• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Joey LaLeggia's 2010-11 stats with Penticton:

58 games 20g-62a-82pts = About 1.4 pts/game

Mike Reilly's 2011-12 stats with Penticton:

66 games 25g-67a-92pts = About 1.4pts/game
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 04-16-2012, 11:32 AM.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Joey LaLeggia's 2010-11 stats with Penticton:

58 games 20g-62a-82pts
      That's reg season only. The 92 for Reilly includes playoffs+exhibition. LaLeggia's overall last year...92 pts. I stand corrected. Reilly sucks big time.
      Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
      Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

• Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
        That's reg season only. The 92 for Reilly includes playoffs+exhibition. LaLeggia's overall last year...92 pts. I stand corrected. Reilly sucks big time.

Comment

Glass 0%:
          ?

In the past, this score wasn't based on the outcome of the last game played, but the entire outlook of the team. You're talking about a D-man coming in with 92 points (and several other good recruits) and rumors that the one of the best players left in the country might stay another year and we're at 0%?

(That, and I had to get a post so I would have a tag on this thread...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
            Some (not all) of what I have mentioned came right from the source. Not sure how that qualifies as "pure speculation".
            1) It doesn't matter who said it, the statements you wrote were pure speculation. 2) "Some"? Then it's probably a good idea to document it properly instead of plagiarizing Mike Guentzel. You seem to enjoy putting the "ham" in hammy.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              1) It doesn't matter who said it, the statements you wrote were pure speculation. 2) "Some"? Then it's probably a good idea to document it properly instead of plagiarizing Mike Guentzel. You seem to enjoy putting the "ham" in hammy.
              I'll vouch for Hammy here. He doesn't "speculate" much (heavy on the quotes), and when he does, it's either spot-on, or darn close. This is from what I've seen and heard between here and GPL.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I'll vouch for Hammy here. He doesn't "speculate" much (heavy on the quotes), and when he does, it's either spot-on, or darn close. This is from what I've seen and heard between here and GPL.
                C'mon Brent... You missed the point again my friend. It was ALL "by definition" (heavy on the quotes) speculation, that's the point.

Comment

C'mon Brent... You missed the point again my friend. It was ALL "by definition" (heavy on the quotes) speculation, that's the point.
                  Gee, he possibly used the wrong word. Or he had to word it in such a way (to protect sources, or not state as fact even though he might have known that it was) that it would fall under the definition of speculation.
                  For example, I had to say that "Jutting will not be coach next season" in the past months. That is speculation by definition. But, I had sources that have to remain anonymous. I had to word it in such a way that would not lead back to those sources. I'm not a reported. I can't just say, "my sources say" and expect journalists' rights.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Gee, he possibly used the wrong word. Or he had to word it in such a way (to protect sources, or not state as fact even though he might have known that it was) that it would fall under the definition of speculation.
                    For example, I had to say that "Jutting will not be coach next season" in the past months. That is speculation by definition. But, I had sources that have to remain anonymous. I had to word it in such a way that would not lead back to those sources. I'm not a reported. I can't just say, "my sources say" and expect journalists' rights.
                    You don't have to be a journalist or a "reported" (sic) to use proper citations Brent when quoting someone else. The proper way to document it is like this: "Sources have told me Minnesota State contacted Minnesota asst coach Mike Guentzel Monday by telephone to gauge his interest in the HC gig... Biggest hold-up for Guentzel is whether he is willing to move family. Guentzel has been behind five different benches the last 5 years" (Dan Myers (CHN) on Twitter, April 11, 2012). What is interesting about Myers quote is there was no mention of position or salary by Guentzel.

Comment

You don't have to be a journalist or a "reported" (sic) to use proper citations Brent when quoting someone else. The proper way to document it is like this: "Sources have told me Minnesota State contacted Minnesota asst coach Mike Guentzel Monday by telephone to gauge his interest in the HC gig... Biggest hold-up for Guentzel is whether he is willing to move family. Guentzel has been behind five different benches the last 5 years" (Dan Myers (CHN) on Twitter, April 11, 2012). What is interesting about Myers quote is there was no mention of position or salary by Guentzel.
                      And maybe he's not comfortable with that (with today's technology, it's fairly easy to narrow down, if not pinpoint, a likely source due to social media). My only point is that when he puts forth some story, it's most likely true. I don't mean any maliciousness towards you at all. Just backing up Hammy.

Comment

And maybe he's not comfortable with that (with today's technology, it's fairly easy to narrow down, if not pinpoint, a likely source due to social media). My only point is that when he puts forth some story, it's most likely true. I don't mean any maliciousness towards you at all. Just backing up Hammy.
                        "Not comfortable"? That's pure speculation Brent. If quotations are not used, then paraphrase the statement to conceal the source identity. But no problem dude, "all is fair in love and war".
                        Last edited by HarleyMC; 04-16-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Mike Guentzel is still behind our bench. That is all that matters

Comment

No problem dude, "all is fair in love and war".
                            I hear ya. The Jutting news I knew about in early Feb or so. If I mentioned or hinted at my source, that would narrow it down a little, and people could narrow it down from that source even more, and probably find out where that person got it from. When it comes to stuff like this, I prefer to be as vague as possible.

Comment

I hear ya. The Jutting news I knew about in early Feb or so. If I mentioned or hinted at my source, that would narrow it down a little, and people could narrow it down from that source even more, and probably find out where that person got it from. When it comes to stuff like this, I prefer to be as vague as possible.
                              I just edited my post above as I didn't address your response completely the first time...check it. If you got somethin', just paraphrase Brent, no worries.

Comment

I just edited my post above as I didn't address your response completely the first time...check it. If you got somethin', just paraphrase Brent, no worries.
                                I understand. Again, no worries. There are few posters on the board that are really plugged in. We lost one (Puck Swami) to an insane poster before. I'd rather not see that happen again, you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X