Best Recruiting Class All-Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Recruiting Class All-Time

I was looking at the recruiting class the Gophers will be bringing in for 2013 and it got me thinking. Could that possibly be their best recruiting class all-time?

What do you think your school's best recruiting class was?

The 2013 class will likely include Taylor Cammarata, Hudson Fasching, Gabe Guertler, Justin Kloos, and perhaps Michael Brodzinski and Jake Bischoff.

The 1974-75 Gopher recruiting class that included Reed Larson, Paul Holmgren, and Tom Younghans was a good one.

The 1975-76 Gopher recruiting class included Steve Janaszak, Bill Baker, Don Madson, and Phil Verchota.

The 1976-77 Gopher recruiting class included Rob McClanahan, Steve Christoff, Eric Strobel, Tim Harrer, Don Micheletti, and John Meredith.

The 1978-79 Gopher recruiting class included Neal Broten and Mike Ramsey.

Woog and Lucia have brought in some great recruiting classes too, but I think the 1976-77 class has to be the greatest all-time for the Gophers IMO.

Re: Best Recruiting Class All-Time

Michigan.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Michigan.
      As is typical, you didn't read the post and answered incorrectly.

I have an idea. Since you can't seem to get past your blind hate for me, why not just avoid my posts? Unless you're obsessed with me for some reason? I certainly go out of my way to try and ignore you, and all others whom hate the Gophers.

Comment

Recruiting classes are rated in hindsight. So you can't really have a conversation about the new class for another 4-5 years.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Recruiting classes are rated in hindsight. So you can't really have a conversation about the new class for another 4-5 years.
          Re-read my post. I said the 2013 class got me thinking about recruiting classes. I picked the 1976-77 class as the Gopher's best.

Is that alright?

Comment

BC's class of 2001?

Brian Gionta
            Scott Clemmensen
            Bobby Allen
            Rob Scuderi
            Mike Lephart
            Mark McLennan
            Marty Hughes

4 NHLers (1387 NHL games played) and one imrpessive two-way player in Mike Lephart... no early departures which is crazy when you see what they went on to do later.

Chuck Kobasew/Ben Eaves/Tony Voce/JD Forrest was pretty good too.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              BC's class of 2001?

Brian Gionta
              Scott Clemmensen
              Bobby Allen
              Rob Scuderi
              Mike Lephart
              Mark McLennan
              Marty Hughes

4 NHLers (1387 NHL games played) and one imrpessive two-way player in Mike Lephart... no early departures which is crazy when you see what they went on to do later.
              Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post

I have an idea. Since you can't seem to get past your blind hate for me, why not just avoid my posts? Unless you're obsessed with me for some reason? I certainly go out of my way to try and ignore you, and all others whom hate the Gophers.
                I have an idea. Why don't you take your own advice and stay out of fs23's posts?

Comment

Year after year, Michigan is typically said to have the top recruiting class no matter what. It has widely become a running joke in these circles.

Comment

Re-read my post. I said the 2013 class got me thinking about recruiting classes. I picked the 1976-77 class as the Gopher's best.

Is that alright?
                    I read your post. I think you are looking for any reason to feel slighted now. But you brought up the 2013 class and how it may end up being one of the best. I simply stated, that talking about the 2013 class in those terms was premature.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      Year after year, Michigan is typically said to have the top recruiting class no matter what. It has widely become a running joke in these circles.
                      This. OP, it's an old joke. People use it all the time.
                      Bugs Bunny - 96
                      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                        I have an idea. Why don't you take your own advice and stay out of fs23's posts?
                        Show me where I've replied to anything he's said that wasn't directed towards me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                          Thanks.

Comment

Show me where I've replied to anything he's said that wasn't directed towards me.
                            Here are just a couple...

This was in the Top 25 Greatest Teams thread. I had never addressed you (didn't really even know who you were up until this point)...

It does. I always laugh at how hard FS23 tries to justify his rational that any hockey played before the formation of the NCAA is irrelevant.

If we're talking about greatest college hockey teams, I don't see how you can leave out the 1939-40 Gopher team that went undefeated (winning every game by at least 3 goals) and won a national championship. Or how about the 1928-29 Gopher team that Went 14-2-1, started the season with 6 straight shutouts, and won a share of a national championship.

I don't mind looking at only certain eras of hockey history, and realize this list concentrates on the NCAA Hockey era, but when you repeatedly ignore certain eras, as FS23 does, you have to start asking why? And that answer is easy - It makes the Gophers program look better historically if the pre-NCAA era is included in any discussion.
                            Then of course this is from the Austin Smith thread where I posted a link to an article about how College Hockey Weekly had Austin Smith as their lead candidate for the Hobey...

You do realize spamming the board with requests to visit your website is a violation of the terms and conditions of this board, correct? Please stop.
                            If I had more time and cared more I could go find numerous other examples...

It really doesn't matter though, as this thread is actually a pretty good one for discussion. Well done.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher
                              wisonsin 81
                              Paul Houck
                              Paul Houston
                              Pat Flatley
                              Tim Thomas
                              Chris Chelios
                              Jan-Ake Danielsson
                              Mark Edwards
                              Tom Ryan

North Dakota 81