This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher 2012 offseason thread

“@AndyBaggotWSJ: As expected, Wisconsin has signed a contract t play WCHA rival Minnesota at Soldier Field in Chicago on Feb. 17, 2013. Gophers are in, too.”
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      “@AndyBaggotWSJ: As expected, Wisconsin has signed a contract t play WCHA rival Minnesota at Soldier Field in Chicago on Feb. 17, 2013. Gophers are in, too.”
      At least Barry is paying. It would be fun to go and be the only one in the stands.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

I'm just here with an honest question and I'm really only interested in the answer.

Why do you guys only have 5 titles when you've been around much longer than us? Also, why is your tradition less great than ours?

Please refrain from personal attacks in your response.

When your responses have come around to agreement that UW is greater overall than Minnesota, I will stop responding to your responses.

Comment

Gurt's just upset because he feels like he should be able to say UW is too good to play the likes off BSU, Mankato, and SCSU, but no one has the right to say their program is too good to play UW.

I can see my point got thru to him

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            I'm just here with an honest question and I'm really only interested in the answer.

Why do you guys only have 5 titles when you've been around much longer than us?
            Choking.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
              Gurt's just upset because he feels like he should be able to say UW is too good to play the likes off BSU, Mankato, and SCSU, but no one has the right to say their program is too good to play UW.

I can see my point got thru to him
              I figured that its because his team couldn't even crawl to .500 this year...even with as usual Minnesota making up a huge number of its players. But with 2/3 of the wins Minnesota has as a program since the '20s...I can see why he's cherry picking his stats here. Also I can see why he doesn't bring up the head to head record.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Choking.
                That pretty much sums it up. I think I have these numbers right. 19 Frozen Fours. Been to the title game 10 times. Won it 5.

While Wisconsin has won 6 titles. Lost 3. And only been to the frozen four 9 times. (counting the vacated appearance in 1992).
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  That pretty much sums it up. I think I have these numbers right. 19 Frozen Fours. Been to the title game 10 times. Won it 5.

While Wisconsin has won 6 titles. Lost 3. And only been to the frozen four 9 times. (counting the vacated appearance in 1992).
                  Minnesota has 20 Frozen Four appearances, including 11 championship game appearances.

I believe Wisconsin has been to the Frozen Four 12 times.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Minnesota has 20 Frozen Four appearances, including 11 championship game appearances.

I believe Wisconsin has been to the Frozen Four 12 times.
                    So they are 5-6 in title games?

Good one Gurt
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      So they are 5-6 in title games?

Good one Gurt
                      Correct. Minnesota trails only North Dakota and Michigan for title game appearances. The Sioux (7-5) and the Wolverines (9-3) each have 12 appearances. BC also has 11 title game appearances, and is also 5-6 in those games. BU (5-5) and DU (7-3) each have 10 appearances.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        I figured that its because his team couldn't even crawl to .500 this year...even with as usual Minnesota making up a huge number of its players. But with 2/3 of the wins Minnesota has as a program since the '20s...I can see why he's cherry picking his stats here. Also I can see why he doesn't bring up the head to head record.
                        He's also just snarking in response to the delightful contributions your buddy gives to our threads.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          He's also just snarking in response to the delightful contributions your buddy gives to our threads.
                          Yeah, because you and your buddies weren't doing the exact same thing I'm doing You think your program is too good for BSU, Mankato, and SCSU? Well, many Gopher fans think our program i too good for UW. As long as we're all being honest about who we're too good for, I thought I'd throw that out there

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Correct. Minnesota trails only North Dakota and Michigan for title game appearances. The Sioux (7-5) and the Wolverines (9-3) each have 12 appearances. BC also has 11 title game appearances, and is also 5-6 in those games. BU (5-5) and DU (7-3) each have 10 appearances.
                            Interetesting. UMD is 1-1 in title games and gave Michigan their third loss in title games. Surprising.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Another question...

If our athletic director tells the Gophers to jump, their response is:

A) "How High?"
                              B) "Thank you sir, may I jump again?"
                              C) All of the above.

As Slap Shot likes to say...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                                Yeah, because you and your buddies weren't doing the exact same thing I'm doing

No, I wasn't in your thread. Nor was any other Badger poster.

I am now though. This is kinda fun, in a d-bag sorta way.

And seriously, even SCSU fans don't want to see SCSU play. Why should I?

Comment

Working...
                                X