Quinnipiac Bobcats 2012 Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2012 Offseason

This happens multiple times an off season in college football. It happened last summer with Mark Dennehy, getting a raise and extension from MC to not pursue jobs at Providence and NU.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
      The story may never come out of what went on, but as long as he never said there was a deal or he would accept, I see no issue with letting Qpac counter. That is just being smart on his end.
      I'm assuming the initial source was out of the UMass athletics office, and this report probably came out of the Quinnipiac athletics office. If someone at UMass thought it was such a done deal that they could leak it to the press, then I wonder what the real story is. I do hope we find out, and I really hope it was overabundance of excitement from someone in the UMass athletics office, and that they were never as close as they made it appear.

Because if this was as close as the UMass report appeared to be, then, quite frankly, it's a bit of a poor job by Rand.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
        Because if this was as close as the UMass report appeared to be, then, quite frankly, it's a bit of a poor job by Rand.
        It's a business. If he got more money from Q-pac and backed out of his deal with UMass, it happens.
        #NewMass

Comment

Wow this is starting to look a little messy. Obviously not good when this far along in the offseason. Union lost Nate Leaman at the end of the season but had a relatively long time to make the spring to summer to fall transition and there was a logical successor already in the house. I'm wondering if QPac has the right to match any offer and also if our assistant Joe Dumais would be a possible candidate if he leaves? I'd hate to lose Joe, he's done a great job at Union and is a real high energy guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            Wow this is starting to look a little messy. Obviously not good when this far along in the offseason. Union lost Nate Leaman at the end of the season but had a relatively long time to make the spring to summer to fall transition and there was a logical successor already in the house. I'm wondering if QPac has the right to match any offer and also if our assistant Joe Dumais would be a possible candidate if he leaves? I'd hate to lose Joe, he's done a great job at Union and is a real high energy guy.
            Well, Chip Malafronte in the New Haven Register (who's their hockey beat writer) says Rand is definitely saying, said this "episode" is over. So, it looks like Dumais is safely at Union.

Comment

Wow... had my head stuck at work only to come home to all this. I guess until we hear from someone in an official capacity, whatever happened (or didn't happen) is just speculation. Since multiple people are reporting the same story, it sure sounds like Rand is staying which is fine by me. July is not the time to be starting a coaching search.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                Wow... had my head stuck at work only to come home to all this. I guess until we hear from someone in an official capacity, whatever happened (or didn't happen) is just speculation. Since multiple people are reporting the same story, it sure sounds like Rand is staying which is fine by me. July is not the time to be starting a coaching search.
                Normally July would not be the time to do a coaching search but since Cahoon stepped down late, UMass has no choice. It will be a challenge for the coach who accepts the position and the school that loses that coach. Never easy to make these moves this late in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                  It's a business. If he got more money from Q-pac and backed out of his deal with UMass, it happens.
                  Absolutely. Nothing like a tempting job offer to pad the wallet and tack a few more years on a contract....
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Very Good Comments from QU Men's Ice Hockey Players on their 2012-13 season:

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/spo...201207197mod5f

Comment

Congratulations to the 2001-02 Mens Ice Hockey team and head coach Rand Pecknold for being inducted into the Quinnipiac Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2012.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

Ken Schott reporting the ECAC tourney is headed back to L Placid in 2014. Presser next Tuesday. https://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/schott/
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

More Kudos (deserved) for Coach Pecknold whose contract was extended by QU:

http://www.quinnipiacbobcats.com/spo...2012081309icbd

Video Comments included

Comment

Good to see that episode is behind us. Would love to hear the story of just how close he was to leaving. Hopefully Chip, or one of the USCHO reporters will tackle it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                              Would love to hear the story of just how close he was to leaving.
                              Personally, I doubt he even considered it.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Personally, I doubt he even considered it.
                                What makes you say that? With the reports that came that day, it certainly seems like he was on the way out the door before QU sent him this new extension.

Comment

Working...
                                X