X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Not sure what prompted that, given the best attendance in the league, multiple sellouts, and a student section that for the last 4-5 years has been incredible...
    for those of us who don't tweet, what did it say? can you copy and past the comments here?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      for those of us who don't tweet, what did it say? can you copy and past the comments here?
      That means that BC official sports news published that pic of Kreider, John Muse commented on it by saying "just another sellout."

Means to me that Muse was disappointed in the fan support at BC. Or maybe he was being sarcastic. Dunno.

Edit: Could also refer to Kreider as a sellout for leaving early.
      Last edited by Zudnic; 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM.
      Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
        Means to me that Muse was disappointed in the fan support at BC.
        I really don't get it. We could build a tiny arena and have 2/3 the fans we have now at games and somehow that would be better support.
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
          I heard BC was raising ticket prices because their budget has been depleted by hanging all of those "BC 20XX National Champions" signs on the Mass Pike. Seriously I drive by it twice a day. It's stuck on 2010. So two years ago.
          The funny thing is that the Mass Pike runs a whole lot closer to BU than it does to BC. But if your frame of reference is the Mass Pike and what the signs say, BU has never won anything. Ever. In the history of the universe.
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Zudnic View Post
            That means that BC official sports news published that pic of Kreider, John Muse commented on it by saying "just another sellout."

Means to me that Muse was disappointed in the fan support at BC. Or maybe he was being sarcastic. Dunno.

Edit: Could also refer to Kreider as a sellout for leaving early.
            It was about the fact that the lower bowl seats visible in the image were pretty much empty and it was 100% about fan support and had zero to do with Kreider. Things did improve last season, especially upstairs, but lower bowl was still very disappointing at a lot of games last year and very disappointing was pretty much the rule for Muse's four years. Tickets being sold doesn't equal asses in the seats, but it is asses in the seats that the players see.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
            HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
            HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
              The funny thing is that the Mass Pike runs a whole lot closer to BU than it does to BC. But if your frame of reference is the Mass Pike and what the signs say, BU has never won anything. Ever. In the history of the universe.
              Pretty sure BU had a sign after 2009.

HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                bu's were removed after bc won and had their sign put up. bu later auctioned off the signs to raise money to support the athletic department.

i guess since no other school was putting up a 2011 sign bc got to keep their 2010 up.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                  It was about the fact that the lower bowl seats visible in the image were pretty much empty and it was 100% about fan support and had zero to do with Kreider. Things did improve last season, especially upstairs, but lower bowl was still very disappointing at a lot of games last year and very disappointing was pretty much the rule for Muse's four years. Tickets being sold doesn't equal asses in the seats, but it is asses in the seats that the players see.
                  after i read what TTT20 explained i figured it was about those seats.Melissa is spot on here IMO. Hey, we all know most if not all empty seats down in the lower bowl are Alumni who buy season tickets and don't show up except for the BU game(s) and for some, not even then. Sure, it reflects negatively but it seems to me that the lower bowls in most of the arena's i've been to always have empty seats in the same basic area and probably for the same reason. Muse is right btw but is a bit surprising he said that because he must have known how much attendance has improved especially and specifically during his four years, and he's one of the reasons...........
                  Last edited by sterlippo1; 07-21-2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    Hey, we all know most if not all empty seats down in the lower bowl are Alumni who buy season tickets and don't show up except for the BU game(s) and for some, not even then. Sure, it reflects negatively but it seems to me that the lower bowls in most of the arena's i've been to always have empty seats in the same basic area and probably for the same reason. Muse is right btw but is a bit surprising he said that because he must have known how much attendance has improved especially and specifically during his four years, and he's one of the reasons...........
                    I agree with this, but calling out the Superfans is BS. The students have been fantastic since like '08 or '09.

How about we don't b!+¢# about the people who *don't* care (the ones sterlippo mentioned, the ones in the lower bowl, which honestly are mostly seats that BC probably holds and gives to corporate donors who don't give a $#!+, in addition to other rich season ticket holders who only use their seats for big games, which is exactly the same thing other schools do). It's a slap in the face to those of us who do.

Let's stop acting all hipster like we feel like we *should* be complaining about fan support. It's not perfect, no, and can always improve, but it is much better than in the past, especially in the student sections, which are ALWAYS full behind the nets for every game regardless of opponent. The relatively few problems we have are the same ones shared by every team in this conference. Enough.

And Melissa, this is discussed ad nauseum in every BC/BU thread ever started, ever, but BC counts tickets scanned, not tickets sold, when counting attendance.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I agree with this, but calling out the Superfans is BS. The students have been fantastic since like '08 or '09.

How about we don't b!+¢# about the people who *don't* care (the ones sterlippo mentioned, the ones in the lower bowl, which honestly are mostly seats that BC probably holds and gives to corporate donors who don't give a $#!+, in addition to other rich season ticket holders who only use their seats for big games, which is exactly the same thing other schools do). It's a slap in the face to those of us who do.

Let's stop acting all hipster like we feel like we *should* be complaining about fan support. It's not perfect, no, and can always improve, but it is much better than in the past, especially in the student sections, which are ALWAYS full behind the nets for every game regardless of opponent. The relatively few problems we have are the same ones shared by every team in this conference. Enough.

And Melissa, this is discussed ad nauseum in every BC/BU thread ever started, ever, but BC counts tickets scanned, not tickets sold, when counting attendance.
                      Student attendance went way up last season (AFTER Muse), but it wasn't full for every game much less for entire games during his tenure and until this season never came close to the noise made at some other HE schools (note - part of that is this season I now have students above/behind me so I don't know how much the ends have improved their volume or how greatly what they can hear has increased.

There is nothing hipster about me. I praised attendance/students numerous times this season, but don't remember much occasion to do so previously. I know you've been to other rinks so I'm not sure why you are so convinced that BC had great student support during Muse's years.

You seem to date it being good to your time at BC, but honestly earlier it was better (louder) when that kid would run around. A player's cousin?? Can't remember. Must be grown now.
                      Last edited by mwade; 07-21-2012, 05:00 PM.

HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by mwade View Post
                        Student attendance went way up last season (AFTER Muse), but it wasn't full for every game much less for entire games during his tenure and until this season never came close to the noise made at some other HE schools (note - part of that is this season I now have students above/behind me so I don't know how much the ends have improved their volume or how greatly what they can hear has increased.

There is nothing hipster about me. I praised attendance/students numerous times this season, but don't remember much occasion to do so previously. I know you've been to other rinks so I'm not sure why you are so convinced that BC had great student support during Muse's years.

You seem to date it being good to your time at BC, but honestly earlier it was better (louder) when that kid would run around. A player's cousin?? Can't remember. Must be grown now.
                        Bobby Allen. Those days were great
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I'm not convinced until we get a visit from The BC Attendance Expert aka Brian Gentry.

Of course he's busy worrying about what the task force at BU will find from having rapists from the hockey team run wild over on their end of Comm Ave but perhaps he can find some time for this.

(summers after BC wins a national title are so boring)
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

(summers after BC wins a national tRitle are so boring)

The noise meter says its as loud as bapst library in here!
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Kevin Roy has decommitted from Brown. Very interested to see what will happen next, rumors were he was looking at BC and BU a while back. Would cite sources but on my phone but its all over twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by mwade View Post
                                Pretty sure BU had a sign after 2009.
                                The BU sign was on the Eastbound side of the Pike entering Boston. The BC sign is Westbound entering Newton. I guess the State has settled that argument once and for all.
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X