Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

The Brown-Yale game has been postponed again. According to Brownbears.com, it will be rescheduled to a mutually convenient time.

Hope all are well following the storm.

Comment

Tuesday at 7:00. Unfortunately, I have tickets to the Bruins-Rangers game, so I can't attend. They couldn't have picked Wednesday?? C'mon!

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Tuesday at 7:00. Unfortunately, I have tickets to the Bruins-Rangers game, so I can't attend. They couldn't have picked Wednesday?? C'mon!
        Glancing at the standings tonight, and a couple things jump out:

1. With the exception of Dartmouth, Brown has points against the rest of the league. (I know Colgate beat us, but there is still a home game against the Raiders to be played). Has any season seen more parity?

2. Oh what may have been.... If there is a full lineup against Harvard in Cambridge, our PK didn't crap the bed at Yale, and we found a way to beat Dartmouth at home in a game we outplayed the Green, we are defending a shot at the bye rather than playing catch up.

3. Am I alone in praying Robertson is healthy for Tuesday?

4. How in Sam hell are Princeton and RPI in 3rd an 4th? Last check, those were two bad hockey teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BrunoFan00 View Post

1. With the exception of Dartmouth, Brown has points against the rest of the league. (I know Colgate beat us, but there is still a home game against the Raiders to be played). Has any season seen more parity?

2. Oh what may have been.... If there is a full lineup against Harvard in Cambridge, our PK didn't crap the bed at Yale, and we found a way to beat Dartmouth at home in a game we outplayed the Green, we are defending a shot at the bye rather than playing catch up.

4. How in Sam hell are Princeton and RPI in 3rd an 4th? Last check, those were two bad hockey teams.
          In reverse order. Re: #4..... you haven't been watching RPI very closely. Not only are they NOT BAD.....they are getting downright scary !!!
          Re: #2..... and I'll be polite AND P.C. here.....well, you know the old grandmother/ grandfather line !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
            In reverse order. Re: #4..... you haven't been watching RPI very closely. Not only are they NOT BAD.....they are getting downright scary !!!
            Re: #2..... and I'll be polite AND P.C. here.....well, you know the old grandmother/ grandfather line !!!
            My point re: RPI is that two weeks ago they were in 11th. They are playing well now, but the team I saw two months ago was not good.

And you will have to clarify on the grandmother line. Again, my point was that the margin between byes and 11th is paper thin. Hence, what may have been is an obvious refrain for us.

The simple fact is that this Brown team has lost 70+ man-games to injury, just a horrific and unfortunate stretch of bad luck, that has left many of us wondering "what if" while crediting the job our coaches have done. That this Brown team has outperformed all pundits, at least to this point, rests solely on the shoulders of a squad that puts effort above all.

Comment

My point re: RPI is that two weeks ago they were in 11th. They are playing well now, but the team I saw two months ago was not good.

And you will have to clarify on the grandmother line. Again, my point was that the margin between byes and 11th is paper thin. Hence, what may have been is an obvious refrain for us.

The simple fact is that this Brown team has lost 70+ man-games to injury, just a horrific and unfortunate stretch of bad luck, that has left many of us wondering "what if" while crediting the job our coaches have done. That this Brown team has outperformed all pundits, at least to this point, rests solely on the shoulders of a squad that puts effort above all.
              Thanks for not getting nasty. RPI has won 6 of their last 7, losing only 3-2 to Union in a NC game and arguably on an "iffy" penalty in OT. The "line" is "if your grandmother had b****, she'd be your grandfather"

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                I'm going to the final on Monday. I'll be the guy siting behind the NU bench with a Brown shirt flipping off the Roys.
                He is quoted in today's Boston Globe as saying the Beanpot was a reason for decommitting.

A loathsome situation. And, yet we all knew he wouldn't be a bust. Brown fans can't get that lucky.

Comment

He is quoted in today's Boston Globe as saying the Beanpot was a reason for decommitting.

A loathsome situation. And, yet we all knew he wouldn't be a bust. Brown fans can't get that lucky.
                  The kid's something special, there's no denying that. Would anyone really be surprised if he ends up transferring to BC, given his track record?

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                    The kid's something special, there's no denying that. Would anyone really be surprised if he ends up transferring to BC, given his track record?
                    I would. He wouldn't want to sit out the year. Turning pro early seems more likely.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He's something special, but at the same time, teams can devise a defense to take him out, and if they do, NU has no other weapons. Saponari is a bag of poo, and Rawlings is wildly overrated in net. Karlson leaves something to be desired. If a team has a two-way, fleet-footed defenseman, they can take him out very easily. That said, that's still very hard to do and he is still pretty filthy.
                      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

1 - The AHA last year had similar parity, as it does this year. Granted, the conference isn't on talent levels with the ECAC by any means, but it puts into perspective those early season losses that you say, "Well it's stlil early in the year." It hurts to know that a game in October when a team doesn't have an identity comes back and HAUNTS the rest of the season.

2 - It also can go the other way. If Brown hadn't tied Qpac, and if Brown hadn't beaten Cornell up there, then imagine how this season could be. This season very easily could've had Brown as the 12 seed, as far behind everyone as humanly possible. Brown very easily could've had a season where the only beatable teams they could've played are Sacred Heart and Alabama-Huntsville.

3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzO7Eo0xeQ0 that's all I have to say about that.

4 - It will even itslef out, one would think.
                        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                          He's something special, but at the same time, teams can devise a defense to take him out, and if they do, NU has no other weapons. Saponari is a bag of poo, and Rawlings is wildly overrated in net. Karlson leaves something to be desired. If a team has a two-way, fleet-footed defenseman, they can take him out very easily. That said, that's still very hard to do and he is still pretty filthy.
                          That pretty accurately explains their wretched record. Roy certainly isn't a team player, so perhaps it's good he didn't come to Brown. Whittet wouldn't have gone for that.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's a story you all will appreciate:

I shared a wonderful moment with Kevin Roy before the Beanpot tonight. I was watching his team warm up down by the glass, wearing a Brown shirt, and he happened to scan the crowd and my shirt caught his eye. I waved to him and pointed at the shirt and he grinned and laughed.

So we're cool now. Besides, he doesn't backcheck AT ALL. So I'm glad he's somewhere else.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's a story you all will appreciate:

I shared a wonderful moment with Kevin Roy before the Beanpot tonight. I was watching his team warm up down by the glass, wearing a Brown shirt, and he happened to scan the crowd and my shirt caught his eye. I waved to him and pointed at the shirt and he grinned and laughed.

So we're cool now. Besides, he doesn't backcheck AT ALL. So I'm glad he's somewhere else.
                              Wish I could make the game in PVD Tues. But family commitments will limit me to the internet feed. Let's hope for a well played, well officiated, and injury free game, may the best team win!
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Not to bring up Roy more than he already has, but how do you think he would have fared here? I still think he could have been the guy to resurrect this moribund program and history will show what a dark day it was when he decommitted.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X