X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Well we've reached the ides of August. Et tu Brutus?

Anyways, no news is good news. With Bjugs and Haula verbally commited, its looking pretty good that we're going to hold the team together. Whos a remaining risk? Schmidt? With Budish as captain...its looking pretty good. In fact, holding this team together will be a fantastic turnaround from the days of EJ, Kessel and Okposo.
    Yes, the pieces of the puzzle are there...do I dare say as long as they don't get mono? Ok, I just bit my tongue.

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    I was also happy to hear a clarification that the Olympic beach volleyball rule of women not having to wear bikinis only applied below a certain temp.
    Permit me to add a little spice to your fantasy life Koho...take your pick, but the blond second from the left is MINE!! Introducing YOURRR... 2012-13 Golden Gopher Cheerleading Squad (with the Big Mac)!!

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/2012-13GopherCheerleaders.jpg******
    Last edited by HarleyMC; 08-16-2012, 06:08 AM.

Comment

I'm not too sure about this year's cheerleaders, Harley. My girlfriend(although she doesn't necessarily know it), Hope, doesn't appear to be on the squad this year.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

For anyone that is planning on participating in the Houghton Roadtrip: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...n-Taunting-etc.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          I'm not too sure about this year's cheerleaders, Harley. My girlfriend(although she doesn't necessarily know it), Hope, doesn't appear to be on the squad this year.
          Is her name Hope or is that just what you do in regard to her?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Is her name Hope or is that just what you do in regard to her?
            LOL! That was actually her name(probably still is too). She was always right next to us in the 3rd period in the student section so we talked to her a couple times and we even saw the cheerleaders in Dinkytown at Applebee's after the Final Five last year and talked to them then.

That being said, no one can even come close to Lucy from a few years ago. My gosh....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

LOL! That was actually her name(probably still is too). She was always right next to us in the 3rd period in the student section so we talked to her a couple times and we even saw the cheerleaders in Dinkytown at Applebee's after the Final Five last year and talked to them then.

That being said, no one can even come close to Lucy from a few years ago. My gosh....
              There was one that was in the stairs right next Brenthoven, MNS and I a few years ago, we kept making jokes, and saying inappropriate stuff when she was right next to us. We started off very mild and escalated from there, trying to see if she would laugh at something terrible that we said. I said something that was dirty or racist or something like that and she burst out laughing, then she got red in the face and embarrassed because she realized that she shouldn't be laughing at something so terrible.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                There was one that was in the stairs right next Brenthoven, MNS and I a few years ago, we kept making jokes, and saying inappropriate stuff when she was right next to us. We started off very mild and escalated from there, trying to see if she would laugh at something terrible that we said. I said something that was dirty or racist or something like that and she burst out laughing, then she got red in the face and embarrassed because she realized that she shouldn't be laughing at something so terrible.
                You seem to have that effect on people...
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

You what the problem is? The real awesome babes on campus can't skate backwards or do the splits (ahhhh...on ice).

Comment

Skating backward is easy. I just have to be trying to skate forward.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      You what the problem is? The real awesome babes on campus can't skate backwards or do the splits (ahhhh...on ice).
                      That would be an excuse at, say, Huntsville, but you're talking about Minnesota.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I heard she got a free agent contract with an ECHL team and gave up her remaining eligibility.
                        Last edited by goldy_331; 08-18-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Ahhh..... My dog days of August Gopher hockey fix.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            I tried to start a "That's my girlfriend *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*" chant a few times when they were by our section. They sometimes get a kick out of that. Sometimes not.

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            I heard she got a free agent contract with an ECHL team and gave up her remaining eligibility.
                            Whatever the reason was....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Probably preggers.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I tried to start a "That's my girlfriend *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*" chant a few times when they were by our section. They sometimes get a kick out of that. Sometimes not.

Ok, Wes...let me give you a little friendly advice on Gopher hockey babes. Very simply, buy a ride like the one below (the bike Wes, not the girl) and then take lots of photos of it. Here's how it works.

When you see the girl of your dreams, initiate a conversation anywhere at anytime on virtually any topic, it doesn't really matter with this proven method (weather, your nastiest bad habit, why hot dogs cause cancer, etc.). THEN...show them the photos! Abracadabra! The endorphins start circulating throughout the connective tissues and before you can say "spank my monkey"...bang...they'll be begging you for your phone number to offer you private massage treatments. Works every friggin' time. Good luck Wes and let me know if you have any questions.

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/HarleyMCJan.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X