X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I understand. Again, no worries. There are few posters on the board that are really plugged in. We lost one (Puck Swami) to an insane poster before. I'd rather not see that happen again, you know?
    PS is cool-headed and well connected. And he still owes me a beer! He might be back, USCHO in his blood.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      PS is cool-headed and well connected. And he still owes me a beer! He might be back, USCHO in his blood.
      He will not be back, at least under his current name. Even in public life, he is not prone to revealing his identity. I was one of the lucky ones to meet him. He knows his sh*.

Anyway, here's to more like him and Hammy.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

He will not be back, at least under his current name. Even in public life, he is not prone to revealing his identity. I was one of the lucky ones to meet him. He knows his sh*.

Anyway, here's to more like him and Hammy.
        PS is in the Witness Protection Program!?

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          PS is in the Witness Protection Program!?
          Actually, that's an astute observation. He is realllllllly private.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Actually, that's an astute observation. He is realllllllly private.
            Well, he told me he wanted to meet at the F5 and "chew the fat" over a beer and discuss writing his book. So he can't be too private.

Comment

I'll start by profusely apologizing for going a bit off topic, but...

For those of you who are hoops fans, Mbakwe is coming back! Except for Sampson who spent much time on the pine...absolutely everyone is returning. Look out.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                ?

In the past, this score wasn't based on the outcome of the last game played, but the entire outlook of the team. You're talking about a D-man coming in with 92 points (and several other good recruits) and rumors that the one of the best players left in the country might stay another year and we're at 0%?

(That, and I had to get a post so I would have a tag on this thread...)
                So, where should I have it? 50? Or up with JDUBBS at 100% and handing them next years trophy before the season starts?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  So, where should I have it? 50? Or up with JDUBBS at 100% and handing them next years trophy before the season starts?
                  I'm certainly not drinking the coolaid that JDUBBS is drinking, but in all fairness, I would probably have them closer to 100% than 0%. Just sayin.
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    I'm certainly not drinking the coolaid that JDUBBS is drinking, but in all fairness, I would probably have them closer to 100% than 0%. Just sayin.
                    Fair enough. I'm starting at 75%. Any sudden departures or issues could set it back.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Fair enough. I'm starting at 75%. Any sudden departures or issues could set it back.
                      Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        I think we should consider doing this only for the Whioux and UMD's sake. They can't take another season like this past one. Just hand over the cup and we'll move on. Plus we will get to take the cup and run since we're gone after next year, right??? right???

Comment

Anybody know when the last time the Gophers played an outdoor game?
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            Anybody know when the last time the Gophers played an outdoor game?
                            I don't remember them playing one in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                              I don't remember them playing one in my lifetime.
                              I'm hoping it stays that way during my lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                                I'm hoping it stays that way during my lifetime.
                                It's not. They have an outdoor game scheduled against Wisconsin in Chicago next February.

Comment

Working...
                                X