Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
    I think it is a fair assessment. Potential is there only limited by not playing "cohesively" as Tom mentions.url]http://www.withoutapeer.com/[/url]
    I would add that for an obvious reason this team will be motivated to play cohesively and Brendan will make sure that motivation is consistently present.

Comment

Originally posted by KFBS View Post
      Saying that we're starting from scratch on defense because of the loss of Clemente and Buvinow may be a slight overstatement. Yes losing Clemente leaves the team without a clear #1 goaltender, but Buvinow was, last year, at best the #2 guy on the 2nd defensive pairing.
      I will disagree about Buvinow. I think he was a solid #1 on a 2nd line and only slightly below the play of Wahl and Robertson. I was always confortable seeing him in a tight game at the end.

Comment

As I said before, Tom Reale is generally knowledgeable and tries to be fair-minded. Nevertheless, he can't possibly follow every player in every game. This is why I'll have to disagree with his assessment of Marco DeFilippo. Those of us who attended the game at UNH witnessed a magnificent performance by a young player in control of all the fundamentals of goaltending. Marco has shown flashes of true brilliance over his first couple of seasons. The question is whether his potential will translate into solid games every weekend as he'll be heavily counted upon this season.

I tend to agree with Tom's assessment of Jeff Buvinow. Jeff B did not have the kind of senior season we expected. In my opinion, Richie Crowley was a better performer last season than Jeff B. The player who WAS missed on defense was Marc-Antoine Carrier, who called it quits after playing in just one game. His quickness and ability to make the outlet pass or carry the puck were sorely missed as the season progressed. Having said this, I believe that the addition of freshmen Brandon Pfeil and Nate Widman will add size, toughness, and skill to a defense that sometimes was a bit soft last season.

Comment

I've posted my expectations for this year over at Meehan Madness.

http://brownhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

From USHR: Berkshire School center Charlie Corcoran has committed to Brown University for the fall of ’14 or ’15.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
              I've posted my expectations for this year over at Meehan Madness.

http://brownhockeyblog.blogspot.com/
              Great insights about Brendan, and a reasonable prediction for the final record.

Comment

I just hope this team gives me a reason to go to Lake Placid in March.
                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                  If Brown loses early enough in the playoffs, I'm sure you'll be able to attend the D-III Frozen Four.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                    You may elect to visit the Herb Brooks Arena in scenic Lake Placid next March, but the Bears will be focused on skating at Boardwalk Hall amid the bright lights of Atlantic City.
                    LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                      Great insights about Brendan, and a reasonable prediction for the final record.
                      Agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
                        You may elect to visit the Herb Brooks Arena in scenic Lake Placid next March, but the Bears will be focused on skating at Boardwalk Hall amid the bright lights of Atlantic City.
                        Ugh, I forgot. I guess I'm so focused on pregaming at the Lake Placid Brewery that Im wishing it was next year.
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Apart from _______, did everyone on the posted roster enroll for the year? On a related point, has Brown ever have a walk-on? I can't recall any non-recruited player in recent years.

Comment

Apart from _______, did everyone on the posted roster enroll for the year? On a related point, has Brown ever have a walk-on? I can't recall any non-recruited player in recent years.
                            Different sport but my cousin ,TJ Popolizio, did ok for himself walking onto the Brown soccer team.
                            Last edited by NYhockeyguy; 09-09-2012, 07:56 PM.
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                              From USHR: Berkshire School center Charlie Corcoran has committed to Brown University for the fall of ’14 or ’15.
                              Charlie's father, John Corcoran, was a star forward at Bowdoin College in the late 70s and early 80s, scoring 135 points (57 goals, 78 assists) in 101 games. His aunt, Mardie Corcoran, was an outstanding player for Brown. Great bloodlines...

Comment

Apart from _______, did everyone on the posted roster enroll for the year?.
                                Everybody is here!

Comment

Working...
                                X