Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU Offseason: Forget bikes, we're stealing a Karr...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Offseason: Forget bikes, we're stealing a Karr...

... or someone else for the Athletic Director position.

And since I used his name, I fully expect my thread title to be obsolete by May when the University decides to hire one of the other two choices.

An update today on the Athletic Director search:
    http://miningjournal.net/page/conten....html?nav=5010

And, the University is looking for input from the fans.
    http://miningjournal.net/page/conten....html?nav=5011
    Take all of your gripes, and bring them yourself to the next possible athletic director of Northern Michigan University.

Starting Tuesday, NMU will bring to campus the three finalists chosen by its search committee to replace Ken Godfrey, who stepped down in January. The hope is to have one of these three candidates in place as the Wildcats' next AD by May 1.

University of Alaska-Fairbanks athletic director Forrest Karr is the first candidate coming to town, and he'll be available to the public at 3 p.m. on Tuesday.

David Diles, the director of athletics and chair of the Department of Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, will visit a week later and be made available at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, April 17.

The final candidate, North Dakota Senior Associate Athletic Director of External Affairs Sean Johnson, will be available at 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, April 19.

Each candidate will make a public presentation during the listed time and date in the Pioneer Rooms at NMU's University Center detailing their vision for the future of Wildcat athletics, rec sports and the United States Olympic Education Center.
    Matt Wellens will also be trying to profile the three candidates throughout the process, including the above linked Karr review posted above.

All three have their benefits and ability to drive NMU forward. I really can't pick just one person and I know the University can't afford to pay for the talents of hiring two of these guys to really combine their unique talents.

I haven't seen the schedule yet, but it's already known that our non-conference opponents will be:
    vs Wisconsin (at the Resch Center (we're the home team))
    at St. Cloud (aka St, Clooud)
    home and home versus Michigan Tech
    vs (or at) Nebraska Omaha

Meaning that in CCHA play, we'll be traveling to Alaska.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Re: NMU Offseason: Forget bikes, we're stealing a Karr...

Wow that's a hilarious article on Karr. Makes no mention of the hockey program before Ferguson was hired, doesn't mention how their basketball and volleyball programs have been run into the ground.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I've heard the Cats open at UNO Oct. 5-6 followed by the Green Bay games vs. the Badgers on Oct. 12-13. After that I don't know. Although another thread has us at St. Cloud the first weekend in January.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
        I've heard the Cats open at UNO Oct. 5-6 followed by the Green Bay games vs. the Badgers on Oct. 12-13. After that I don't know. Although another thread has us at St. Cloud the first weekend in January.
        There's a slight issue with that, in that you can't have your first game until October 6th. Unless, of course, you are intentionally taking an extra week off around the Christmas break where the team isn't allowed to have an "official" practice.

Comment

Here's what I've heard:

10/07/2012 - vs random Canadian U. (Exhibition)
          10/12/2012 - vs Wisconsin (in Green Bay)
          10/13/2012 - vs Wisconsin (in Green Bay)
          10/19/2012 - at Nebraska-Omaha
          10/20/2012 - at Nebraska-Omaha

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I'm seeing the same thing
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Anyone know how the ticketing is going to work for the Badger series?
              Are all the tickets going to be handled by the Resch?
              Or will season ticket holders get first crack?

Comment

Why isn't the Wisconsin series in Marquette?
                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co...-programs.html

Article in the Mining Journal from a couple of weeks ago talking about the games at the Resch.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    Why isn't the Wisconsin series in Marquette?
                    Because Wisconsin told NMU to go pound sand, they weren't ever bussing to the Berry Center. NMU worked out an agreement to use the Resch Center as a "neutral" venue allowing Wisco to stay in-state, and allow NMU to reap the benefits of being a home team in an 8,000+ seat arena. NMU also uses the Resch Center games as an alumni function, and marketing for general campus student recruitment. What better way to get the University's name out in central Wisconsin than hosting a hockey game versus the home-state Badgers.

Originally posted by maccat18 View Post
                    Anyone know how the ticketing is going to work for the Badger series?
                    Are all the tickets going to be handled by the Resch?
                    Or will season ticket holders get first crack?
                    Don't remember that being the case in 2006.
                    Keep an eye on Ticket Star Online (http://www.ticketstaronline.com)
                    That's the online ticketing service for the Resch Center and other PMI Entertainment Events in Green Bay.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Because Wisconsin told NMU to go pound sand, they weren't ever bussing to the Berry Center. NMU worked out an agreement to use the Resch Center as a "neutral" venue allowing Wisco to stay in-state, and allow NMU to reap the benefits of being a home team in an 8,000+ seat arena. NMU also uses the Resch Center games as an alumni function, and marketing for general campus student recruitment. What better way to get the University's name out in central Wisconsin than hosting a hockey game versus the home-state Badgers.

Don't remember that being the case in 2006.
                      Keep an eye on Ticket Star Online (http://www.ticketstaronline.com)
                      That's the online ticketing service for the Resch Center and other PMI Entertainment Events in Green Bay.
                      Don't know if your "pound sand" idea is reality. Walt Kyle and the guy that runs the Resch worked together with the Anaheim Ducks and saw the opportunity to play Wisconsin at the Resch as a way to raise some funds. The series will continue well beyond this season. Besides, just what would the Badgers stand to gain by playing in Marquette in an even trade of games? If you were the Badgers would you make that deal? I probably wouldn't.
                      Last edited by davyd83; 04-11-2012, 09:16 PM.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Don't know if your "pound sand" idea is reality. Walt Kyle and the guy that runs the Resch worked together with the Anaheim Ducks and saw the opportunity to play Wisconsin at the Resch as a way to raise some funds. The series will continue well beyond this season.
                        How are the Ducks involved with it? It may partially be pound sand if WI refused to make the return but who cares if you get more funds? You have to find innovative ways to grow the $$$

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          How are the Ducks involved with it?
                          Because Walt and the guy that runs the Resch worked together in Anaheim. The Ducks weren't involved in the deal.

Comment

Dumb question about the Resch Center.... Would a Packer home game have any effect on dates at the Resch? Planning on Green Bay anyways, but the Packers are gonna host Jacksonville this season as well... I'm hoping to hit all 3 games in the same weekend...

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if I should just book a room now and let the rest figure itself out... I'm sure a Packer game at Lambeau would make that weekend a C-F for those of us coming from out of town....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Book the room now. If there does happen to be a Packers game, the closest hotel for that weekend would be in Waukeegan, IL.

You can always cancel if something happens between now and then.

And DavyD, I may have over-simplified by stating the pound-sand, but there was no way Wisconsin was ever returning to MQT unless NMU re-joined the WCHA before the B1G formed. NMU did find a way to work an agreement out that satisfied both parties. As we both noted.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X