• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012-2013 schedules

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Ferris State schedule released today:

http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s...12-13/schedule
    Since the BC-Notre Dame football game is being played in Chestnut Hill, I'm guessing that the hockey game (if it occurs) will also be played at BC. With that in mind, the "where" of all games involving a CCHA team, except the potential Miami-Providence series, are known.
    Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

PC is going to Miami..not sure on the dates but my guess would be prior to mid-November

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Ferris State schedule released today:

http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/s...12-13/schedule
        This also includes who plays who in the Florida College Classic. We should be close to being able to start making educated guesses on who plays when.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
          PC is going to Miami..not sure on the dates but my guess would be prior to mid-November
          Oct 26 and 27
          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Based on the schedules that are out, Notre Dame can only play BC and NU the same weekend (November 9-10), so am guessing it's a one game visit between each and ND. Someone had earlier speculated on ND playing BC the weekend of 11/9 given that they are playing football that weekend. Someone (else?) speculated on ND playing NU the following weekend (for 2 games I assume), but that can't work given the weekends left and the rest of ND's league play and the few teams left available for ND to play.

Given what's known, ND has to play LSSU 11/30-12/1 and OSU 2/1-2. The real unknown is the weekend of November 16-17. Both Michigan and ND have home football games and that's about the only (other) weekend ND can squeeze Michigan in (given that they play them twice this season). I am assuming they will play Michigan for the 2nd series in February. I suppose those November games could be Thursday-Friday.
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Have to believe that Niagara will play a Canadian team in an exhibition after their opener since they are so close to the border. Maybe this is the year they play 2 games up in Canada later in the season. Their other NC game could possibly be at home against Quinnipiac or Northeastern or on the road at Lowell. I think Lowell sometimes hosts a NC game over the Thanksgiving weekend. Those 3 teams are possible return games. If none of those work out UAH may get another game.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                Have to believe that Niagara will play a Canadian team in an exhibition after their opener since they are so close to the border. Maybe this is the year they play 2 games up in Canada later in the season. Their other NC game could possibly be at home against Quinnipiac or Northeastern or on the road at Lowell. I think Lowell sometimes hosts a NC game over the Thanksgiving weekend. Those 3 teams are possible return games. If none of those work out UAH may get another game.
                Lowell isn't playing Niagara this year. Lowell's NC opponents are @DU, @CC, @Clarkson x2, Bentley, Princeton, @Harvard
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Lowell isn't playing Niagara this year. Lowell's NC opponents are @DU, @CC, @Clarkson x2, Bentley, Princeton, @Harvard
                  That's a conflict with the Atlantic Hockey schedule that has UML playing Bentley twice: Oct. 13 at UML and Dec 30 at Bentley. Do you have dates for the Princeton and Harvard games?

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                    That's a conflict with the Atlantic Hockey schedule that has UML playing Bentley twice: Oct. 13 at UML and Dec 30 at Bentley. Do you have dates for the Princeton and Harvard games?
                    No, I don't have those yet, but Lowell is only playing Bentley once - at home on October 13.
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

From the UAH thread, some non-exempt exhibitions against D-III teams (all four games are home for UAH):

12/07 Finlandia
                      12/08 Finlandia
                      01/04 Adrian College
                      01/05 Adrian College

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                        Based on the schedules that are out, Notre Dame can only play BC and NU the same weekend (November 9-10), so am guessing it's a one game visit between each and ND. Someone had earlier speculated on ND playing BC the weekend of 11/9 given that they are playing football that weekend. Someone (else?) speculated on ND playing NU the following weekend (for 2 games I assume), but that can't work given the weekends left and the rest of ND's league play and the few teams left available for ND to play.

Given what's known, ND has to play LSSU 11/30-12/1 and OSU 2/1-2. The real unknown is the weekend of November 16-17. Both Michigan and ND have home football games and that's about the only (other) weekend ND can squeeze Michigan in (given that they play them twice this season). I am assuming they will play Michigan for the 2nd series in February. I suppose those November games could be Thursday-Friday.
                        There are a couple more weekends open in common for LSSU and ND (I'm not counting traditional NC weekends), so I'm not going to pencil these in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          There are a couple more weekends open in common for LSSU and ND (I'm not counting traditional NC weekends), so I'm not going to pencil these in yet.
                          That's okay, except that they have to schedule 2 weekends with UM and 2 with WMU, so given whose available when, LSSU and OSU have to be those weekends. Stranger things have happened, though...
                          "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                            That's okay, except that they have to schedule 2 weekends with UM and 2 with WMU, so given whose available when, LSSU and OSU have to be those weekends. Stranger things have happened, though...
                            I didn't see that being prefaced. At least I'll have some free time this weekend so I can investigate all of this.

Comment

Back in the 90's, BU played Clarkson and St Lawrence over Thanksgiving weekend. I think BC was travel partner for that. Since then single games other than one Cornell two-fer.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

OK, some CCHA predictions to make, please note this is just speculation and is not for certain when they play, but good guesses:

I think we can safely say that Miami plays tOSU March 1st/2nd (location unknown).
                                Notre Dame and Miami will likely play on February 15th.

Let's start with what JJfP found for Notre Dame:
                                There's only 4 possible weekends for 4 games with Michigan and West. ND will likely play West the weekend of November 3rd, and play Michigan the weekend of Nov 17th. February 9th and 23rd weekends will be either either or the other, but those are the only remaining dates. Therefore, ND MUST play TOSU on the weekend of February 2nd (assuming it's a weekend). ND then has 2 possible weekends open with LSSU: Dec 1st or Dec 29th.
                                The only other possible assumption I can see thus far is with Western. Playing Michigan on the weekend of Oct 27th looks like a distinct possibility, mainly because it's a naked pair. Granted, there four other weekends to have 1-2 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X