This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
    I think Horn really started progressing well as an overall player last season. It wasn't just about offense but an improving all around game. Besse got the offensive headlines on their team (rightfully so) but Horn is the more well rounded player. You can put him in different spots and he'll be able to handle it.

I'm not sure what to expect with Michaelson. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. He has to find a role and some consistency. I've heard a rumor (and I want to emphasize rumor) that he has to do well in summer classes or else he might have to sit out first semester. Hopefully it all works out for him no matter what the case may be.
    Good insight Hammy. Completely agree on Horn. I think the young man will be an asset in the locker room as his college career progresses as well. He's just a great kid.

Interesting about Michaelson. I certainly hope for the best for him too. Like you said, hopefully he finds a role on the team and succeeds. I have re-evaluated my expectations for him over the past few years, but considering the talent he has, I am hoping the right situation and coaching can help him realize his potential.

Adding on to the rumor you heard, I heard that he was planning to attend the Wild's development camp, but didn't inform his teachers until last minute, and the coaching staff at the U requested that he stay on campus and focus on his studies. Again, not sure how much, if any, of that is true, but I hope he gets everything taken care of before the fall semester.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      I kinda feel like I'd be missing some great entertainment though
      Maybe but I thought the whole UND thing earlier was a bit more entertaining then this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
        Maybe but I thought the whole UND thing earlier was a bit more entertaining then this.
        No doubt on that one!

There is a reason that it's the ________ fans that are trying to break that discussion up.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
          I understand that you expect blind agreement with everything you say, but that's not how I work. I didn't realize discussion was such a bad thing. LOL.... OK
          No he expects that you use a little bit of your brain and realize the facts behind the scenario you are dribbling the verbal diarrhea about. The dude was drafted 201st overall...the Red Wings are not going to be out for blood over anything the Gophers do with him. They are not gonna pull him out and pay him because they have no need to do so. Where will he play in the AHL? Yeah I am sure they want to waste money and a roster spot on him this early...all because he might play forward in college

The dude is not even close to any priority for the Wings at this point, I highly doubt they could even pick him out of a lineup if he was wearing his jersey. If you asked the GM about him I bet he would say, without hesitation, that they dont even expect Marshall to be in their system for 2 years. That is why he was drafted in the 7th round.

But hey, feel free to keep entertaining us with your 'theories"
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            Yeah July line speculation is done out of pure College Hockey withdrawal.
            Just like every season, expect numerous line adjustments from Lucia and staff. How 'bout this Dr: Guess how many line adjustments (not due to injury) including D pairings there will be between the beginning of the season Oct. 12 and March 9 and WIN a box of your favorite cigars.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              Just like every season, expect numerous line adjustments from Lucia and staff. How 'bout this Dr: Guess how many line adjustments (not due to injury) including D pairings there will be between the beginning of the season Oct. 12 and March 9 and WIN a box of your favorite cigars.
              If we are betting cigars, I want in on this action!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Well if Romeo Y Julieta's are on the line, let's go with 28 different forward and D combos.
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh well, college kids do crazy things...*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/roflmao.gif******
                  That they do!
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

That must be a different Haula... only angels play for the gophers

BTW, if anyone needs any extra halos there are plenty to share over on GPL right now...
                    Last edited by willythekid; 07-27-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                      Well if Romeo Y Julieta's are on the line, let's go with 28 different forward and D combos.
                      Ashtons!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

'Extremely intoxicated' U hockey player Haula cited for urinating on Stillwater street

An "extremely intoxicated" Minnesota Gopher hockey player stood on a street in Stillwater after bar closing time and urinated for others to witness, police said.

Forward Erik Haula, 21, was cited for misdemeanor disorderly conduct early Saturday and then turned over to a friend, whom police described as "somewhat sober."

The officer wrote in his report that he witnessed Haula "urinating while standing on Water St. on the west side of the Freight House [restaurant and bar] in plain view of the bar crowd after bar closing."

The officer also noted in his report that even though "it was clear that he was extremely intoxicated," the 2009 Minnesota Wild draft choice "was very cooperative. No problems."

This is an invitation
                        across the nation
                        for whizzin in the streets
                        Down in Stillwater (whizzin in the streets)
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

"somewhat sober"

LOL!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

At least it was in the street and not in an elevator...
                            Originally posted by CavalryNate
                            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have never been that drunk...what an idiot.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                That must be a different Haula... only angels play for the gophers

BTW, if anyone needs any extra halos there are plenty to share over on GPL right now...
                                It's not hard to come off as an angel when the standard for behavior set by teams to our west is set so low. Are you upset it was too warm outside that he was in no danger of losing a toe? Or is that something you want to keep all to yourself?

Comment

Working...
                                X