Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

It's ludicrous to assume that after decommitting from Brown because supposedly the Brown hockey program doesn't have the national stature that the Roy family appears to be looking for, Kevin would end up at Lowell, Merrimack, Northeastern, U Mass or Vermont. If he does go the college route, it's more likely that it would be to a place like BC, BU, or Wisconsin.

But, who knows, maybe Brown09's is right and the Roy family will choose Penn State. For some reason, it seems highly appropriate.
    Last edited by Euler18; 07-23-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Euler18 View Post
      It's ludicrous to assume that after decommitting from Brown because supposedly the Brown hockey program doesn't have the national stature that the Roy family appears to be looking for, Kevin would end up at Lowell, Merrimack, Northeastern, U Mass or Vermont. If he does go the college route, it's more likely that it would be to a place like BC, BU, or Wisconsin.

But, who knows, maybe Brown09's is right and the Roy family will choose Penn State. For some reason, it seems highly appropriate.
      I mean HEA or ECAC. Kind of easy to pick which has better talent.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Here's a link to a JULY 14 radio interview in which Kevin Roy reiterates the reasons why he was supposedly "committed" to playing at Brown. He even mentioned the date he was due at Brown. This section of the interview starts with about six minutes left.

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com.br/

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
          I mean HEA or ECAC. Kind of easy to pick which has better talent.
          It appears that what was at stake was a school with national hockey prominence, and that certainly isn't Northeastern, Merrimack, Lowell, U Mass, or Vermont. Besides, after BC, BU, and to a certain extent Maine and UNH, the talent level at Hockey East is pretty mediocre.

Incidentally, over the past couple of seasons Brown's record against Hockey East schools is 3-0-3, with wins over BU, UNH and PC.

Comment

It appears that what was at stake was a school with national hockey prominence, and that certainly isn't Northeastern, Merrimack, Lowell, U Mass, or Vermont. Besides, after BC, BU, and to a certain extent Maine and UNH, the talent level at Hockey East is pretty mediocre.

Incidentally, over the past couple of seasons Brown's record against Hockey East schools is 3-0-3, with wins over BU, UNH and PC.
            Well, every one of those programs has at least made the NCAA Tournament within the last five years so...

Either way, if he intended to not go, he should've just decommitted a while ago unless something legitimately came up within the last week.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Here's a link to a JULY 14 radio interview in which Kevin Roy reiterates the reasons why he was supposedly "committed" to playing at Brown. He even mentioned the date he was due at Brown. This section of the interview starts with about six minutes left.

http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com.br/
              After listening to the interview, PSU may be a good place for Kevin to attend.

Comment

I'll throw 2cents into the pot....let's see, IIRC almost to the day he walked out the door, Nate Leaman said he wasn't going.....Roy ends up @ Providence?
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  I'll throw 2cents into the pot....let's see, IIRC almost to the day he walked out the door, Nate Leaman said he wasn't going.....Roy ends up @ Providence?
                  No idea where he's going, but it is worth pointing out that a former assistant at Brown (who was there when Roy was recruited) is now at Northeastern. Any other former Brown guys now with other teams? Also, does anybody know who was responsible for Roy's commitment, or if he had a relationship with a particular coach?

I definitely feel for Brown. I know our situation was different, but we NU fans know all too well what it's like to see players back out of a commitment.
                  On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                  If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
                    No idea where he's going, but it is worth pointing out that a former assistant at Brown (who was there when Roy was recruited) is now at Northeastern. Any other former Brown guys now with other teams? Also, does anybody know who was responsible for Roy's commitment, or if he had a relationship with a particular coach?

I definitely feel for Brown. I know our situation was different, but we NU fans know all too well what it's like to see players back out of a commitment.
                    I believe he was recruited about two years ago by Jerry Keefe, a former PC player and present NU AC.

Comment

Mark Diver has in today's Providence Journal what appears to be an interview with Kevin about his decision. It is only available with an e-subscription which I do not have. Can anyone provide a summary of what Kevin said about his decision?

Comment

Fom Projo:

Anaheim Ducks draft pick Kevin Roy said in an interview late Monday that his decision to decommit from Brown just a few weeks before he and his brother were set to enroll was very difficult.

"At the end of the day, I just wanted to make sure that I was going to the right place that would give me opportunities to play at the next level. It's not that I couldn't do that (by going to Brown). It's just that another place -- I don't know where yet -- can offer me maybe more stuff. It's not that Brown wasn't good enough. It's just a personal decision,'' he said.

"I know it sucks that it ended up being this way, but I did the best I could.''

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                          Fom Projo:

"At the end of the day, I just wanted to make sure that I was going to the right place that would give me opportunities to play at the next level. It's not that I couldn't do that (by going to Brown). It's just that another place -- I don't know where yet -- can offer me maybe more stuff. It's not that Brown wasn't good enough. It's just a personal decision,'' he said.

"I know it sucks that it ended up being this way, but I did the best I could.''
                          Riiiiight.....a highly coveted NHL drafted player doesn't know where he'll be yet......yeah he's just going by the seat of his pants here and he really doesn't have a deal in place with another school....suuure.

Comment

Poor baby! If he doesn't know where he is going, how is he going to know when he has arrived?

Comment

Jesus, he's just now realizing that another place "can offer me maybe more stuff?" He's very articulate. "STUFF"... like what kind of "stuff"... How did this kid get into Brown anyway?

This is right up there with Cody Ferriero/Chris Bourque.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Jesus, he's just now realizing that another place "can offer me maybe more stuff?" He's very articulate. "STUFF"... like what kind of "stuff"... How did this kid get into Brown anyway?

This is right up there with Cody Ferriero/Chris Bourque.

Are you suggesting that BC would consider him as this year's "Johnny?"

Comment

Working...
                                X