Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Doubt BC has any room for him either, though I do know they are holding a schollie for Alexander Kerfoot of the BCHL who is supposed to be the second coming of Ben Eaves.
    Does he decide to play at one of his other final three choices (NU, Providence)?
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Couldn't agree more, as he's got a wicked wrist shot, but just doesn't seem to use it much. I could easily see him scoring 12-15 goals next year.
      he needs to score a lot more than the 12-15 range for us.......as well as for him, IMO. He came on at the end but i think we were expecting more from him this year. He disappeared for middle third (at least) of the schedule. He is a #2 NHL pick, FWIW

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        he needs to score a lot more than the 12-15 range for us.......as well as for him, IMO. He came on at the end but i think we were expecting more from him this year. He disappeared for middle third (at least) of the schedule. He is a #2 NHL pick, FWIW
        I'd be happy with 15; and he was actually a 1st Rd draft pick.

Comment

I'd be happy with 15; and he was actually a 1st Rd draft pick.
          yup, my bad, I still think he needs to stay and give us close to 20. Was it with Jimmy that Jerry said he thought should have stayed another year? If so, what does that say about Kevin? who is behind what his brother was at the same stage.............

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            Kurker isn't going to BU
            He's not going to Brown either
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
              Is there a reason why BC and Bowling Green don't schedule a game, given Jerry York's ties to both schools?
              They have in the past but with HE having 27 games + 2 OOC in the Beanpot, it doesn't leave much room considering Jerry loves really testing his players in OOC.

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              So are Hayes/Alber really leaving, or was that a Twitter prank?
              Over reaction on twitter, would be shocked about Alber as he isn't drafted. Let him get top 4 minutes next year to showcase his talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                From Patrick Brown's twitter:
                *****https://p.twimg.com/AqDF4eQCIAATK8q.jpg******

Epic.
                What's the one on the far left? Icebreaker Trophy? It would be even more impressive if they had won GLI.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  We're gonna need more goals from hayes. He needs to be a little more selfish and shoot the puck more. No doubt this was a decent/solid year for him though. Just needs to be a little more aggressive/assertive IMO.
                  I wouldn't call it so much "selfish," as I would call it sensible. A lot of times, the correct play would have been to shoot. He had some great looks, and just took too long with it, trying to make that perfect pass. It never seemed to develop the way he would want.

But when he did shoot the puck-- man can he fire it! The goal vs. Minnesota in the semis and the goal vs. Denver in the home opener (which is on the highlight film from BCeagles.com) are ones that come to mind. I bet there were others as well.

Comment

I take it next year's uniforms will have a fifth star at the base of the neck. Love that.

Thoughts on captains?
                    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

C: Mullane
                      A: Alber
                      A: Wey

Comment

My Awards:

MVP: Milner
                        Best dman: Dumoulin
                        Best typifies BC hockey: Cross
                        ROTY: Gaudreau
                        Unsung: Carey
                        Most Improved: Almeida

Comment

if that happens, imagine Alber, a former walk on, being a senior asst captain on the BC Hockey team?

My Awards:

Most Improved: Almeida
                          can't argue with any of those
                          Last edited by sterlippo1; 04-10-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

My Awards:

Most Improved: MacLeod
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I know he'd only be a junior but from what I see and hear about Arnold, I'd give him a decent shot at the C or at least an A.

I'd also consider him to maybe share the Best Typifies BC Hockey Award with Cross.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm not sure on next year, but I wouldn't be shocked if Arnold got an A

Edit: D a m n you Nick

Comment

Working...
                                X