Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If your best players hadn't gone pro, would your team beat BC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: If your best players hadn't gone pro, would your team beat BC?

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    You call losing Juniors and Seniors a problem?? Really??? Try losing 20 or so players before their junior year (many one and dones and Okposo mid-season) ina 3-year time frame.
    If Minnesota's tradition is so great and being a Gopher is such an honor, why are so many kids leaving mid-season, after one year and after two years? Envy indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
      I realize you are an abortion at math, but you didn't lose 20 players before their junior year in any 3 year period. Are you a liar or just unable to count?
      Yeah we did. And no, none of the players would have helped this year, but when you have to bring guys in early because other guys bailed early, it has a cumulative effect that takes a while to straighten out. Ness, for instance, never should have came in as early as he did.

Minnesota's team this year was talented, but young. 14/16 top scorers are returning (or should). Something like 75-80% of their goals. And they didn't have a single senior on their blue line. One junior. The rest underclassmen. So this year they probably over-achieved a little ahead of what should be their best shot. This season.

Comment

And I know one thing...if my team went about a decade without a title and another program won three titles in that stretch, I'd sure as hell have the balls to say I was envious of that program FOR THAT PARTICULAR TIME PERIOD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          A lot must be because that was really bad and not funny. But then again I just said it doesn't matter what you think so I may have just developped my own catch 22. Hmmm....
          Funny wasn't probably what I meant. Just an incredibly low blow that came out of left field and was therefore surprising.

I appreciate the well timed (and even ill-advised) low blow from time to time. I'm flawed that way and that was pretty low, even for Dirty.

Someone dying is never funny, so apologies for implying that dying is funny. The timing within the context of this stupid ****ing match was what I found funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Yeah we did.
            name them
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              And I know one thing...if my team went about a decade without a title and another program won three titles in that stretch, I'd sure as hell have the balls to say I was envious of that program FOR THAT PARTICULAR TIME PERIOD.
              I don't envy programs that import as much talent as your program does. Simple as that. We clearly value different things. You like winning at all costs, and I like to see my team win while upholding it's traditions. I understand that college hockey is changing, and I may need to accept the fact that even we might need to look more out of state for talent because of competition for players. However, I will never accept a Gopher squad that doesn't have at least 25/27 players from this country and at least 20/27 players from in-state.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                I don't envy programs that import as much talent as your program does. Simple as that. We clearly value different things. You like winning at all costs, and I like to see my team win while upholding it's traditions. I understand that college hockey is changing, and I may need to accept the fact that even we might need to look more out of state for talent because of competition for players. However, I will never accept a Gopher squad that doesn't have at least 25/27 players from this country and at least 20/27 players from in-state.
                You've never had sex, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  You've never had sex, have you?
                  he's saving himself for goldy

Comment

Importing Europeans is worse than having two/three Canadian players.

Comment

Funny wasn't probably what I meant. Just an incredibly low blow that came out of left field and was therefore surprising.

I appreciate the well timed (and even ill-advised) low blow from time to time. I'm flawed that way and that was pretty low, even for Dirty.

Someone dying is never funny, so apologies for implying that dying is funny. The timing within the context of this stupid ****ing match was what I found funny.
                      Well said. Wow I think this thread really is unifying us because yet another person I rarely agree with and it's happened twice already today.

For the record I don't really believe anyone thought the subject really was funny but given the tone of this thread and the opportunity to take my low blow at you, couldn't pass up the opportunity. But after all is done we can shake hands and.... wait.... oh, you're not from NoDak so it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        For the record I don't really believe anyone thought the subject really was funny but given the tone of this thread and the opportunity to take my low blow at you, couldn't pass up the opportunity. But after all is done we can shake hands and.... wait.... oh, you're not from NoDak so it's all good.
                        I should have expressed myself from the outset better. My jaw dropped when I read his post and that rarely happens. I like to be surprised/shocked, even with things that most would consider offensive.

As for the bolded, I hate all things Gopher at least twice as much as you hate the Sux. Seriously, maybe three times as much. All is far from good.
                        Last edited by Gurtholfin; 04-11-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

As for the bolded, I hate all things Gopher at least twice as much as you hate the Sux. Seriously, maybe three times as much. All is far from good.
                          Maybe, but don't worry. Badgers are still top of the hate list in my book too. In fact they are the one team which interactions with fans (in real life) have soured me to the point I actually won't allow myself to get over it. Whioux are always #2 but they were an easier target lately since they didn't suck quite as bad this year, so congratulations... I guess.

Comment

WIth the math and counting skills displayed in this thread, I look l like Einstein!

Xenophobia is fun...

And a Herb Brooks car crash joke?! You've out done yourself
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              As a UW fan (and as fans of UMI, UMN, UND, DU, and BU may also be feeling) given the history of achievements of my team, I'm not envious of BC's achievements but I sure has hell respect those achievements. What I most admire about the BC program that York has build is how consistently good the team is from season to season in spite of graduations and pro-signings.

Comment

Again, not historically. I specifically referred to a set time period and JDUBBS got his panties in a bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X