey. They don't bother to consult with hockey people on hockey matters. It's only administrators and bean counters.
                        You are correct, but I pretty much knew the answer to that question before I asked it.

Comment

I think that non Big Ten fans can comment here as long as its not just coming to gripe. And there is ZERO chance UND, SCSU and tUMD would bring more fans to the X than MN and UW
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

My only question is what will they do after this 4 year "trial" period is over? Do they have any firm ideas at this point or will be waiting to see what attendance and fan response will be before deciding future venues?
                            Logic would dictate the latter but I don't have much belief those runing the Big Ten have even half a brain between them to even consider logic to be possible for them.
                            I agree. No logic used here.

But I think a real question to consider is what happens in a few years when one of the big ten programs decides to fold hockey because they don't have a women's crew team. Maybe UAH will be invited to join and finally have a home to keep the autobid.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Why are you posting in the NCHC and WCHA threads? Do you really have any business there? I'm just sayin.
                              Do as I say not as I do. Come on homes.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                                Whew, that's a relief. I heard it might be here. That would've been horrible.
                                Out of curiosity, how did you pick that rink? My folks are from Merrill so I was surprised to see the link go to a place I've been to.

Comment

Working...
                                X