Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Off-Season Thread: 2012 National Champions

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Not a great example as Carey led the USHL in goals.... USHL is a step+ above BCHL
    My point is that players are by no means finished products when they step on campus, Matt Lombardi would've been a better example.

Comment

Still national champs?

Yup, still national champs

Comment

it's still surreal.................and after that , for us older Eagles, we no longer have to look down the street and feel envious for we are at this point in time the preeminent college hockey program in the country, hands down. The 5th NC was the clincher, IMO. We needed to have that despite the crazy numbers over the past 15 years, it's all about NC's

Comment

Watching that video will never get old.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
            Yes this exactly. Grandfather, John McMullen, moved the Devils from Colorado and owned them for 30 yrs as well as the Houston Astros for 15yrs, father, Peter Sr., graduate of BC is now exec vp of Devils. Peter Jr. played at Delbarton and excelled but wasn't best player on team and was told he could come walk on at BC after a year of juniors. He was originally supposed to play in USHL but moved on to BCHL's vernon Vipers, who traded him to Langley Riverman, because the player he had replaced was returning from injury. Don't see him having much of an impact unless injuries.
            York must have saw something while watching him play when he was scouting the Malden Catholic player(s) and CM games. He had his best year at senior year when he switched over to center. He does have size which should help the smaller forwards on his line that BC typically recruits.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              The 5th NC was the clincher, IMO. We needed to have that despite the crazy numbers over the past 15 years, it's all about NC's
              Wow, how expectations have changed. Older Eagles were happy with HE Championships and Beanpots. Jerry bursts on the scene, takes the program to "heights" unseen, now its all about NC's. This fan base cracks me up. Was it all about NC's when the program hadn't won one since 1949? Must have been miserable times with expectations set on NC's and waiting 52 years to get one.

Instead of setting monumental expectations on the program, just say thank you and consider yourselves the most fortunate college hockey fan base in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                Wow, how expectations have changed. Older Eagles were happy with HE Championships and Beanpots. Jerry bursts on the scene, takes the program to "heights" unseen, now its all about NC's. This fan base cracks me up. Was it all about NC's when the program hadn't won one since 1949? Must have been miserable times with expectations set on NC's and waiting 52 years to get one.

Instead of setting monumental expectations on the program, just say thank you and consider yourselves the most fortunate college hockey fan base in the country.
                well, yeah, expectations have changed, is that hard to comprehend? Older Eagles didn't have Hockey East, but whatever. Yes, to answer your question, it WAS about national championships then as well since the drought was so long it became almost an obsession for us, to finally win another one and not have 1949 shouted at us by BU fans................not sure how old you are but, yes, for the better part of 30 years, it WAS miserable.......... Monumental expectations? yes, shouldn't we have them? sheesh................and one more thing, we are the most fortunate college fan base in the country, NOW, not 20-50 years ago .............and i can speak for others here, we ARE thankful to Jerry York and his staff, who said we weren't?

Comment

I was re-watching the season recap video - I didn't remember that after 'the long bus ride home from Orono' that the team wore golds versus UNH - which was the beginning of the end of losing this season. Those golds were apparently really powerful.

And after re-watching the video - I agree with claver - yep, still national champions.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamBC View Post
                    I was re-watching the season recap video - I didn't remember that after 'the long bus ride home from Orono' that the team wore golds versus UNH - which was the beginning of the end of losing this season. Those golds were apparently really powerful.

And after re-watching the video - I agree with claver - yep, still national champions.
                    thanks for posting. now with video evidence, we can definitely say the gold jersies are atleast 10-0

fenway 2-1
                    UNH 4-3
                    beanpot 7-1
                    beanpot 3-2
                    vermont 4-0
                    maine 4-1
                    air force 2-0
                    umd 4-0
                    minn 6-1
                    ferris 4-1

only games unaccounted for in video above are away games at mc, uvm, unh, and first game at maine. assume these are only home alternates though.

10-0, 40-10 goal differential, 3 shutouts, and 3 trophies

(not counting RS title)

not bad
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Yes... expectations have changed. Like the team, some of the fan base follows the lead of Jerry York. His 'monumental' expectations, and the goals of the team are to win trophies in every tournament they play in.

FWIW, I expected the 2010-'11 team to win the NC (and they layed an egg in round 1).
                      I had no expectation at all of the 2011-'12 Eagles winning a NC... until they really started to gel in the latter part of the season. I wouldn't have been upset if they had lost it in the end, but I sure would have felt bad for the team because they played so exceptionally well over the latter part of the season.
                      Expectations of the 2012-'13 Eagles? None right now, but I expect them to compete for trophies. This is a Jerry York coached team, so anything can happen. Either way, they'll be fun to watch.

Rather sad, imo, the "Older Eagles were happy with HE Championships and Beanpots." Perhaps they should have had loftier goals.
                      Personally though, I don't think that's true. I just think it's you being an asshat.

Why is it your always telling everybody what to do and how to feel? Be a leader Kenny... write that 'thank you' letter and post it here.
                      Last edited by FiveHole12; 04-22-2012, 09:24 PM.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

You're a dope.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Rather sad, imo, the "Older Eagles were happy with HE Championships and Beanpots." Perhaps they should have had loftier goals.
                          Personally though, I don't think that's true. I just think it's you being an asshat.

Why is it your always telling everybody what to do and how to feel? Be a leader Kenny... write that 'thank you' letter and post it here.
                          Well said. Bravo.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

FWIW, I expected the 2010-'11 team to win the NC (and they layed an egg in round 1).

Same.

I had no expectation at all of the 2011-'12 Eagles winning a NC... until they really started to gel in the latter part of the season.
                            Same.

Expectations of the 2012-'13 Eagles? None right now, but I expect them to compete for trophies.
                            This.

Exactly, if our fanbase had a desire to be the best in other sports, we wouldn't be saddled with Napoleon and his puppet Spaz.

Comment

Older Eagles were happy with HE Championships and Beanpots.
                              i don't want to beat a dead horse but not sure where you got this from? are you speaking for yourself here?

Comment

Kenny

Kenny

Kenny

You suck!

At life.

And posting.

It's all your fault. It's all your fault. It's all your fault.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X