Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

York podcast. Haven't had chance to listen to it yet so not sure if it has much new although I didn't know that he started at Clarkson right when freshmen were first allowed to play varsity. There is a transcript as well, but it clearly hasn't been copy edited - Cory Schneider was turned into Corey Snyder. (You'd think they'd bother looking that one up just to know the proper way of spelling Cory. Beyond lazy.) - http://bit.ly/JYpRS

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
    HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
    HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post
      The BU sign was on the Eastbound side of the Pike entering Boston. The BC sign is Westbound entering Newton. I guess the State has settled that argument once and for all.
      Sing along to the tune of "luv yer blue" (Houston oilers fight song)

Newton College
      Newton College
      Newton College number 1!
      -da dadadadadada..
      Newton College
      Newton College
      Newton College number 1!!!!!

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Roy is a completely different situation than gaudreau. I'm hoping bc isn't involved here.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
          Cory Schneider was turned into Corey Snyder. (You'd think they'd bother looking that one up just to know the proper way of spelling Cory. Beyond lazy.) - http://bit.ly/JYpRS
          LOL... I once spelled Cory with an 'e' on these threads.
          I'll not make that mistake again.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Roy is a completely different situation than gaudreau. I'm hoping bc isn't involved here.
            Im very interested to know why you say that. Im guessing the Ducks sat him down at prospect camp last week and said, if you want to play in the NHL, playing at Brown is the worst scenario. They could've said listen go play in the Q for a year or two and sign with us or go play at BC or BU, under great coaches, get bigger and better and come play. Probably took a week to think about it and then we get this decision. But we'll see where he ends up both BC and BU have goalies coming in this year, and I know Roy wants to play with his brother so who knows at this point. But why do you want to stay away from him, he's a great player and fits the BC mold.
            Last edited by sigx15; 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM.

Comment

BC has an incoming goalie? Please tell me you are mistaken. There are 3 returning unless Barone has left.

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Just listened to the podcast. York says he's pushing for a Brian Gionta statue to go along w/ Flutie. Of course the transcript says Brian Johnson. At least it didn't say Bryan Johnson.

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by mwade View Post
                  BC has an incoming goalie? Please tell me you are mistaken. There are 3 returning unless Barone has left.
                  My bad you're right, I meant they already have 3the goalies on the roster.

Comment

Interesting and informative read on the Kevin Roy recruitin battle from a Wisconsin Badger blog. A lot of it is speculation especially the Wisconsin aspect but a good read nonetheless. http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012...-roy#storyjump

Mike McMahon of CHN is also reporting he's hearing Northeastern and UVM are the leaders as well.

Comment

Sig, to be clear...I don't have anything against roy nor do I have any sources on the matter. You very well could be right about this being put into motion by the team that drafted him. If that's the case and it's a situation where roy sought other suitors, I hope bc is interested.

If it's a case where a school or multiple schools tampered, I hope bc isn't one of them.

Comment

O ok now I see what you meant. If that's the case I agree. I highly doubt BC was involved and would want to have any part in it. I also don't believe it could be considered "tampering" by NCAA rules if there was any credence to that, because he never signed a NLI.

Comment

Happy Birthday Coach Jerry York! .............and thanks

http://instagram.com/p/NgalyhAMQ0/

Comment

Just a few (I deleted about half the my search results) images of York from 05-06 season to date - http://bit.ly/BChcJY

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

The kid says Roy to BC isn't happening btw

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                                The kid says Roy to BC isn't happening btw
                                what position is he? i read y'all alluded to goalies... he's not a goalie, is he?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X