Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If your best players hadn't gone pro, would your team beat BC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If your best players hadn't gone pro, would your team beat BC?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Re: If your best players hadn't gone pro, would your team beat BC?

How 'bout if the hadn't gotten arrested?
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      BC couldn't beat BC even with Cam Atkinson and Jimmy Hayes, who left to go pro.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Phew...thankfully this wasn't started by a BC fan. FWIW, bc could also have cam atkinson and jimmy hayes.

Bomber, even with the naughty boys and coyle...I don't think bu would beat this bc team (post sweep at maine).

Comment

UND could bring back Parise, Bochenski, Stafford, Toews, Greene, Oshie, Frattin and Duncan they still couldn't beat BC.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Then you'd have to include BC's players that left early too, like Cam Atkinson who had 31 goals last year and who by the way had a hattrick last night for Columbus and Jimmy Hayes who had 21 goals last year. At full strength, I think BC would take any other team who was also at full strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              UND could bring back Parise, Bochenski, Stafford, Toews, Greene, Oshie, Frattin and Duncan they still couldn't beat BC.
              Wow. I mean that. Wow.

And my answer would still be no. BC is a buzzsaw.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes. UMD is a different team with Mike Connolly.
                How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

My team--Denver--did beat BC, on the road, 4-2, to open the season.
                  sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    I think we'd stand a good shot with Roloson in net, yes.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                      You're making a mistake by using an early season BC game. In any season.
                      National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                      two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                      b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

This is a vague and incomplete premise.

To be fair, as eluded to, doesn't BC get Atkinson and Hayes back? I mean, they have ten players with 24+ pointsbefore adding those two guys who would beat out Kreider and Gaudreau as their top scorers.

And how about timing. Are we talking about: If they played tomorrow night, coming off 18 straight wins, while BC's mindframe is prepping to play for a NC ... or during a dog day stretch in January?

If that's the scenario. A game tomorrow night, off this win streak, Jerry York preparing a team to play for the marbles and this BC team gets Atkinson and Hayes back...you're going to be hard pressed to find another team, players of their own back or not, who I would put my chips on over the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by UMDbulldogs#1 View Post
                          Yes. UMD is a different team with Mike Connolly.
                          Bwahahahaha.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post

They lost seven games this year, I don't think invincibility was implied.

2 of those 7 losses were to Maine. But if BC gets Atkinson and Hayes back...and Maine is playing them tomorrow night, with Gustav Nyquist back....and there is a cash prize on the line for guessing right..... I'll root for my team but I'm not completely foolish.

Would you bet the house on DU if they squared off tomorrow night?

Edit: They also lost twice to UMass! Are you going to take your chances with the Minutemen?!
                            Last edited by TripleE; 04-06-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Cam atkinson + jimmy hayes > mike connolly

Hell, even if it was simply adding mike connolly to the regional final game this year, I think bc still wins.

Comment

Working...
                              X