X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yes. Some of us need the room.
    Thanks for clarifying that. I've been confused about this for years, and in my old age I don't have the arm strength anymore to hold it up out of the water in the high urinals. This is particularly a problem at Mariucci, which does not seem to have many of the low ones for some reaon.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      OK, we've tried to tell you Whioux fans before, but those are not for washing your face in, they're for peeing in. Every season I have to instruct one or two of the Whioux faithful when I see them in Mariucci. Also - No, not the elevator, the urinal.

Don't you mean in the street?
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Thanks for clarifying that. I've been confused about this for years, and in my old age I don't have the arm strength anymore to hold it up out of the water in the high urinals. This is particularly a problem at Mariucci, which does not seem to have many of the low ones for some reaon.
        Mariucci has very low troughs; which I am guessing you're familiar with....
        I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
        -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          Don't you mean in the street?
          That too.

Comment

I'm surprised there has been no discussion about the captains being named....

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...080112aaa.html
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post

We're too busy discussing insane pre-season predictions and the Mariucci Classic.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hey did you hear, the captains have been named.

What Scooby said.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  We're too busy discussing insane pre-season predictions and the Mariucci Classic.
                  At least it's not in this thread. And as long as you keep giving him the attention he craves, you realize he's going to keep doing it right?
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Redshirt junior Zach Budish has been named captain of the University of Minnesota men's hockey team for the upcoming 2012-13 season. Budish succeeds now-graduated Taylor Matson in leading the Gophers.

"It is exciting," said Budish, who served as an alternate captain last season as Minnesota advanced to the NCAA Frozen Four. "I grew up watching the Gophers and looked up to all the players, so it is just an honor to be named captain. You look back at some of the past captains and it is pretty humbling to be in the same group with those guys. I am excited for the leadership role, but it is not just me. We have a good group of six or seven guys that will be looked upon to lead."

Senior Seth Helgeson and junior Nick Bjugstad will serve as the team's alternate captains.

"I am excited about all three of our captains," said head coach Don Lucia. "They are not only outstanding students, but they represent Gopher Hockey the right way on the ice and in the community. All three of them will be key players on our team in the upcoming season, and they are also some of the hardest workers we have."

Budish, Helgeson and Bjugstad carry on a Gopher tradition of captains that dates to the first season of Gopher hockey in 1921-22. They will be the 153rd, 154th and 155th players to assume the role of either captain or assistant captain for Minnesota.
                    Great pick for captain and alternate captains.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      Great pick for captain and alternate captains.
                      Agreed.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                        Agreed.
                        +1
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post

I called it a month ago...after his trip to Chicago

Nice to see Bjugs there...basically an honor but not a burden.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

So, has there been any discussion of rule changes yet? Not that any of them are as negative as the rule change by the Olympic committee that no longer are female beach volleyball players required to only wear bikinis.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              So, has there been any discussion of rule changes yet? Not that any of them are as negative as the rule change by the Olympic committee that no longer are female beach volleyball players required to only wear bikinis.
                              No hand passes in the defensive zone if the big one. Trying to increase offense.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                No hand passes in the defensive zone if the big one. Trying to increase offense.
                                So a hand pass in the defensive zone will be a whistle? or a pentaly? Either way it sounds like a stoppage which would benefit the defensive team in a tight spot.
                                I HATE RED!

I always seem to choose my hand over extremely hot women.
                                -BuckyforPrez (2/28/2005)

Comment

Working...
                                X