This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Just one? 'Cause if that's the case, might as well get his jerseys printed. Maybe it won't be as bad as some initially thought, and so far so good for you guys, but there's no way you guys have nobody leave early.
    We shall see. It will obviously have to be a forward for them to bring Kloos in. Only forward I see possibly leaving early is Bjugstad, and I think he'll be back. But Kloos coming in is contingent upon Bjugstad's decision IMO.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      Just one? 'Cause if that's the case, might as well get his jerseys printed. Maybe it won't be as bad as some initially thought, and so far so good for you guys, but there's no way you guys have nobody leave early.
      I love the optimism. The Gophs have just been riddled by early departures. People have talked about a new team attitude with these guys...so who knows. I still won't count on Bjugs until I see him in October.

Anybody have any idea on the Reilly's outside of their stats at the BCHL?
      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        We shall see. It will obviously have to be a forward for them to bring Kloos in. Only forward I see possibly leaving early is Bjugstad, and I think he'll be back. But Kloos coming in is contingent upon Bjugstad's decision IMO.
        I think Haula's a flight risk too. Other then that nodoy else really jumps out, but then again who saw Bickel coming (or going)?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          I think Haula's a flight risk too. Other then that nodoy else really jumps out, but then again who saw Bickel coming (or going)?
          Haula already said he'll be back. Yeah, he could leave late, but I don't think so. Wild are bringing in a lot of guys next year. Haula said he talked to the Wild and they both thought it best he stay another year.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Haula already said he'll be back. Yeah, he could leave late, but I don't think so. Wild are bringing in a lot of guys next year. Haula said he talked to the Wild and they both thought it best he stay another year.
            Hadn't heard that. Yeah, you never count your chickens before they've hatched, but I'd say that's enough to take him off of the "flight risk" list.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

iirc Haula hasn't officially said anything other than he's staying in MN for the summer. I think he comes back, but as Euro has said it's way too early to expect they don't have one significant departure. For instance Student may transfer but that's not the type of loss that would prompt them to bring in Kloos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                iirc Haula hasn't officially said anything other than he's staying in MN for the summer. I think he comes back, but as Euro has said it's way too early to expect they don't have one significant departure. For instance Student may transfer but that's not the type of loss that would prompt them to bring in Kloos.
                Pioneer Press - Erik Haula to return to Gophers, won't sign with Wild for now

Kloos only comes in if we lose a forward who got significant ice time last year IMO.

Comment

Cool. Although the, "for now" part leaves it open...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Cool. Although the, "for now" part leaves it open...
                    Agreed. I'd be stunned if he doesn't come back though. The Wild are bringing a lot of prospects in next season and I think they want to hold off on bringing Haula in.

Comment

Susie fan play by play announcer Anthony LaHairPiece expected to get the Wild job...sweet!! No more listening to that clown get more excited when the other team scores against the Gophers.

Bring back Frank! I loved how he just said whatever he wanted to and drove the other teams fans nuts!!

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                        Susie fan play by play announcer Anthony LaHairPiece expected to get the Wild job...sweet!! No more listening to that clown get more excited when the other team scores against the Gophers.

Bring back Frank! I loved how he just said whatever he wanted to and drove the other teams fans nuts!!
                        He and Wally are just waiting in the wings over on 1500. I also like that new announcer that does Big Ten games (he even did a Gopher game or two)...doesn't quite have the fun humor of Frank/Wally, but he's not rigid like Lapanta.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          He and Wally are just waiting in the wings over on 1500. I also like that new announcer that does Big Ten games (he even did a Gopher game or two)...doesn't quite have the fun humor of Frank/Wally, but he's not rigid like Lapanta.
                          I agree, that other guy wasn't too bad. I forget his name. I really hope Frank and Wally get the job though. Would be awesome!

Comment

Finally, Mariucci Arena is getting some much needed updates.

Comment

Do the updates include new fans?

I'm sort of sorry, I had thought I was posting in the much less serious "We're Special" thread.
                              Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 05-11-2012, 12:54 PM.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Do the updates include new fans?
                                fewer seats so they can fill it up...

Comment

Working...
                                X