X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    I'm just here with an honest question and I'm really only interested in the answer.

Why do you guys only have 5 titles when you've been around much longer than us?
    Here are some reasons why the Gophers only have 5 titles. First, in the 80 plus years of Gopher hockey the Minnesota coaches recruited 99% of their players from America and more importantly state of Minnesota kids. Two, the teams were not good enough to win more titles. Three, Minnesota coaches decided not to recruit overage Canadians who were bound to help with winning more titles.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      No, I wasn't in your thread. Nor was any other Badger poster.

I am now though. This is kinda fun, in a d-bag sorta way.

And seriously, even SCSU fans don't want to see SCSU play. Why should I?
      SCSU fans understand and appreciate the game. They go to hockey games to watch their team play, and not just because they couldn't get basketball tickets.

Again, UW is too good to play no one

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
        SCSU fans understand and appreciate the game.

I don't think they do. In terms of understanding the game, I have them ranked 6th in the state (of MN).

Now that's a FACT. If you have anything to offer other than your opinion, I'm happy to listen (read). Also, I'm happy to let this drop if you do.

Comment

I don't think they do. In terms of understanding the game, I have them ranked 6th in the state (of MN).

Now that's a FACT. If you have anything to offer other than your opinion, I'm happy to listen (read). Also, I'm happy to let this drop if you do.
          I tried dropping it a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            I tried dropping it a while ago.
            How did you miss the part about 6th?

Comment

How did you miss the part about 6th?
              Didn't miss it. I just chose not to reply to it. I made my point. That's all I care about.

Comment

I've got this crazy idea. How about instead of hijacking 2 separate threads you just create your own for Jdubs and Gurt to snipe at each other. That way we can all choose if we want to read about MN's tradition and WI's 6>5 routine.

Comment

Interesting schedule. Looks like I'll have favorable timing to make a road trip up to Houghton finally. Been wanting to make that trip for years, but it never worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                    Interesting schedule. Looks like I'll have favorable timing to make a road trip up to Houghton finally. Been wanting to make that trip for years, but it never worked out.
                    I'm totally torn about that one. I've been wanting to make that trip for a while and this could be the last chance. Unfortunately can't make the trip out to CO. Disappointed about no Duluth. Haven't been to Amsoil yet. So that leaves SCSU, Mankato, and WI. Hmmm... have to think about that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                      I'm totally torn about that one. I've been wanting to make that trip for a while and this could be the last chance. Unfortunately can't make the trip out to CO. Disappointed about no Duluth. Haven't been to Amsoil yet. So that leaves SCSU, Mankato, and WI. Hmmm... have to think about that one.
                      Houghton. It's fantastic. Way better than SCSU and MSUM. You'll have plenty of years to travel to Madison.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Houghton. It's fantastic. Way better than SCSU and MSUM. You'll have plenty of years to travel to Madison.
                        Yeah, plus I've already been to the KC. Way to easy to make that trip with family not too far away. I'll have to see what I'm able to work out. Love to make that trip even though the drive probably sucks big time.

Comment

And seriously, even SCSU fans don't want to see SCSU play. Why should I?
                          How can one hate a guy with this much wisdom? Even if he is a Cheezewhizzer.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            Yeah, plus I've already been to the KC. Way to easy to make that trip with family not too far away. I'll have to see what I'm able to work out. Love to make that trip even though the drive probably sucks big time.
                            Houghton is a cool place. I've been there a couple of times (non-hockey, believe it or not ) and enjoyed it a lot.

Some cool little bars/restaurants and of course, the KBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              This. And there's a huge Gopher contingent going. As of the F5, I heard 18 hotel rooms were filled at 3-4 fans per room.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Some cool little bars/restaurants and of course, the KBC.
                                I'm guessing you're a big fan of the Gay bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X