This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Sid is a joke. You almost want him to say those kinds of things because reality tends to be the opposite of what really occurs.

I don't think Sid writes his entire column either. There are some things they use that are stolen from the interweb and we know Sid would have no clue where to find info on the interweb. I think some of it is done by an underling.
    University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
      I don't think Sid writes his entire column either. There are some things they use that are stolen from the interweb and we know Sid would have no clue where to find info on the interweb. I think some of it is done by an underling.
      He now Tweets his original stuff.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
        Sid is a joke. You almost want him to say those kinds of things because reality tends to be the opposite of what really occurs.

I THOUGHT I heard, and this is very vague recollection/urban legend, that he is actually illiterate and that he voices his stories to an underling. If true, kudos to him for making a career in journalism, but there's still accountability.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I THOUGHT I heard, and this is very vague recollection/urban legend, that he is actually illiterate and that he voices his stories to an underling. If true, kudos to him for making a career in journalism, but there's still accountability.
          Typing up the **** Sid Hartman says... Is there a worse job in that career field?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            Typing up the **** Sid Hartman says... Is there a worse job in that career field?
            I personally hate the guy (met him as a kid, total arrogant prikk, I actually looked up to him then; I was maybe 7-8 years old). But I will give credit where credit is due. If he can't really read/write, and made a career in journalism? Sh*, that's an accomplishment.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Changing Sid's adult diapers.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Changing Sid's adult diapers.
                Clean up the **** that comes out of his mouth or the **** that comes out of his butt... What's the difference?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

• Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                  Do you? @ 5'6"/145 he would be pioneering new ground despite with BC's propensity for recruiting midgets. My point was he needs to put on some muscle mass and a couple inches or he'll struggle in D1 (e.g. Ness). If you would like to make this statement your hobby for the summer Slap, I'm ok with .
                  Ooh do we a throwdown? Your point was stating the obvious - I doubt he's stopped growing already, he's not coming in next week and yeah, guys his size with this much talent have flourished before. Regardless, lighten up Francis.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Ooh do we a throwdown? Your point was stating the obvious - I doubt he's stopped growing already, he's not coming in next week and yeah, guys his size with this much talent have flourished before. Regardless, lighten up Francis.
                    Didn't you guys used to have a guy that had really good skill but was tiny... geez, I can't think of his name, it was a while back.

Ra... Rau? Something Rau?

Comment

Didn't you guys used to have a guy that had really good skill but was tiny... geez, I can't think of his name, it was a while back.

Ra... Rau? Something Rau?
                      Whoever he is this is all his fault.

Comment

Whoever he is this is all his fault.
                        I think we all blocked him out because he really should still be suspended.

Comment

Just to toot my teams own horn, Ryan Lasch managed to put up 180+ points at 5'7" 165.
                          Cammarata will have no problems, his skill is very evident.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            Which ones are those? Put up or shutup.
                            Standby, here comes the "I'll beat you up/my dad can lick your dad/wanna do something about it?!" just par for Harley's mini golf course.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Urban Legend. Soucheray was telling a story the other day on GL about early in his career sitting near Sid typing away. Souch looked up to this giant of the news world. Then Sid turned to him, Soucheray expecting some words of wisdom, and Sid asked him if he knew how to spell some relatively simple word (Sorry I can't remember the exact word. Something like "college". The story is better when you hear the word.) So not a literary giant, but not illiterate.

Hope Bjugstad is back though. They are stacked without him. But he should be the type of player next year that takes pressure off the rest of the players since other teams will have to focus on him, and still should be able to score that goal at the needed time. A potential Hobey finalist, which is often what you see on a team in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                                Urban Hope Bjugstad is back though. They are stacked without him. But he should be the type of player next year that takes pressure off the rest of the players since other teams will have to focus on him, and still should be able to score that goal at the needed time. A potential Hobey finalist, which is often what you see on a team in the finals.
                                I just hope they come out with the same jump and determination they had last year. That is the element that was missing the previous few seasons. If they are able to do that with the roster they will have (hopefully with Bjugstad) they really should be able to make a run.
                                "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Working...
                                X