Princeton Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton Offseason

Well its time that the very young team grow up. Last year the 10 Sophs and 7 Freshmen played decently for being one of the youngest (THE youngest?) team in D.1. But now they are becoming upperclassmen, and need to take a big step up.
    Can they do it with Prier as coach? I guess we will know soon enough. Should be a very solid team this year.

Re: Princeton Offseason

Not really sure what to expect. Last year's team was very hard to figure out as they were so up and down. Need a few more consistant scorers other than Berger and Caloff. Got some really hard workers on the wings in Ammon, Carlson, Ford and Maugeri. Defense should be solid as Ross, Sdao, Goodwin , Rush will form the backbone. Goaltending will be a strength with Condon and Bonar.
    In all, if a few more scorers can step up, should have a good season.

Comment

I believe that they will be an unexpected force in the ECAC. They have excellent goaltending, and good depth along the forward lines that is no longer extremely young. I think they will surprise this year.

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer post about Princeton http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/08/...princeton.html.

I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          RPI blog Without a Peer post about Princeton http://www.withoutapeer.com/2012/08/...princeton.html.

I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
          ....no connection although you have shared many cocktails, a few dinners, more than a few hockey games, and he is a fellow RPI alum! You're right, no connection at all
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
            ....no connection although you have shared many cocktails, a few dinners, more than a few hockey games, and he is a fellow RPI alum! You're right, no connection at all
            The last time I checked, WaP is a blog, not a person.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
              What are you driving at? I only posted this because I figured that some Princeton posters might be interested. I added the "I have no connection with WaP except as a reader" because when I started doing this people assumed that I was the author.

The blogger is indeed a fellow RPI alum. That is the only one that is true. We have indeed been at some of the same hockey games, but never together as far as I can recall. Unless you count the fact that we once were at the same closed-circuit telecast of an RPI-Clarkson hockey game, I don't think we ever ate dinner in the same room, let alone together.

FWIW, we have exchanged a lot of email messages.

Edit: and we have exchanged Rep.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                What are you driving at? I only posted this because I figured that some Princeton posters might be interested. I added the "I have no connection with WaP except as a reader" because when I started doing this people assumed that I was the author.

The blogger is indeed a fellow RPI alum. That is the only one that is true. We have indeed been at some of the same hockey games, but never together as far as I can recall. Unless you count the fact that we once were at the same closed-circuit telecast of an RPI-Clarkson hockey game, I don't think we ever ate dinner in the same room, let alone together.

FWIW, we have exchanged a lot of email messages.

Edit: and we have exchanged Rep.
                RB: Do yourself a favor and make a note not to bother next year. Apparently, some folks can't recognize a considerate gesture when they read one.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Princeton Fans,
                  Still looking for somebody to blog about the Tighers for the the ECAC Hockey Blog Network (www.ecachockeyblognetwork.blogspot.com). Shoot me an email at ecachockeyblog@gmail.com if you're interested, or know someone that could be. Looking forward to the season!

Comment

From USHR: Delbarton School RC Josh Melnick has committed to Princeton for the fall of ’15.

Comment

Tigers are getting in gear. Sweeping this weekend was huge. Condon was amazing. Favorite sight of weekend: Forward Ford swimming in Bonar's goalie equipt. at Colgate!. Prier getting the guys to play as a team.

Comment

Sssh, don't tell anyone we're coming.

Comment

Really need to look at a coaching change. Lots of upperclass talent and they fell apart down the stretch. Gadowsky would have gotten much more from this group.

Comment

Agree that Gadowsky is greatly missed. I really dont want us to slide back to the era of irrelevance.

Comment

Originally posted by rightwing View Post
                              Agree that Gadowsky is greatly missed. I really dont want us to slide back to the era of irrelevance.
                              Already there...if it wasn't for Calof you would have finished lower.

Comment

Working...
                              X