PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

HarleyMC
08-16-2012, 06:06 AM
Well we've reached the ides of August. Et tu Brutus?

Anyways, no news is good news. With Bjugs and Haula verbally commited, its looking pretty good that we're going to hold the team together. Whos a remaining risk? Schmidt? With Budish as captain...its looking pretty good. In fact, holding this team together will be a fantastic turnaround from the days of EJ, Kessel and Okposo.

Yes, the pieces of the puzzle are there...do I dare say as long as they don't get mono? Ok, I just bit my tongue.

I was also happy to hear a clarification that the Olympic beach volleyball rule of women not having to wear bikinis only applied below a certain temp.

Permit me to add a little spice to your fantasy life Koho...take your pick, but the blond second from the left is MINE!! Introducing YOURRR... 2012-13 Golden Gopher Cheerleading Squad (with the Big Mac)!!

http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/2012-13GopherCheerleaders.jpg

gopher wes
08-16-2012, 09:12 AM
I'm not too sure about this year's cheerleaders, Harley. My girlfriend(although she doesn't necessarily know it), Hope, doesn't appear to be on the squad this year.:(:(:(

bigblue_dl
08-16-2012, 10:09 AM
For anyone that is planning on participating in the Houghton Roadtrip: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?101018-Gophers-Tech-Road-Trip-Planning-Coordination-Taunting-etc.

goldy_331
08-17-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm not too sure about this year's cheerleaders, Harley. My girlfriend(although she doesn't necessarily know it), Hope, doesn't appear to be on the squad this year.:(:(:(

Is her name Hope or is that just what you do in regard to her?

gopher wes
08-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Is her name Hope or is that just what you do in regard to her?
LOL! That was actually her name(probably still is too:)). She was always right next to us in the 3rd period in the student section so we talked to her a couple times and we even saw the cheerleaders in Dinkytown at Applebee's after the Final Five last year and talked to them then.

That being said, no one can even come close to Lucy from a few years ago. My gosh....

bigblue_dl
08-17-2012, 09:47 AM
LOL! That was actually her name(probably still is too:)). She was always right next to us in the 3rd period in the student section so we talked to her a couple times and we even saw the cheerleaders in Dinkytown at Applebee's after the Final Five last year and talked to them then.

That being said, no one can even come close to Lucy from a few years ago. My gosh....There was one that was in the stairs right next Brenthoven, MNS and I a few years ago, we kept making jokes, and saying inappropriate stuff when she was right next to us. We started off very mild and escalated from there, trying to see if she would laugh at something terrible that we said. I said something that was dirty or racist or something like that and she burst out laughing, then she got red in the face and embarrassed because she realized that she shouldn't be laughing at something so terrible.

MinnesotaNorthStar
08-17-2012, 09:57 PM
There was one that was in the stairs right next Brenthoven, MNS and I a few years ago, we kept making jokes, and saying inappropriate stuff when she was right next to us. We started off very mild and escalated from there, trying to see if she would laugh at something terrible that we said. I said something that was dirty or racist or something like that and she burst out laughing, then she got red in the face and embarrassed because she realized that she shouldn't be laughing at something so terrible.You seem to have that effect on people...

HarleyMC
08-18-2012, 02:27 AM

You what the problem is? The real awesome babes on campus can't skate backwards or do the splits (ahhhh...on ice).

state of hockey
08-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Skating backward is easy. I just have to be trying to skate forward.

MinnesotaNorthStar
08-18-2012, 03:46 AM
You what the problem is? The real awesome babes on campus can't skate backwards or do the splits (ahhhh...on ice).That would be an excuse at, say, Huntsville, but you're talking about Minnesota.

goldy_331
08-18-2012, 08:45 AM

That being said, no one can even come close to Lucy from a few years ago. My gosh....

I heard she got a free agent contract with an ECHL team and gave up her remaining eligibility.

HarleyMC
08-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Ahhh..... My dog days of August Gopher hockey fix.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oJxgKgnQNts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gopher wes
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
There was one that was in the stairs right next Brenthoven, MNS and I a few years ago, we kept making jokes, and saying inappropriate stuff when she was right next to us. We started off very mild and escalated from there, trying to see if she would laugh at something terrible that we said. I said something that was dirty or racist or something like that and she burst out laughing, then she got red in the face and embarrassed because she realized that she shouldn't be laughing at something so terrible.
I tried to start a "That's my girlfriend *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*" chant a few times when they were by our section. They sometimes get a kick out of that. Sometimes not.;):)

I heard she got a free agent contract with an ECHL team and gave up her remaining eligibility.
Whatever the reason was....:(:(:(

bigblue_dl
08-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Whatever the reason was....:(:(:(Probably preggers.

HarleyMC
08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
I tried to start a "That's my girlfriend *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap*" chant a few times when they were by our section. They sometimes get a kick out of that. Sometimes not.;):)

Whatever the reason was....:(:(:(

Ok, Wes...let me give you a little friendly advice on Gopher hockey babes. Very simply, buy a ride like the one below (the bike Wes, not the girl) and then take lots of photos of it. Here's how it works.

When you see the girl of your dreams, initiate a conversation anywhere at anytime on virtually any topic, it doesn't really matter with this proven method (weather, your nastiest bad habit, why hot dogs cause cancer, etc.). THEN...show them the photos! Abracadabra! The endorphins start circulating throughout the connective tissues ;) and before you can say "spank my monkey"...bang...they'll be begging you for your phone number to offer you private massage treatments. Works every friggin' time. Good luck Wes and let me know if you have any questions.

http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/HarleyMCJan.jpg

gopher wes
08-21-2012, 11:07 AM
So you're saying my chants probably aren't the best way to go about this? :D

4four4
08-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Ok, Wes...let me give you a little friendly advice on Gopher hockey babes. Very simply, buy a ride like the one below (the bike Wes, not the girl) and then take lots of photos of it. Here's how it works.

When you see the girl of your dreams, initiate a conversation anywhere at anytime on virtually any topic, it doesn't really matter with this proven method (weather, your nastiest bad habit, why hot dogs cause cancer, etc.). THEN...show them the photos! Abracadabra! The endorphins start circulating throughout the connective tissues ;) and before you can say "spank my monkey"...bang...they'll be begging you for your phone number to offer you private massage treatments. Works every friggin' time. Good luck Wes and let me know if you have any questions.

Are they real?

HarleyMC
08-23-2012, 05:47 AM
In between eating their chocolate covered jalapenos, deep fried pickles and deep fried gator, Budish, Helgeson, Bjugs and tDon will stop by at the Fair (http://www.gophersports.com/blog/2012/08/join-the-gophers-at-the-state-fair-on-aug-28.html)for a Q & A on Aug 28.

cross cheque
08-23-2012, 09:23 AM

Q: What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?
A: The position of the dirtbag.

HarleyMC
08-23-2012, 10:23 AM
Q: What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?
A: The position of the dirtbag.

Q: What's the difference between Ralph Englestad and the Hindenburg?
A: One's a flaming Nazi gas-bag, and the other is a dirigible.