Defense
    Brady Skjei
    Mike Reilly

Goalies
    Adam Wilcox
    (think there was another goalie)

If someone else leaves school:
    Justin Kloos

Other than Skjei...doesn't seem like many sophomore flight risks.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Link to Big Shooter column

Look for Gophers sophomore defenseman Nick Bjugstad to accept an invitation to the Florida Panthers' developmental camp in two weeks, then make a decision whether to return for his junior season at Minnesota or turn professional.

The Panthers are expected to push hard for Bjugstad, a former first-round draft pick, to sign with the understanding that he'll receive a bona fide chance to play in the NHL next season, if there is a season.

The 6-foot-5, 215-pound center has to consider whether the NHL will lock out players when its labor agreement expires in September and whether it's better then to play for the Gophers or in the American Hockey League.

If Bjugstad turns pro and plays in the NHL, he would receive a $900,000 per season salary plus a $270,000 signing bonus on a three-year deal. Including incentive bonuses, an NHL season for Bjugstad could be worth nearly $1.5 million annually.
      Last edited by Greyeagle; 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
        That was pretty long-winded for a little bird....

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          So correct me if I'm wrong. But frosh will consist of:

Forwards
          Ryan Reilly
          Conner Reilly
          AJ Michaelson

Defense
          Brady Skjei
          Mike Reilly

Goalies
          Adam Wilcox

Justin Kloos

Correct. It's a solid class. Should be a group of four year guys up front and a couple of stars on defense. Wilcox is a very good goalie. They will provide a good foundation to build around with some elite recruits coming in the next year or two after that.
          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            So correct me if I'm wrong. But frosh will consist of:

Forwards
            Ryan Reilly
            Conner Reilly
            AJ Michaelson

Defense
            Brady Skjei
            Mike Reilly

Goalies
            Adam Wilcox

Justin Kloos

The way people talk about Mike Reilly, I wonder if he is a slight chance, if things go a little better than even expected.

What can people tell me about the Reilly forwards? They put up quite a few points last year, but so did a third of that team. Are they likely to step in and produce fairly well, or did they benefit from being on a stacked team? And how does that league compare to the USHL, for example? (I realize LaLeggia developed fine there.) Seems like I remember hearing the Reillys are fairly small. Is that correct? If so, I assume they can skate? Anyone know if they are physical at all? (I need a fix and the lack of faith shown in AJ has me a little nervous that this class might not produce a major point contributor in the future.) Basically, can someone describe their games?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
              That was pretty long-winded for a little bird....
              Dot....dot.....dot.....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Annual salary: $900,000
                Signing bonus: $270,000
                Work load: games every 2-3 nights in different cities with co-workers.
                Hobey Baker Award and National Championship with your college buddies to cherish the rest of your life: PRICELESS!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                  The way people talk about Mike Reilly, I wonder if he is a slight chance, if things go a little better than even expected.

What can people tell me about the Reilly forwards? They put up quite a few points last year, but so did a third of that team. Are they likely to step in and produce fairly well, or did they benefit from being on a stacked team? And how does that league compare to the USHL, for example? (I realize LaLeggia developed fine there.) Seems like I remember hearing the Reillys are fairly small. Is that correct? If so, I assume they can skate? Anyone know if they are physical at all? (I need a fix and the lack of faith shown in AJ has me a little nervous that this class might not produce a major point contributor in the future.) Basically, can someone describe their games?
                  I have heard the USHL is a better defensive league. I would give the USHL the edge.
                  Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                  dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                  wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...ents-2012.html

Gophersports(with Frank Mazzocco hosting) has video highlights of the top ten moments of the 2011-2012 season, they are through number 4 so far.

Good stuff.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just told my posting in the wcha was paramount to me yelling at their dingy from my yaht.

So I thought I'd start trying to bail water out of the yaht again:

Boyd, two Gopher recruits chosen for U.S. junior camp
                      Posted by: Roman Augustoviz under College hockey, GophersUpdated: June 19, 2012 - 1:24 AM

USA Hockey has invited 46 players, including seven Minnesotans, to its National Junior Evaluation Camp in August 4-11 in Lake Placid, N.Y..

The players all hope to be named to the U.S. team for the World Junior Championships Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Ufa, Russia. A final camp will be held Dec. 19-23 in Helsinki, Finland.

Gophers sophomore forward Travis Boyd of Hopkins and incoming freshman 'U' defensemen Brady Skjei of Lakeville and Mike Reilly of Chanhassen are among the candidates for the U.S. team. Skjei played for the under-18 U.S. national team this past season and is expected to be a first round pick in the NHL draft later this month. Reilly played for Penticton of the British Columbia Hockey League. The Vees won the Junior A national championship in Canada.

Gophers To Host North Dakota On Hockey Day Minnesota

By Paul Rovnak on June 26, 2012 12:08 PM| No TrackBacks

The University of Minnesota men's hockey team will once again partake in Hockey Day Minnesota in 2013. Minnesota's participation in the seventh-annual statewide celebration of hockey was announced earlier today by FOX Sports North and the Minnesota Wild.

The event is scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013, and will showcase the Golden Gophers against WCHA rival North Dakota at Mariucci Arena. It will be the last WCHA regular-season meeting between the longtime rivals. A start time for the game will be announced in the future.

Strib six days ago (have not seen it here):

Gophers forward Nick Bjugstad continues to workout on a daily basis with his teammates at Mariucci Arena. It remains a decent bet that he returns for a third season instead of signing with the Panthers.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Bjugstad is coming back to the U next year! just heard on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
                          Not true. Florida only said that he would decide for himself. The decision has not been made.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Not true. Florida only said that he would decide for himself. The decision has not been made.
                            They broke the news on kfan about 2 hours ago he comin back! The decision has been made welcome back for another year Nick!

Comment

They broke the news on kfan about 2 hours ago he comin back! The decision has been made welcome back for another year Nick!
                              It's been retracted. Check Russo's Twitter. They also retracted it on KFAN from what I hear.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FkyAjelpVis/Tqby8Ro1veI/AAAAAAAATRk/MKdFEJiB9oI/s1600/lee-corso1.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                                X