Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Meehan Madness just hit 3,000 views!

A big thanks to everyone who checks in on the blog. It means a lot that so many people are reading it, and it's great for Brown hockey.

There's a thank you post up now if you want to go check it out. I'll have more content soon!

Comment

Lorito for Hobey campaign to start soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
        Lorito for Hobey campaign to start soon?
        That was a fine performance by Brown against an up-and-coming Army team. Army was the preseason #12 team in Atlantic Hockey, which means they're the predicted worst team in college hockey. They've shocked a lot of people by being anything but a pushover to start the season.

I think when you look at this game through a lens - yes, Brown beat Army, who is supposed to not be very good but has been playing very well to start the year, but Brown also lost last year against AIC and Holy Cross. The AIC loss last year was completely inexcusable since they're a bad hockey team.

I'm throwing this out there for Brown - I like the way the "team" is playing so farthis year. There seems to be some good chemistry, and it is going very far to bail out guys who have some deficiencies. The sum is turning into the whole of all parts, and I'm a big fan of the way Lorito is leading that charge. looks like he is the breakout guy to start the year. NOw he just has to keep it going.

A shutout is a big lift for the goaltending, which was occasionally under fire, especially during that SLU/Clarkson weekend.
        Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

http://brownhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Quick recap of DeFilippo's shutout (the first for a Brown goalie in the regular season since Dan Rosen in '08), Lorito's hat trick, and the upcoming games this weekend.

Comment

Pretty cool that next years ivy showcase will be held at the Barclays Center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
              That was a fine performance by Brown against an up-and-coming Army team. Army was the preseason #12 team in Atlantic Hockey, which means they're the predicted worst team in college hockey. They've shocked a lot of people by being anything but a pushover to start the season.

I think when you look at this game through a lens - yes, Brown beat Army, who is supposed to not be very good but has been playing very well to start the year, but Brown also lost last year against AIC and Holy Cross. The AIC loss last year was completely inexcusable since they're a bad hockey team.

I'm throwing this out there for Brown - I like the way the "team" is playing so farthis year. There seems to be some good chemistry, and it is going very far to bail out guys who have some deficiencies. The sum is turning into the whole of all parts, and I'm a big fan of the way Lorito is leading that charge. looks like he is the breakout guy to start the year. NOw he just has to keep it going.

A shutout is a big lift for the goaltending, which was occasionally under fire, especially during that SLU/Clarkson weekend.
              Also - didn't see it mentioned anywhere.....Army head coach Brian Riley is a Brown grad.

Comment

Some thoughts on the Mayor's Cup, as well as the opportunity we have to make a statement and earn some respect.

Comment

The Friars are a touchdown better than Brown at Meehan? Fire everyone
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post

Some thoughts on the Mayor's Cup, as well as the opportunity we have to make a statement and earn some respect.
                    7-0 loss? Sounds like Brown lost their composure in this one. Need to quickly turn it around against HC, or this is going to be one ugly weekend.

Comment

Brown's goalie on Saturday didn't look like a D-1 goalie. His rebound control was atrocious and if he plays like that against HC, they will lose. I have seen HC a few times this year and think they are a better team then Brown right now.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Sounds like and looks like we got beat by a very, very good hockey team that is poised for challenging BC in the next year or so if not this year.

Hopefully, today's game will show what Brown can do against a good but not dominating team.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Brown's goalie on Saturday didn't look like a D-1 goalie. His rebound control was atrocious and if he plays like that against HC, they will lose. I have seen HC a few times this year and think they are a better team then Brown right now.
                          He does that sometimes. He'll have terrific games where he steals the show, and then he'll have games like Saturday. He was out of position all day, even when they didn't end up scoring, and the 32 saves he made were mostly soft shots right into his chest. Anything remotely challenging beat him, whether it went in or wide.

Borelli is starting today, and has given up two soft goals already. The goaltending situation looks awfully precarious going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                            Sounds like and looks like we got beat by a very, very good hockey team that is poised for challenging BC in the next year or so if not this year.
                            I doubt it. They were good, but it was mostly Brown shooting itself in the foot over and over and over again. If Brown had brought its A game, PC would have won by a goal or two, but they're not that much better than us at this point. We beat ourselves and got what we deserved, as Whittet said in the ProJo game recap.

I'll have a post up on the blog probably tomorrow, recapping both games this weekend. So far, it's not looking good against HC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              BROWN 3 - HOLY CROSS 2
                              It really wasn't this close. Brown took 54 shots on net (to Holy Cross's 23), and if goalie Matt Ginn hadn't been as good as he was, it would have been a rout.

The Garnet Hathaway-Matt Lorito-Ryan Jacobson line was flying.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
                                The Garnet Hathaway-Matt Lorito-Ryan Jacobson line was flying.
                                In looking at the lines for the past games, it appears this is the first time these 3 have skated together. I assume this line will continue.

One question I have from those who have attended games ( and I hope to be at Meehan soon), it also appears that Coach Whittet is playing around with combinations for an effective fourth line. Has the fourth lines been given a lot of skating times? I hear prescott's game mentioned a lot on the audio.

Comment

Working...
                                X