Frozen Four - 58 schools photo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Four - 58 schools photo question

Since I'm a Frozen Four ticket holder for the first time, I have some odd questions to ask.

1. Are sweaters from all D1 schools displayed on a wall every year, such as they have been this FF at the Forum? When did this tradition begin?

2. Related to that, I couldn't help notice the impressive representation from most of the 58 schools last night. Has there been any thought to getting a group photo that includes one fan from each? What's the best way pull it together ... social media? PA announcement? Host-school organizes it?

3. Is it worth the trouble?

4. Have any of you posters made an attempt to (at least mentally) check off every school as you walk around the facility? Has anyone ever seen at least one jersey from EVERY active D1 school worn at a single Frozen Four?

Thanks for reading this.

Re: Frozen Four - 58 schools photo question

Myself and friends kept track of all the jerseys we saw last year. Some saw them all. And I saw an AIC jersey at the Final Five.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Myself and friends kept track of all the jerseys we saw last year. Some saw them all. And I saw an AIC jersey at the Final Five.
      That AIC jersey was a glorious site to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Duder View Post
        Did it have the yellow jacket?!

Comment

I know the wall of jerseys was at the previous two Frozen Fours (St. Paul and Detroit)...don't know if it started in Detroit two years ago.
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            4. Have any of you posters made an attempt to (at least mentally) check off every school as you walk around the facility?
            Yes, on the back of the program.
            Originally posted by owslachief
            Has anyone ever seen at least one jersey from EVERY active D1 school worn at a single Frozen Four?
            Speaking for myself, no. I've gotten as close as 6 away from all D1 schools, but can add bonus points for seeing a UIC jersey in '08.
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Detroit is the first I recall having a display of all the jerseys.
              I love keeping track of what jerseys I've seen at the Frozen Four. Last year one of my friends printed up bingo cards to play "jersey bingo".
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Duder View Post
                "was"... did Dirty grab it or something?

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                  Did it have the yellow jacket?!
                  It DID!
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Last year one of my friends printed up bingo cards to play "jersey bingo".
                    That is an AWESOME idea.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Just curious... anyone see a Quinnipiac jersey in the crowd?
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Did they get a Providence jersey displayed this year? I remember hearing that there wasn't one last year.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          Did they get a Providence jersey displayed this year? I remember hearing that there wasn't one last year.
                          I saw several Providence jerseys Thursday. Mark, I'm 90% sure I remember seeing a Qpac jersey or 3. Saw 2 more SLU jerseys than my own.

Didn't see Colgate, Harvard, Dartmouth or Princeton for ECAC jerseys.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            Detroit is the first I recall having a display of all the jerseys.
                            I love keeping track of what jerseys I've seen at the Frozen Four. Last year one of my friends printed up bingo cards to play "jersey bingo".
                            That is an AWESOME idea.
                            I have to agree, despite myself.

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            I saw several Providence jerseys Thursday. Mark, I'm 90% sure I remember seeing a Qpac jersey or 3. Saw 2 more SLU jerseys than my own.

Didn't see Colgate, Harvard, Dartmouth or Princeton for ECAC jerseys.

Comment

Didn't somebody put a list together last year on the board?
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                              X