Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Is it possible Mr. and Mrs. Kreider fibbed a little bit when you asked them so it wouldn't get posted all over the internet?
    nothing to do with his parents

end result, who cares. he didnt sign. there was nothing to offer, max contract is max contract

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      opinions vary. Zero offers last year. Ask if interested? yes . Offers? nope.

No such thing as 110%
      60% of the game is physical. The other half is mental
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Just a random thought: What's it like playing for Jerry York and Tortorella in the same season? A slight contrast in coaching styles??
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
          Just a random thought: What's it like playing for Jerry York and Tortorella in the same season? A slight contrast in coaching styles??
          Yeah, I commented on that to the ladyfriend during his first game where I saw Torts go into one of his f bomb laced diatribes -slight difference in how they go about their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            60% of the game is physical. The other half is mental
            Good point Yogi....

Comment

Pat Mullane Captain , Whitney and Wey A's
              Like the group. Mullane is a great kid and will be a great captain.

Comment

The more I hear about Kreider the more I'm proud he was an Eagle.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                  I played street hockey with Torts in Concord, MA. He and I were in the same high-school class at Concord-Carlisle. Unhappily, I was always the goalie and although I was reasonably good that orange ball always left bruises.
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

do you think any fanboy can even watch these games? they wont stop talking about kreider and BC. they even talk about brown and cavanaugh now.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

do you think any fanboy can even watch these games? they wont stop talking about kreider and BC. they even talk about brown and cavanaugh now.
                      Can they even watch the playoffs? Albert & Pierre went on another BC monologue talking about Harrold & Gionta last night.

Comment

An even tougher pill to swallow for the fanboys that like the NYR. Drury's rapid decline (production/health problems) over the past two years left his NYR tenure leaving a lot of people unsatisfied given the value of his contract and Boyle/Kreider step in and take all the thunder and the team starts rolling.

Anyway, enough with the fanboys.

Congrats to Mullane, Wey, Whitney for being voted captains by the team. Tremendous honor and I'm sure they'll do a great job.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          An even tougher pill to swallow for the fanboys that like the NYR. Drury's rapid decline (production/health problems) over the past two years left his NYR tenure leaving a lot of people unsatisfied given the value of his contract and Boyle/Kreider step in and take all the thunder and the team starts rolling.

Anyway, enough with the fanboys.

Congrats to Mullane, Wey, Whitney for being voted captains by the team. Tremendous honor and I'm sure they'll do a great job.
                          I'm really happy with the choice of Mullane for captain. Did anyone else think someone else should have earned the C?
                          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

This NYR fan is very glad to have Kreider. I was skeptical he would be ready to play in the postseason, with all it entails, but have been proven wrong. He's been legit through the games he's played so far. Super happy to have him.
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Congrats to Pat Mullane, Patrick Wey and Steven Whitney on being named the captains. Especially to Mullane. I've seen how he interacts with kids getting autographs after games. He is so accomodating to them. Actually talks to them and asks them questions about themselves. I've also never seen someone give/receive more hugs and pats on the head from the opposition, in the handshake lines. He seems to be very well liked by his peers.

Hopefully these three guys can lead BC to breaking the four year win total, set by the 2001 class (117). They are at 92 over the last three years (compared to 60 for BU).

Comment

• Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                                I'm really happy with the choice of Mullane for captain. Did anyone else think someone else should have earned the C?
                                He'd be my first choice followed by Arnold who may be next

Comment

Working...
                                X