X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Do the updates include new fans?
    Actually yes, seeming they screwed everyone by demanding a donation on top of the already ridiculous price. Many didn't do it.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I'm sort of sorry, I had thought I was posting in the much less serious "We're Special" thread.

Of course, dummy, every year the senior class graduates, and we bring in new freshmen. What do you guys in Wisconsin do, stay in school forever so you can get at the free paint thinner and dead deer?
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
        fewer seats so they can fill it up...
        Sorry, we're not the only program in the state. Combined the Minnesota schools sold over 27,000 tickets a night on average. Then again, we don't just go to games because we couldn't get basketball tickets (UW) or because college hockey and Olive Garden are the only things to do in town (UND).

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I'm sort of sorry, I had thought I was posting in the much less serious "We're Special" thread.
          I'll be visiting your season thread to chat soon

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            I'll be visiting your season thread to chat soon
            Bringing JDUBBS, Jr. with you? Bust out some good AAU talk?
            National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
            Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
            two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
            b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              I agree, that other guy wasn't too bad. I forget his name. I really hope Frank and Wally get the job though. Would be awesome!
              Frank will not be back. I can almost guarantee it. I suppose there's that one-in-a-million chance, but after asking him about it last year at the F4......I'd say no.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Frank will not be back. I can almost guarantee it. I suppose there's that one-in-a-million chance, but after asking him about it last year at the F4......I'd say no.
                It actually all worked out in the long run. Doug wanted to do less and he got to stay on TV and do that. Frank got reunited with Wally on radio cause Sonmor retired. I don't necessarily dig the TV setup right now but at least Frank is still with Gopher hockey and I'm happy about that.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I have a question about a former Gopher Evan Kaufmann. I just saw him play for team Germany in the IIHF tournament. I thought he was from the Twin Cities. Does anyone know how he has ended up playing for Germany? Does he have duel citizenship, because of a parent?

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    I have a question about a former Gopher Evan Kaufmann. I just saw him play for team Germany in the IIHF tournament. I thought he was from the Twin Cities. Does anyone know how he has ended up playing for Germany? Does he have duel citizenship, because of a parent?
                    I believe that he was granted citizenship due to him having relatives that were holocaust victims.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      I believe that he was granted citizenship due to him having relatives that were holocaust victims.
                      That is correct. The Star Diaper had an article on him a couple months ago.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        That is correct. The Star Diaper had an article on him a couple months ago.
                        Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

I found this article about his situation. It is a pretty amazing story.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/sp...pagewanted=all

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          It actually all worked out in the long run. Doug wanted to do less and he got to stay on TV and do that. Frank got reunited with Wally on radio cause Sonmor retired. I don't necessarily dig the TV setup right now but at least Frank is still with Gopher hockey and I'm happy about that.
                          FSN needs to change the entire Gopher broadcast team. I like how Hankinson does games and wish they'd use him instead of Gorg. I don't know if he has the time/desire to be the full time analyst but I like listening to him far more.
                          University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Greetings, Gophers.

So, there's a very, very high likelihood that I'll be meandering through Minneapolis before heading toward East Lansing to start a vacation that I have coming up in October. And, with apparent good timing on my side, it looks as though I'll be getting into town near the second weekend in October.

I think you might see where I'm going with this: I'd like to try to scratch a bulletpoint off my college hockey bucket list and see a game (or, two, if the Thursday-Friday rumors become reality) at Mariucci when my Spartans are in town.

I have many questions, but I'll squeeze my list down to this:

1.) What's the likelihood of me nabbing a single SRO ticket (or, heck, an actual seat) through Minnesota's athletics website for each game, say, one month or two months prior to gameday? When do tickets normally go on sale through the Minnesota athletics website?
                            2.) What are tickets at Mariucci going for nowadays? Still around the $30-$35 range? How much will parking set me back, and do you have any lot recommendations?
                            3.) Do you have any recommendations for lodging near the rink? I'll be honest: I'm looking for something on the cheap. Basically, I just need a bed to sleep in and a WiFi connection to search the USCHO forums on.

Oh, and any other pre- and/or post-game Minneapolis-St. Paul-related recommendations would be fine, too.
                            Last edited by aallenpollreisz; 05-13-2012, 08:26 PM.
                            Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                            66 - 86 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                            59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                              FSN needs to change the entire Gopher broadcast team. I like how Hankinson does games and wish they'd use him instead of Gorg. I don't know if he has the time/desire to be the full time analyst but I like listening to him far more.
                              Totally agree on Hankinson.
                              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                                Greetings, Gophers.

So, there's a very, very high likelihood that I'll be meandering through Minneapolis before heading toward East Lansing to start a vacation that I have coming up in October. And, with apparent good timing on my side, it looks as though I'll be getting into town near the second weekend in October.

I think you might see where I'm going with this: I'd like to try to scratch a bulletpoint off my college hockey bucket list and see a game (or, two, if the Thursday-Friday rumors become reality) at Mariucci when my Spartans are in town.

I have many questions, but I'll squeeze my list down to this:

1.) What's the likelihood of me nabbing a single SRO ticket (or, heck, an actual seat) through Minnesota's athletics website for each game, say, one month or two months prior to gameday? When do tickets normally go on sale through the Minnesota athletics website?
                                2.) What are tickets at Mariucci going for nowadays? Still around the $30-$35 range? How much will parking set me back, and do you have any lot recommendations?
                                3.) Do you have any recommendations for lodging near the rink? I'll be honest: I'm looking for something on the cheap. Basically, I just need a bed to sleep in and a WiFi connection to search the USCHO forums on.

Oh, and any other pre- and/or post-game Minneapolis-St. Paul-related recommendations would be fine, too.
                                You can buy SRO anytime. Those are the only tickets I have bought in the past few years. Why? If you know where the opposing team's section allotment is, you can just sit there if it's not a WI/UND sort of team.Right by the opponents' bench on the ice. $25 or so.

Around the arena, it's Campus Pizza or Sally's, for the most part. Some like Stub'n'Herb's.

Comment

Working...
                                X